Sattec's atty cleaning test thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sattec

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
mcallen texas
yes yes yes..the vape may taste bad as you get down to the really old, bad juice, it's old nasty juice that was locked up in your atty for weeks, get it out of there! Don't inhale it, just keep getting all that yuckie old juice out and clear the mesh so air can flow and Crest Pro can get in there......rotate the atty in your mouth as you blow to make sure the air get through the atty...you'll get the hang of it...practice..a completely dry coil (no mesh juice to feed it) will glow orange and not sizzle, it will be completely quiet, you'll have to look in there to see if it's glowing, there will be no sizzle sound.....now your ready to drip or use a cart or go for a CPro wash! You wash for seven minutes now, now since the prime is completely gone, use warm Cpro....rinse with warm water.....

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I would suggest that all remember that everything in this world is relative.
I can blow my atomizer twice and get pretty much all the juice out.

But I'm 6'5" and I blow like I'm trying to explode my head.
I could probably blow up a good sized balloon easily with those same two blows.

It's like how many drops someone should drip on an atomizer.
It depends on how big your dropper is.

Don'tReadTheRunes

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
St. Louis MO
Well I have tried this method and to put it simply....it works great. Brought back 2 extremely weak atomizers that I had previously tried to clean with other methods. So now I'm thinking that perhaps it works too well. What I mean is, what about the chunks of carbon and gunk that are too big to float out through the bottom and side holes? Won't all that loose stuff just clog right back up? Hasn't happened with my renewed attys yet, but I can't shake the thought.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Well I have tried this method and to put it simply....it works great. Brought back 2 extremely weak atomizers that I had previously tried to clean with other methods. So now I'm thinking that perhaps it works too well. What I mean is, what about the chunks of carbon and gunk that are too big to float out through the bottom and side holes? Won't all that loose stuff just clog right back up? Hasn't happened with my renewed attys yet, but I can't shake the thought.

After the soak, blow the atty out from the battery end. Any loose chunks will easily exit the atty via the cartridge end.

Don'tReadTheRunes

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
St. Louis MO
After the soak, blow the atty out from the battery end. Any loose chunks will easily exit the atty via the cartridge end.

I did do that which is perhaps why they haven't reclogged or anything. I just didn't think that the parts that are below the bridge and above the battery posts would or could get out through the bridge end.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
I did do that which is perhaps why they haven't reclogged or anything. I just didn't think that the parts that are below the bridge and above the battery posts would or could get out through the bridge end.

On most designs, all that lives below the coil and the ceramic pot is mesh.. and then the wiring. The mesh can't and won't hold any chunks in the first place.... and if you got chunks down by the wiring... how did they get there??

The chunks primarily come right off of the coil and/or the coil pot surrounding the coil. And that stuff can exit out the cartridge end.

miketr

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Southern Illinois (rural area)
Well, gosh, I bought a little bottle tonight and tried this on a weak hard too draw on atty and to my surprise (sorry, I've tried too many ineffectual cleaning methods people swore to on the forums) there were tiny black specks in the wash when I finished. I rinsed it out thoroughly and am now going to overnight soak it in distilled water then let it thoroughly dry before repriming it and testing. I'll let you know my results. SLB DSE 901 atty.

For others benefit, here is a picture of the wash with the black specs in it post cleaning. The scale is about 3 inches across.
Black_Specks002c.jpg

Last edited:

miketr

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
...I'm not sure what's up with the white stuff, but the atty came back to life quite nicely...

I took apart a completely cold dead atomizer one time and some internal surfaces were coated with a thin layer of this waxy white stuff. I had been trying lots of different kinds of flavorings and PG/VG/PGA combinations in DIY eLiquid on that atty, and it suddenly froze up solid, the latest eLiquid I had made turned into a gel (very bizarre), and the same eLiquid in the cart I was using made the polyfill bond to the cart plastic. Pretty scary stuff; only happened once, and didn't cause me any harm. But I have no idea what caused it.

This is pure speculation, but I think occasionally, unusual combinations can over time cause eLiquid elements to react together chemically and form the white stuff, whatever it is. I've heard of other people mention the stuff coming out when cleaning their atty on other threads.

It might be sort of like the way running hydrogen through vegetable oil turns it waxy/fatty (the infamous hydrolized vegetable oil found in so many snack foods as a solid fat substitute).

But again, that is all just pure speculation and a single subjective experience by a relative beginner, so please take it with a grain of salt.

miketr

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Just so potential attempters are aware, I've switched out the distilled water holding my attys about five times now, - every few hours (and after overnight) it and the attys still smell like the mouthwash! I think it is slowly getting weaker. BTW I am blowing them out and rinsing them very thoroughly every time.

I won't be drying them and trying them until I can't smell that mouthwash smell any more. :)

eclypse

Moved On
Sep 9, 2009
Macomb MI
I've found that it is not worth trying to get rid of that 'mouthwash' smell.

I just let my attys dry overnight and then fire them up. First cart full is definitely minty fresh :) but pretty much gone by second cart.

Have a smoke and freshin your breath in the morning at the same time! Sounds like a winner to me! :D

I never had a prob after soaking it in water over night and giving it about 7 hours to dry. Taste is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread