Hey guys!
I'm back and my shinyitis ....ing whooped my ..., 400$ spent in the last 2 weeks on mods and what not, got me a Pulse BF 80W box (already upgraded firmware to make it 90W) and a pulse X tank with cotton bacon prime, fused Clapton coils (can't remember the exact materials, its the GM fused Clapton small from dashvapes) I also picked up a species kit for a spare...
sorry for my vulgar choice of words, I felt that was necessary, I will very carefully watch my choice of words this time around since I have been given a seconds chance, I really appreciate it

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Hey guys!
I'm back and my shinyitis ....ing whooped my ..., 400$ spent in the last 2 weeks on mods and what not, got me a Pulse BF 80W box (already upgraded firmware to make it 90W) and a pulse X tank with cotton bacon prime, fused Clapton coils (can't remember the exact materials, its the GM fused Clapton small from dashvapes) I also picked up a species kit for a spare...

You should consider buying a spool ($10-12) and wrapping your own coils. Depending on the RDA, you may want to change the ID or number of wraps of the coil.

NI80: Geekvape N80 Fused Clapton Wire | AceVaper
SS316 (for TC): Geekvape SS316L Stagger and Fused Clapton Wire | AceVaper

I mention this because dual coils on a single battery mod will work with a 2X700, but 90W still isn't a lot to work with and it eats batteries. If you want to vape low resistance, you are better off hitting that resistance by reducing mass rather than increasing wire gauge. This lets you get a hot thick vape at lower voltages. Premade coils, in my experience, are usually very beefy.

No worries. Auto language takes care of the periods for you. Sometimes it's fun seeing it decide something is on the bad list when it's really not.
well at least one of the words needed the autocorrect XD so yeah you guys were the ones that pushed me to RDA, THANK YOU SO MUUUUUUUCH SMOOOTHEST HIT EVER, I always had the problem of my first couple of pulls in the morning being harsh, NOT ANYMORE! I AM IN LOVE WITH MY RDA

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
I just ordered a Lostvape Paranormal Dna75c, I've promised myself that I'll alternate between the Legend and this new one until one of them dies without purchasing another mod. Come on will power! RDA's and RTA'S are another story :yawn:

That's exactly what I told myself...…. something like 7 mods ago.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
View attachment 775161 Easily and hilariously the crappiest mod I’ve ever purchased.
DP28.jpg

Reactions: Tralfaz

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
You should consider buying a spool ($10-12) and wrapping your own coils. Depending on the RDA, you may want to change the ID or number of wraps of the coil.

NI80: Geekvape N80 Fused Clapton Wire | AceVaper
SS316 (for TC): Geekvape SS316L Stagger and Fused Clapton Wire | AceVaper

I mention this because dual coils on a single battery mod will work with a 2X700, but 90W still isn't a lot to work with and it eats batteries. If you want to vape low resistance, you are better off hitting that resistance by reducing mass rather than increasing wire gauge. This lets you get a hot thick vape at lower voltages. Premade coils, in my experience, are usually very beefy.
I used to use the GeekVape 28×3/36. Good wire.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
Hey guys!
Check out AVS. They only do SS but that is all I have been using anymore. Great quality, USA made (Denver, CO) and fast shipping. I agree about wrapping your own coils. It gives you more control to dial things in exactly the way you want, plus it is a lot of fun. I use these for different applications. The Quad core is really only good for single coils though.
20181022_051145.jpg

Products <<<<<link

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
I used to use the GeekVape 28×3/36. Good wire.

I bought 6 spools of the GeekVape 28x3/36 in the last 6 months of so and went through 1.5 - it's so useful. You can use it in single coil builds and dual coil builds.

Only problem I have with AVS, and I suspect lotodem will have the same, is that we're in Canada. Here are our shipping options from AVS:

USPS First Class Package International
7 to 21 business days$ 9.98

USPS Priority Mail International
6 to 10 business days$ 37.41

UpNorth

Sep 3, 2018
Tundra, Minnesota
Another frosty frozen morning up here in the Tundra. Had snow 5 times already and NO FALL at all. Such a strange year. Anyway, got a bunch of stuff arriving this week from MyVpro and Fasttech. Geek Vape Alphas, a Digiflavor Drop in gun metal for the topside, Coils, Black freemax mesh pro tank, cotton and mesh wire. Today I am going to venture into my first couple of DIY ejuice batches which may be interesting.

UpNorth

Sep 3, 2018
Tundra, Minnesota
I bought 6 spools of the GeekVape 28x3/36 in the last 6 months of so and went through 1.5 - it's so useful. You can use it in single coil builds and dual coil builds.

Only problem I have with AVS, and I suspect lotodem will have the same, is that we're in Canada. Here are our shipping options from AVS:

Yeah it's a bummer to ship anything to Canada from the USA, I still do quite a bit of it but its expensive. With the First class International you can ship up to 4lbs in a shipment. So if you do place orders keep the weight right around that mark. If you go over by an ounce it goes priority.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Yeah it's a bummer to ship anything to Canada from the USA, I still do quite a bit of it but its expensive. With the First class International you can ship up to 4lbs in a shipment. So if you do place orders keep the weight right around that mark. If you go over by an ounce it goes priority.

I find it's easy to work with a small guy running a business out of his garage or private seller because they're sensitive to those things.

When it comes to bigger companies though, it seems like they rely solely on shopify or whatever else they run to calculate nonsensical shipping.

Not always the case though, I have to shout out VapeSix | Online Vape Shop: Vape Hardware Devices, E-Liquids, and More - My plug was ~$120 USD off regular price and they charged less than $15 to ship it USPS. In total I paid 183 CAD. A USED/SECOND HAND plug costs roughly 200 CAD if you can find one, and you have to go down the private facebook group rabbit hole.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas

Eek! That's too bad. It's not worth that. It's crazy how expensive shipping is to and from Canada! I ended up getting something while I was there. Something I will probably never need. 6×30/36 FC.
IMG_1392_a0f1e8b6-f12a-42d9-be34-e55e494d10ce_1000x.JPG

I know it's ridiculous but I couldn't resist:D
Edit: the Geekvape FC is great wire. The only reason I switched is metal allergies.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Holla shinies I am up here. This week has lasted longer than many years I have been through. LOL.

Shiny purchases, not vape related (a new air mattress since the one the husband brought up leaks. Typical Anna carried it lumberjack style up my new stairs which are high and those floating concrete things I hate them. Halfway up my vertigo kicked in and well like so did the wind, and I was like "I am going to die, right here, right now." Took all my mindfulness and body awareness to just keep going but 3 steps from the landing I just HURLED it from me and collapsed, on the stairs. It was one of those "you have committed" scary rope ladder over a canyon situation, seriously. No way to go back. Also glad I got a toaster and I wish I'd gotten a microwave when I discovered the oven was broken. I had a very carbohydrate dinner and I need to put in a work order somehow. It may just not be plugged in but I was NOT going to investigate.

The water here tastes like death, glad I got some "Goodvalue purified stuff for my coffee.. Sigh. It is what it is what it is.

Things will improve as I settle in, I am quite sure.

I bought a bunch of other basic needs I might buy a microwave tonight seriously because most of my dinner entrees can be microwaved and it is easier, for reals. I am not into 5 star cooking ATM let me put it this way. More like calories in, calories out.

Anna

UpNorth

Sep 3, 2018
Tundra, Minnesota
Yes we tend to care a lot more about our customers. The shipping problem isn't necessarily the fault of the company. Since the Dimensional weight equation came into effect by UPS and FEDEX it's left us online sellers with no way to accurately ship products without having $10,000+++ bin picking software. Most of the ecommerce website software providers have not fixed the issue. Since UPS and USPS and FEDEX all use a different calculation it's impossible to calculate shipping costs for a multi item purchase. We are forced at the product level to choose only 1 weight field. It doesn't affect the vape industry as 99% of the things sold are small. But I ship large bulky almost no weight items and my shipping costs to my customers has increased over 400% since that dimensional equation went into effect. This is why you see most companies now trying to offer free shipping and increasing the cost of the product to offset the losses. Amazon gets a Massive huge discount on shipping, I as a small business get 8% of retail rates if I'm lucky. So short Story shipping is a nightmare, overseas shipping or international shipping is almost impossible, if over 4lbs or size box larger than 12"x12"x12".

Last edited:

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Holla shinies I am up here. This week has lasted longer than many years I have been through. LOL.

Shiny purchases, not vape related (a new air mattress since the one the husband brought up leaks. Typical Anna carried it lumberjack style up my new stairs which are high and those floating concrete things I hate them. Halfway up my vertigo kicked in and well like so did the wind, and I was like "I am going to die, right here, right now." Took all my mindfulness and body awareness to just keep going but 3 steps from the landing I just HURLED it from me and collapsed, on the stairs. It was one of those "you have committed" scary rope ladder over a canyon situation, seriously. No way to go back. Also glad I got a toaster and I wish I'd gotten a microwave when I discovered the oven was broken. I had a very carbohydrate dinner and I need to put in a work order somehow. It may just not be plugged in but I was NOT going to investigate.

The water here tastes like death, glad I got some "Goodvalue purified stuff for my coffee.. Sigh. It is what it is what it is.

Things will improve as I settle in, I am quite sure.

I bought a bunch of other basic needs I might buy a microwave tonight seriously because most of my dinner entrees can be microwaved and it is easier, for reals. I am not into 5 star cooking ATM let me put it this way. More like calories in, calories out.

Anna

Have you considered one of those one pot things? Pressure cooker/fryer/rice cooker/slow cooker. I hear it's decent at all of it's functions, but the rice cooker leaves a bit to be desired.

A cheap electric grill, george foreman style, is great for proteins too.

For ~150 CAD i'm guessing, roughly 110 USD maybe? You could have a functional mini kitchen without taking up much space.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Eek! That's too bad. It's not worth that. It's crazy how expensive shipping is to and from Canada! I ended up getting something while I was there. Something I will probably never need. 6×30/36 FC.
View attachment 775175
I know it's ridiculous but I couldn't resist:D
Edit: the Geekvape FC is great wire. The only reason I switched is metal allergies.
Knew you'd have to buy the hex wire.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread