DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
F9C30FC4-F0FF-46F2-B9E9-85AA013022DB.jpeg
Oh, and shiny mail, Wasp nano RDAs. Look how tiny! Dead rabbit for size comparison

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Speaking as a dog owner who’s had some hairy pups, if you can find a groomer who is kind, convenient, and good at what he/she does, do it. They’re worth their weight in gold.

I can and have groomed a poodle, two Poms, and Rudy the papillon. He’s not so bad because he doesn’t need trimmed really.

My poodle loved going to the groomer, partly because she was confident and fast. When I had to trim her, it took two hours. It was stressful. The groomer got her bathed, cut, bow on her head in less than an hour.

The Poms were not as intense for cutting, but bathing them was a serious chore. It takes forever to get them wet to the skin, another forever to get all the shampoo out, and they hold about 40 gallons of water each. Three beach towels and several hours to dry. It felt like I lived to brush them. My groomer had retired by then, but I bet I’d have saved $20 on water alone if I’d have had her do them. But a clean pet is a joy forever, or something like that.

All this was a big part of my decision that I’d get dogs with low maintenance coats from here on out. I could about keep Georgia clean with baby wipes.

That's how our German Shepherd is. They have an outer coat that is like hair and it just repels water, which makes it hard to penetrate their thick, soft undercoat. He makes it somewhat easier, when you ask him if he wants to take a bath he jumps in the tub. We sweep buckets and buckets of hair weekly, and that's even with constant brushes.

He is worth it though. I've owned some great dogs in my life, both big and small. He's been the best. I never owned such a smart, incredibly loyal, and a goofball like Kai. We baked 12 dozen chocolate chip cookies at Christmas time 3 years ago. Wife and I jumped in the shower and by the time we got out he ate them all. It's funny, he never got sick-- throwing up, runs, etc.. from that, but if he eats a spoonful out of the cat bowl he has the runs for days.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
@Letitia that baby looks just like our Poofie Bear (daughter named) when he was young. Is the white mark on the nose on both sides? Ours is only on one side, split right down the middle.
No little gray .... is the mirror image of yours literally.
20190417_074645-1.jpg

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
91932C8B-CAAC-4422-807A-75C1750A2D3F.jpeg
It has to kill you to let them go to there new homes, they are so adorable.

My mom raised did when I was a kid and it broke my heart to see the puppies leave. I’ve never allowed any babies to be made in my watch, because I’m nuts, and I would keep them all. I mean, this is Georgia’s baby picture. All her sisters looked just like her, except for that stripe down her face. All just too stinking cute. How could I part with something so precious? Nope. Could not do it.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
It has to kill you to let them go to there new homes, they are so adorable.
Current feine count is 9, thinking I'll get over it pretty quick. I'm very fond of the babies and all four have good personalities but I can't lie, it will be a relief to get them rehomed. If it weren't for George & Gracie I'd probably keep the gray stripe, affectionate little sweetie.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I REALLY need to stop my late night rda shopping sprees. I have boxes and boxes of them that I haven’t even tried yet.

Tip of the iceberg and LOTS more :w00t: !

52D88A59-FEC9-42C1-8BA4-EB1549FD4C79.jpeg

View attachment 809759
Speaking as a dog owner who’s had some hairy pups, if you can find a groomer who is kind, convenient, and good at what he/she does, do it. They’re worth their weight in gold.

I can and have groomed a poodle, two Poms, and Rudy the papillon. He’s not so bad because he doesn’t need trimmed really.

My poodle loved going to the groomer, partly because she was confident and fast. When I had to trim her, it took two hours. It was stressful. The groomer got her bathed, cut, bow on her head in less than an hour.

The Poms were not as intense for cutting, but bathing them was a serious chore. It takes forever to get them wet to the skin, another forever to get all the shampoo out, and they hold about 40 gallons of water each. Three beach towels and several hours to dry. It felt like I lived to brush them. My groomer had retired by then, but I bet I’d have saved $20 on water alone if I’d have had her do them. But a clean pet is a joy forever, or something like that.

All this was a big part of my decision that I’d get dogs with low maintenance coats from here on out. I could about keep Georgia clean with baby wipes.

I have a wonderful groomer I’ve been using for quite awhile. Her and her business partner have been so awesome to my pups especially as my Special Needs Rescue Benji became elderly and wobbled a lot before passing on. She was really sooo sweet with him. And my puppy mill rescues are so nervous and she calms them right down. Like your groomer I usually get them back within an 60-90 minutes.
03CDE3BA-C24B-4293-8669-9EF6D03D10BD.jpeg

Last edited:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
We don't groom him, yet. He is a young cat, less than 2 years old. The wifey and I have been discussing helping him because he is starting to get a mane and he can't get the front real good. His hair is also getting really thick in the hind area. I don't know how he finagles using the bathroom, but he does. We will probably get a groomer for cuts and do the combing/brushing ourselves. I don't know if it's true or not, but I heard that as long hair cats get older they really need help keeping their coats clean and untangled.

I love your Maine .... by the way. Their impressive looks are only surpassed by their personalities.

Look at this awesome guy.
865f358ed67cdebfb823d3073e7a7afb.jpg

images

5c2c44f16da1caf134c00bc4f9c72ea0.jpg

Wow!! That’s an intense looking cat!! It’s true they will need help as they get older or overweight and can’t reach. Gracie also has stuff get on her mane under her chin but she lets me brush there. I just can’t figure out how she got such tight mats on her chest. All she does is eat n sleep lol!

ItI dont know if this qualifies as shinyitis but guy at vape shop sold me a crown3 from the scrap heap just needed a good coil and cleaning. It was a steal for 10 bucks problem I had was the drip tip was purple, I ended up putting it on my back up drag and giving it to my wife who apparently had shinyitis today, lol she don't smoke analogs Im not sure y she wanted it but I got her some fruity juice and said don't loose it or I'll loose you lmao jk. My very first backup turned into my wife's first vape. Shows how much I love her. My face:grr: hers :wub:

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
View attachment 800745 Any other Bosch fans here? April 19, S5! Happy dance!
Dragging this post back from the past ... based on your excitement above, I decided to give Bosch a try since I started a free month trial for prime (almost a month ago) ... good solid show, all caught up and waiting for S5. Not that I'll be able to squeeze in all of S5 of Bosch and S2 & S3 of Man in the High Castle by the 22nd, so now I have to decide if I want to pay for a month or a year of prime ... hmmm, let's see, how many RDAs would a year of prime cost me? ...

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Got vapemail today - I won this ijoy shogun 180w here from ave40.com. Love the resin panels, the colours are just awesome :thumb:

Thank you @Justin_ting

shogun7.jpg

It's HUGE by my standards ;) all my RTAs looked teeny on it, except for the serpent elevate :lol: I plan to use it as a build mod, but it's almost too pretty. It's an awesome 29mm diameter width so it's a much better base than the kroma I have been using ;)

Vape wise - it fires as fast as my vaporesso omni 4 chip mod. Fire button is in a good spot, nice clear display and a very easy to use menu system. It's also pretty light, considering the size of it - 88*55*28.40mm.

This is the Aurora Blue colour.

Took a pic of it next to my teeny Colossal ;)

shogun.jpg

Hotcig centaur mini is on the Colossal - it's getting tested out for primetime ;)

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Dragging this post back from the past ... based on your excitement above, I decided to give Bosch a try since I started a free month trial for prime (almost a month ago) ... good solid show, all caught up and waiting for S5. Not that I'll be able to squeeze in all of S5 of Bosch and S2 & S3 of Man in the High Castle by the 22nd, so now I have to decide if I want to pay for a month or a year of prime ... hmmm, let's see, how many RDAs would a year of prime cost me? ...

I quit cable, and a year of amazon prime is less than a month of basic cable. And I still buy plenty of mods! There are tons of good shows on there though, aside from Bosch. I watch it every night.

But I made good use of the free 2 day shipping and get my dog food from them a lot cheaper than in a store. And I use the music app too.

Users who are viewing this thread