Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
And I think, if I remember right, it might be a little bit tighter draw wide open than the SJMY Doggy wide open.

On paper, the 2.5 mm insert should be pretty much the same. But that's on paper. How an atty actually behaves and feels in RL is a different story.

I just saw you had a thread dedicated to the Dwarv. :thumb: I'll read it a bit later when I have more time.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Give the True MTL a try, Katya. I'm absolutely loving mine. I think it's a better vape than the doggy (more solid, dense, flavorful), has top fill, and a truly functional af ring. But it is slightly tighter than the SJMY doggy.

True MTL? Hmm... never looked at that one because, well, I don't want a true MTL. :D

How slightly? Anything tighter than the kayfun 4 (2.2 mm diameter) is probably too tight. Got a thread? ;)

Last edited:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Serpent SMM, single coil, side airflow, but you probably will need to change the tip for tighter DL or MTL.

Image of the deck showing the ovular holes on both sides of the coil.
    wotofo_serpent-smm_26-1023x682.jpg

This is the tip I use with it:
    $1.60 Stainless Steel 510 Drip Tip - 11mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    True MTL? Hmm... never looked at that one because, well, I don't want a true MTL. :D

How slightly? Anything tighter than the Kayfun 4 (22 mm diameter) is probably too tight. Got a thread? ;)
    I never did the K4 - just the KFL2, Monster, KM3, KM5. But True might not be for you then - it's tighter than the SJMY for sure. Man, I do like it though!

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I never did the K4 - just the KFL2, Monster, KM3, KM5. But True might not be for you then - it's tighter than the SJMY for sure. Man, I do like it though!

K4 has the same 2.2 mm diameter air intake hole as the K3 mini, but much larger building deck and more air everywhere. It's just a pain to use. Turn this way, that that way, shut this off, unscrew this. It's a nightmare, but once you've got it going, it's a beautiful, easy vape.

Last edited:

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    Vapefly Galaxies MTL Squonk RDTA is also good. Only 2ml and great on a squonker, but can be used as a regular RDTA.

Easy, innovative fill system when used as a conventional RDTA with unicorn-style plastic eliquid bottles. Wide range of airflow options, from single 0.8 mm to dual 2 mm air holes.

Vapefly Galaxies MTL Squonk RDTA – VapeFly.net

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    K4 has the same 22 mm diameter air intake hole as the K3 mini, but much larger building deck and more air everywhere. It's just a pain to use. Turn this way, that that way, shut this off, unscrew this. It's a nightmare, but once you've got it going, it's a beautiful, easy vape.
    Oh yeah, I looked at it quite a bit back then. Looks like a piece of serious over engineering, and probably their least popular offering. That's why it's about the only one I never tried (forgot to mention I had the Prime, and didn't like it either). But like you, there were many that just loved the draw on it. :)

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    K4 has the same 22 mm diameter air intake hole as the K3 mini, but much larger building deck and more air everywhere. It's just a pain to use. Turn this way, that that way, shut this off, unscrew this. It's a nightmare, but once you've got it going, it's a beautiful, easy vape.
    You mean 2.2 mm. Yeah, mine is sitting on a stand too. Picked it up maybe a month ago and realized that I forgot how to use the thing! :facepalm:

Where‘ya been Katya? :)

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
    Sep 25, 2017
    UK
    Oh, how about Coppervape Skyline? Looks promising (on paper). :)

I can sort of vouch for this one. I use it with the AFC nearly closed off, but it opens up a lot (i.e. whoosh) if that's your thing. It comes with a couple of reducers/inserts & I'm fairly sure I'm using the smaller one. It's versatile. It's also very easy to build on.

The True MTL RTA is rather nice, but wide open it's still quite tight - think Nautilus.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Just for fun...and to make pod user's heads spin. And I heard if you twist the afc counter clockwise, while twisting the top thread clockwise, while standing on one foot, you could do time travel!
    upload_2019-1-9_18-56-5.png

I rebuilt the engine in my 1972 Audi easier than I could assemble this from scratch!

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Just for fun...and to make pod user's heads spin. And I heard if you twist the afc counter clockwise, while twisting the top thread clockwise, while standing on one foot, you could do time travel!
    View attachment 791073

WOW - that makes me appreciate simple RTAs like the doggy even more

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    The True MTL RTA is rather nice, but wide open it's still quite tight - think Nautilus.

Thanks. Nautilus is too tight for me. Funny. I started with cartomizers and used to love them. When the Evod was first introduced we used to stick toothpicks in it to reduce the airflow--it was considered by many to be too airy...

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    View attachment 791073
    I rebuilt the engine in my 1972 Audi easier than I could assemble this from scratch!

proxy.php

I know, I know. I spent hours learning how to use this thing. Such a lovely vape, though. I still love it.
    proxy.php

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread