Status
Not open for further replies.

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
I'd bet the leaking is from your wicking. Since I got my black Serpent I've always had some weaping around the AFC, not bad but there. I added the o-ring on the base & it didn't help so I learned to live with it since it was always there. The last rewicking I did has absolutely no weaping, it is completely bone dry now, nothing at all. It had everything to do with wicking in my case, just my two cent's, YMMV.

Kingboomer

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2013
Commerce City, CO
I wick a little differently than Todd does. I get it nice and chunky, just sitting over the juice channels, but I cut at a bit of an angle so there's some inside the channel. After all this, I do get a small weep from an initial fill up/refill, but after that not a drop. YMMV

-Kingboomer

dleister1981

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
Michigan USA
I have 2 black ones. No conductivity issue but manipulating the AFC and JFC were stiff due to the paint. My SS ones are buttery smooth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thank you, i ordered one anyway, my AFC is always full open, and i have a feeling the JFC will wear in fast, as long as the conductivity is fine is all that concerns me

dleister1981

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
Michigan USA
i w
I wick a little differently than Todd does. I get it nice and chunky, just sitting over the juice channels, but I cut at a bit of an angle so there's some inside the channel. After all this, I do get a small weep from an initial fill up/refill, but after that not a drop. YMMV

-Kingboomer
i wick mine like Matt from Suckmymod, i get a little extra juice on refills, usually 2 hits and its gone, never any leaking/weeping. i know opinions are like .... holes, but IMO tank of teh year

dleister1981

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
Michigan USA
I, like a lot of others on this thread, love the Serpent tank. Great vaping experience IMO. The bad thing is I can't seem to get the damn thing to quit leaking when I'm out and about. I'll reach in my pocket after walking for a bit and what do I get....juice all over my hands! This happens regardless of whether I've just filled it, or if it was filled an hour or so beforehand. None of my other tanks do this, but they're not RTA's either. The other tanks I use are the Atlantis 2 and the Triton 2. It's gotten to the point where I barely use the Serpent anymore because I don't want to deal with the leaking issues. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so have you found a way to prevent this?
you are putting some wick in the wicking channels? use 3mm or 3.5mm coils and fill them with cotton and leave some on the deck and stuff some down in the channels, works great, mines never leaked a drop.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
WOTOFO SERPENT RTA

12733529_10204363900857332_3704943866102867546_n_picmonkeyed.jpg

;)

RedwoodOrginal

Dec 11, 2014
Charming
you are putting some wick in the wicking channels? use 3mm or 3.5mm coils and fill them with cotton and leave some on the deck and stuff some down in the channels, works great, mines never leaked a drop.

Here is what my current build looks like. Obviously the coil needs to be replaced which I'm getting ready to do. It's a 24 gauge around a 2mm bit. I will try a 3mm coil next and see if that makes a difference. Should I have the wick more in the juice channel or is it fine where it's at? Thanks!
ed20cf409babafd1d208e8f4dc038f8d.jpg

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
I use a 3mm coil with way more wick then that. As mentioned before, you can place some of the wick in the juice channels with the rest sitting on top of the deck. Looking down on the coil my wick looks like a capital S, from the sides some of that "S" has some wick in the juice channels with the rest laying on the deck.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Here is what my current build looks like. Obviously the coil needs to be replaced which I'm getting ready to do. It's a 24 gauge around a 2mm bit. I will try a 3mm coil next and see if that makes a difference. Should I have the wick more in the juice channel or is it fine where it's at? Thanks!

RedWood,

You don't need to replace the coil just run it under hot tap water and brush lightly with a toothbrush. I am sure you will be surprised how clean it will be after just a couple of minutes of hot water and light brushing.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

RedwoodOrginal

Dec 11, 2014
Charming
I use a 3mm coil with way more wick then that. As mentioned before, you can place some of the wick in the juice channels with the rest sitting on top of the deck. Looking down on the coil my wick looks like a capital S, from the sides some of that "S" has some wick in the juice channels with the rest laying on the deck.

Assuming its something like this? This is the new build I just put on. Guess I'll see if I have any leaking issues after this. I used a lot more wick than I did the last time, and the coil is now 24 gauge around a 3mm bit
49c11653777cf1a233535e98c8b58c36.jpg

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
Assuming its something like this? This is the new build I just put on. Guess I'll see if I have any leaking issues after this. I used a lot more wick than I did the last time, and the coil is now 24 gauge around a 3mm bit
49c11653777cf1a233535e98c8b58c36.jpg

That looks much better! Let us know how you do but i think you'll be fine now.

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
Anyone come up with a fix for the jumping ohms on the black one? Had it working for like 5 minutes and then it hasn't been right since. For the little I tried, it was quite good.
I've never had a jumping ohms problem on any of my serpents. Check your 510 on the bottom of the serpent. It's adjustable and does have a tendency to loosen up. Remember it's reverse threaded so lefty tighty righty loosy.

dleister1981

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
Michigan USA

here is what i do, the blue being where the wick is and the black being a small gap between the very bottom and the wicking material, dont pack it in channels, nice and fluffy in there and it will wick like a monster and never leak. most people will tell you never put wick in the channels but it wont hurt this tank at all

Attachments

• ed20cf409babafd1d208e8f4dc038f8d.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

dleister1981

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
Michigan USA
I've never had a jumping ohms problem on any of my serpents. Check your 510 on the bottom of the serpent. It's adjustable and does have a tendency to loosen up. Remember it's reverse threaded so lefty tighty righty loosy.

clean the black paint out of the treads on the 510, the newer black ones dont have it, should fix it totally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread