Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
View attachment 731059 Just received my Cartel mech mod. And not happy. The beveled 510 connections threads are screwed up and will not screw into the top of the tube. Just called them and awaiting their reply.
Nice mod though.
Dammit. Can you get a pic of the threads? I am disappointed. I would expect more from a company charging that much for basically a piece of pipe with end caps. Original price $300! I don't see how that could get by their QC. Did it come disassembled? The 18xxx version came with the 650 assembled with 2 extra tubes for 350 and 500. Never heard of someone having a problem with them. Sorry to hear that. That's some BS.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Maybe the threads weren't cleaned up properly or the machining tool was at the end of it's life and produced some chattery crunchy threads. Pictures might be helpful but hard to do of the threads in the top of the tube.

Btw machining isn't as cheap as people think, get a quote from a machine shop for the parts of a mech mod ;)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
That Exus looks sharp. Is that the one that had temperature control issues? I was looking at it last fall and ended up with the Charon TC.
@Walee found a way to get the tc in line, can't remember what it was. TCR settings maybe. I'm content to keep mine in power mode so didn't pay much attention.Have had mine a few months and still enjoy it.

JamesDMad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2018
Indiana
Dammit. Can you get a pic of the threads? I am disappointed. I would expect more from a company charging that much for basically a piece of pipe with end caps. Original price $300! I don't see how that could get by their QC. Did it come disassembled? The 18xxx version came with the 650 assembled with 2 extra tubes for 350 and 500. Never heard of someone having a problem with them. Sorry to hear that. That's some BS.

I totally agree, upon unwrapping the package, the metal box it was in had no cellophane on it and had 3 dents on the top of the box. Opening the box all were nestled in compartmentalized foam. After looking at each first trying the beveled 510 it would start to thread, but then stop without seating maybe a 16th of an inch gap..more than i would expect, looked at the threads and did see some issues with it. However the flat 510 screwed on with no issues at all, all pieces showed signs of wear as in scratches, much more than i would expect, maybe a display case piece or a return they want to pawn off on some unexpecting purchaser. Either way, its on the way back to them.. If the next one comes in the same fashion, I will simply ask for a refund and include a small tube of KY Jelly with the POS

Last edited:

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
After contacting the company, whose customer assistance manager had the demeanor not conducive to retaining customers, received a wonderfully worded nasty gram.. albeit very eloquently stated,
much like telling someone to go to :evil: and making them anxious to get their trip underway
Oh really... i was thinking of purchasing from them. Think ill stick to $20 closeout authentics that actually work. The threads can be retapped but that isn't the point. That thing should have been FLAWLESS. Thread quality is a big selling point on high end mechanicals. Besides button assembly and materials that's really the only selling point.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
After contacting the company, whose customer assistance manager had the demeanor not conducive to retaining customers, received a wonderfully worded nasty gram.. albeit very eloquently stated,
much like telling someone to go to :evil: and making them anxious to get their trip underway
I still vote we need an frowny emoji on ratings. That :(:mad::censored:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
They’re awesome. Be sure to get a set with multiple lens levels. Ends up cheaper than going back and adding

I could definitely use them. I remember my 1st thought making my 1st coil last week was - wow they’re REALLY small lol! They look so much bigger on all those pics and videos people post!

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
I still vote we need an frowny emoji on ratings
I'd go with
DansGame.png
or
WutFace.png

In a nutshell I'm happy
200w.gif

JamesDMad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2018
Indiana
Businesses are so funny, I was in the consulting business for nearly 30 years, and I can easily say that I'm not surprised by anyones response. In discussing the replacement with this company, They said they had to wait to receive the item and inspect it before they could send another out. At which point i simply stated, If that had been done prior to shipping, we wouldn't have gone through this at all now would we..Geez

Last edited:

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
If that had been done prior to shipping, we wouldn't have gone through this at all
They seem to skimp on QC to cut cost and rely on the guy standing at the lathe to deliver 100%.
Not a good idea, the machinist thinks about boobies for 5 mins and then the parts don't come out right, happens all the time.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Ohhh that’s a great idea!!! Something else shiny to buy!!
I do better with a magnifying lamp.
I have the one that clamps to the desk with the articulating arm.
Provides good light when needed and can look thru it when building for intricate builds.

Heck found a link:
Fluorescent Magnifying Lamp

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Businesses are so funny, I was in the consulting business for nearly 30 years, and I can easily say that I'm not surprised my anyones response. In discussing the replacement with this company, They said they had to wait to receive the item and inspect it before they could send another out. At which point i simply stated, If that had been done prior to shipping, we wouldn't have gone through this at all now would we..Geez
True, but cross-shipping has its risks. For all they know, you might be one of those who would put a few rocks in a box to make weight and get a buy-one get-one deal.

• Creative
Reactions: KC0YNU

JamesDMad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2018
Indiana
They seem to skimp on QC to cut cost and rely on the guy standing at the lathe to deliver 100%.
Not a good idea, the machinist thinks about boobies for 5 mins and then the parts do
don't come out right, happens all the time.
they actually responded back and insisted all products are inspected before they are shipped.. I guess they feel they can pass that crap on others...Tired, frustrated, and without my mod.. thank goodness i have others to calm the ignorance of others in business..

JamesDMad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2018
Indiana
True, but cross-shipping has its risks. For all they know, you might be one of those who would put a few rocks in a box to make weight and get a buy-one get-one deal.
and you may be correct in that thought process, however, the businesses that exceed expectations and wow the customer with exemplary service in rectifying an issue are the winners.. Customers are "Completely Satisfied" if they just don't get screwed anymore, especially in the business of shipping items.

Users who are viewing this thread