Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
My first computer was a Sage II, the ones Apple used to develop the Lisa. UCSD p-System OS, dual 5-1/4" floppies. 512 KB [emoji106]
Mine was an Amiga 500 back in 1990. 500K of RAM and my dream was to save up for an actual hard drive. I think it was about $1200 for a 10 Mb HD

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2019
281291CD-3197-426A-9F6A-F6AC438634A7.jpeg
3375B70B-2739-429A-9D92-AC75883BAF32.jpeg
D7E459E8-572A-4638-B681-BF4C21948E76.jpeg

Lunch time with Stevie and her friend

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Fun if you drop a box (don't ask why I know [emoji3])

Been there. Done that. :oops:

I've been thinking about SSD. How hard is it to convert to SSD and copy everything over? I see a lot of comments about using a small SSD just for the OS. Is that what you did?

SSDs should come with an install disk that offers you several options. The default is typically make the SSD the c drive for the OS and programs, and whatever you want to do with the HD already in there (unless it's a complete replacement swap, they do that too if you only say have room for one HD in something like a laptop). You just pop the new drive in, follow the few prompts, sit back and the work is done for you. I usually keep my OS, programs, and regularly used documents on the SSD. I use the HD for big files I'm not using, backup data, and old photos. Works well for me with lots of extra storage space but still super quick access to running active stuff.

Probably around $500 if you had the mail in certificate from it too.

What $1.5m worth of limited edition Apple hardware looks like

Mine was an Amiga 500 back in 1990. 500K of RAM and my dream was to save up for an actual hard drive. I think it was about $1200 for a 10 Mb HD

I hated those gold earbuds. They were too smooth and always slipped out of my ears. I think I chucked them somewhere in the back of my desk drawer.:rolleyes:

Oh, and a 10 Mb HD. Too lazy for swapping dual floppys, huh? Showoff. :D

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
give me a link :) Delores please. I think I want one of these machines

Well you asked, so here you go. But! I warn you, it’s a rabbit hole! $530 is a good price, it bounces all over this time of year. You’ll want all the ‘other people also bought’ stuff too, the thread, thread stand, 100 needle packs, USB drives, lots of stabilizers, etc. Don’t bother with the cap ring, if you want to do hats. It doesn’t even fit the hoop.

https://www.amazon.com/Brother-Embr...hine&qid=1575924964&sprefix=brother+pe&sr=8-3

It’s amazing what it can do though. I’ve only done towels and a few caps so far. But I’m going to try appliqué and there are some stuffed toys and little zipper pouches I want to try when I’m a bit more experienced. YouTube it. You can get lost for hours just seeing what it’ll make.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Well you asked, so here you go. But! I warn you, it’s a rabbit hole! $530 is a good price, it bounces all over this time of year. You’ll want all the ‘other people also bought’ stuff too, the thread, thread stand, 100 needle packs, USB drives, lots of stabilizers, etc. Don’t bother with the cap ring, if you want to do hats. It doesn’t even fit the hoop.

https://www.amazon.com/Brother-Embr...hine&qid=1575924964&sprefix=brother+pe&sr=8-3

It’s amazing what it can do though. I’ve only done towels and a few caps so far. But I’m going to try appliqué and there are some stuffed toys and little zipper pouches I want to try when I’m a bit more experienced. YouTube it. You can get lost for hours just seeing what it’ll make.

Isn't there a Brother "styled" PE800 on FT yet for $27.84?

Reactions: markfm

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
:lol::lol::lol:
I don't even know why i'm posting this here...maybe because I have no one else to share it to.
Anyway if you're feeling like a laugh, hang on to your hat...its a wild ride :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Such a drama Queen !!!

Reminded me of this:

Last edited:

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas

I'm not into embroidery, but that is one cool little machine!

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia

WHOA! Maybe I will just stick with making jewelry. The next class I want to take is $285 and it working with metals. I wonder if I can get a used one somewhere?

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
WHOA! Maybe I will just stick with making jewelry. The next class I want to take is $285 and it working with metals. I wonder if I can get a used one somewhere?

You can find some used... usually the pe770 can be had for $300-400, often with loads of extras. It’s basically the same machine, but without as good a screen. The Innovis is pretty pricey, but there are multi needle machines that go $15,000 and up.

Some of us are hobbyists, but many have a small business and make money at it. Almost all the multi needle owners started with small machines, sold enough to pay those off and put a decent deposit in the big machine. I calculated I’d could recoup my costs if I sold about 200 hand towels.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
You can find some used... usually the pe770 can be had for $300-400, often with loads of extras. It’s basically the same machine, but without as good a screen. The Innovis is pretty pricey, but there are multi needle machines that go $15,000 and up.

Some of us are hobbyists, but many have a small business and make money at it. Almost all the multi needle owners started with small machines, sold enough to pay those off and put a decent deposit in the big machine. I calculated I’d could recoup my costs if I sold about 200 hand towels.
thanks Delores!

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I see fasttech dropped the price on the SXK NarEA down to $7.64. That was one you liked, wasn't it @AngeNZ ?
    $7.64 SXK NarEA Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 316 stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Yeah the flavour on the NarEa is amazing :wub: I'm still deciding if I prefer the NarCa over the NarEa RDA. I find the NarCa easier to build on, it has a deeper well and more air. You need to take out a grub screw to stick a coil into the NarEa - but once a coil is in there, it gives you a more condensed vape, and saturated flavour.

Todd's review on the NarEa summed it up - it's a 22mm deck that produces an 18mm chambers vape and flavour :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread