Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
The 2 things where the arrow points. You raise them up to close the flow off for thinner juice. Most people have them wide open, which is how it comes by default. If you haven't adjust them, taking them out won't do anything to increase or decrease the flow (maybe a slight increase).

Notice in my photo that they are removed. If you position the Xeta this way with them in, you will probably scratch your glass.

screws.jpg
WoW I didn't know that...thanks mate :thumbs:

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Well its official. 3F is sticking to their guns. They won't budge on replacing the Hippo. Said I waited to long. While I respect their company timing policy, i'm also a bit sad as i've bought a LOT of stuff there for 4yrs now, and its the first time I really asked to be helped out. Out of principle I won't buy there anymore. Its just me...won't enjoy the experience anymore.
Also thanks again @Pigs for helping me. Also my apologies for cracking a joke at you in a silly way earlier. I read through it again and realised I said it all wrong (I have the habit of saying the right thing, but using the wrong words). Hope you knew it was well intended though...;)

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I am relatively new to Billet Box, but I had someone show me a trick that you are welcome to try. This method with the Xeta wicks well and you get way more juice before filling. Take the juice flow screws out (if you don't, you'll scratch the glass) and cut cotton about a mm from the edge and install it like this. I haven't had any leaking with 70/30 juice and I go longer before refills now.

Interesting @BamaChris . So are you saying the juice flow port facing the boro glass in your photo has to create a seal between barrel and glass?

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Well its official. 3F is sticking to their guns. They won't budge on replacing the Hippo. Said I waited to long. While I respect their company timing policy, i'm also a bit sad as i've bought a LOT of stuff there for 4yrs now, and its the first time I really asked to be helped out. Out of principle I won't buy there anymore. Its just me...won't enjoy the experience anymore.
Also thanks again @Pigs for helping me. Also my apologies for cracking a joke at you in a silly way earlier. I read through it again and realised I said it all wrong (I have the habit of saying the right thing, but using the wrong words). Hope you knew it was well intended though...;)
Mate mate mate!!! I love a joke cracked at my expense! No way apologies needed. By the way that sucks about 3F. I agree - even if the deals are good in future you have to draw a line somewhere. Otherwise companies like that think they can get away with anything. Important to let them know in an email if you haven't already

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Mate mate mate!!! I love a joke cracked at my expense! No way apologies needed. By the way that sucks about 3F. I agree - even if the deals are good in future you have to draw a line somewhere. Otherwise companies like that think they can get away with anything. Important to let them know in an email if you haven't already
Yeah I did. Told them I understand but also felt let down. Told them $10 is like a take it or leave.
Told them I learnt my lesson about mods designed in China to...!

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    One package delivered and according 17track I have another package going backwardso_O
    A recent update for my Stabwoodmods.uk order:D
    image.jpeg

Phil from Stabwoodmods is on the case for me so my Shiny wood shall be headed back this way in no time;)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Okay so I thought everyone would just think I was having one of my disappearing acts and didn't realize anyone would be worried about me so I wasn't worried about coming online.

But I'm fine.

I was in a lot of pain with my back so I wasn't online for a few days and was just pushing through the pain. Then one day I was walking and lost feeling in my legs, collapsed of course, then went to the hospital via ambulance for tests etc to figure out basically what was going on.

I'm just waiting for an appointment with the neurosurgeon atm, and am home etc.

My son is here, more permanent like, to help out... (yea for lawn care! Hahaha) he really has moved back home and is staying on long term..

So all is well. This was always going to happen so it's just another bump in the road. No big deal either way.

With my son being here he and I have been talking a lot and I just hadn't thought of coming online, so I'm sorry if anyone was worried.

I haven't died or anything, I'm doing fine. Just can't exactly walk or get out of bed much... not that that's anything new. Haha

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    The 2 things where the arrow points. You raise them up to close the flow off for thinner juice. Most people have them wide open, which is how it comes by default. If you haven't adjust them, taking them out won't do anything to increase or decrease the flow (maybe a slight increase).

Notice in my photo that they are removed. If you position the Xeta this way with them in, you will probably scratch your glass.

screws.jpg

This is great. I have a Xeta in the mail so I'm interested in anything I can find out about it.

On this one, I can't actually see the wick in the picture. Is it cut off flush with the opening in the outer part?

Interesting @BamaChris . So are you saying the juice flow port facing the boro glass in your photo has to create a seal between barrel and glass?
    You know how you get that weird thing where the juice almost looks like a upside-down V in the tank when you get low? There's still a ml or more juice but you need to refill then? This makes it where that doesn't happen. I will try to get a photo of both methods needing to be filled soon.

This is great. I have a Xeta in the mail so I'm interested in anything I can find out about it.

On this one, I can't actually see the wick in the picture. Is it cut off flush with the opening in the outer part?
    It's cut almost flush, then I take a point and kind of spread it and lightly push it flush (mostly downward direction)

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    You know how you get that weird thing where the juice almost looks like a upside-down V in the tank when you get low? There's still a ml or more juice but you need to refill then? This makes it where that doesn't happen. I will try to get a photo of both methods needing to be filled soon.

It's cut almost flush, then I take a point and kind of spread it and lightly push it flush (mostly downward direction)
    Thank you for the pictures! I haven’t nailed the xeta. It’s either awesome or a leaky mess. Rayon seems better than cotton. I need to mix up some base with a higher vg, but until I finish up this litre, I’m around 60/40.

Thank you for the pictures! I haven’t nailed the xeta. It’s either awesome or a leaky mess. Rayon seems better than cotton. I need to mix up some base with a higher vg, but until I finish up this litre, I’m around 60/40.
    IMO, if you are vaping 60/40, the method I am talking about probably won't work. In fact, with thinner juice, you might need to raise those screws up some to limit the juice flow a tad.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    Before you give up, there is always another option ... turn around and stick them. If your situation was mine this is what I would do.

Buy another Hippo from them. When you get it put in a claim that it is DOA. Send your broken one back. Then they will replace it. That way you end up with <hopefully> two functional Hippo's. I see that as totally fair play. Just a thought. :D

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana

Thanks. The only other pic I've seen of it had the wicks coming way out of the holes, almost to the sides of the tank.

Users who are viewing this thread