Should I go for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheoGR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
Heraklion, Greece
Yeah, another "should I buy it" thread... Yeah I know you are getting tired of them. Yeah I know that you are not gonna be impartial.
But I can't decide so I want you to decide for me!

I know a guy who owns a provari mini v2.5 and he is selling it for 130 euros (the new one is 200 euros here) , or around $178 after 1 month of use. He sent me pictures, it's like new.
However I recently got an MVP v2 and right now I can't think how can my vaping experienced improve.
I can afford it but I need to know that it's an upgrade from the MVP and I am vaping at 9,10 wats all the time (which provaris don't have).

What do you think I should do?
Thank you:vapor:

freeatlast!

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2013
Kansas, USA
kestra.zenfolio.com
Yeah, another "should I buy it" thread... Yeah I know you are getting tired of them. Yeah I know that you are not gonna be impartial.

I know a guy who owns a provari mini v2.5 and he is selling it for 130 euros (the new one is 200 euros here) , or around $178 after 1 month of use. He sent me pictures, it's like new.
However I recently got an MVP v2 and right now I can't think how can my vaping experienced improve.
I can afford it but I need to know that it's an upgrade from the MVP and I am vaping at 9,10 wats all the time (which provaris don't have).

The MVP 2 is ultimately disposable, is it not? You need a backup!! If you already have a backup, fine, but you really can't go wrong with a ProVari. If money's no problem, definitely go for it! If for whatever reason, you end up not wanting it, you can resell it easily.

TheoGR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
Heraklion, Greece
Walking into the ProVari forum and asking if you should buy one is like walking into a Baptist Revival tent and asking, "Should I repent and accept Jesus as my Savior?" :)

Go for it. I am sure you will love it!

Of course, I am asking people who own the product and can tell me their opinion! Who should I ask, strangers who don't know how a provari performs? :D

The only problem I can think about is that I forgot I don't have any batteries or charger which means I will be throwing more money that I expected... Anyway I'll think about it.

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
Personally, I've never fully understood why people buy used or even blemished Provari's. If I were in your shoes, I'd use that MVP 2 for a few months and save up the money for a brand new Provari from Provape.com itself. By doing this you get the warranty provided and you get a bit of life out of your MVP 2. During this period of time you can do more research on the Provari and even other devices if they appeal to you, that way you feel confident behind your purchase and don't waste the one you just recently made.

I'm all for Provari's and I'd recommend them fully to absolutely anyone that is into vaping, but buying one used and not having that year warranty when you could spend a few extra dollars that you save over time seems like a silly option to me. The MVP 2 is a great device, in fact I'd confidently say that it's one of the best "disposable" devices on the market right now. You're going to be satisfied with it and you're going to get your nicotine intake when vaping it, but in the long run if you want confidence behind your product's life as well as never ending support behind a trusted and respected company, then the Provari should definitely be in your future.

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
Well the warranty is still valid, he bought it a month ago.
I could buy it from pro vape but I would have to pay extra at customs since I live in Greece...

As far as the MVP comment I agree, but I could just give it to my brother who has an ego battery and wants an upgrade...

In that case, by all means go with the deal! You'll definitely enjoy the Provari and your brother will love the MVP 2 as an upgrade.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Personally, I've never fully understood why people buy used or even blemished Provari's. If I were in your shoes, I'd use that MVP 2 for a few months and save up the money for a brand new Provari from Provape.com itself. By doing this you get the warranty provided and you get a bit of life out of your MVP 2. During this period of time you can do more research on the Provari and even other devices if they appeal to you, that way you feel confident behind your purchase and don't waste the one you just recently made.

I'm all for Provari's and I'd recommend them fully to absolutely anyone that is into vaping, but buying one used and not having that year warranty when you could spend a few extra dollars that you save over time seems like a silly option to me. The MVP 2 is a great device, in fact I'd confidently say that it's one of the best "disposable" devices on the market right now. You're going to be satisfied with it and you're going to get your nicotine intake when vaping it, but in the long run if you want confidence behind your product's life as well as never ending support behind a trusted and respected company, then the Provari should definitely be in your future.

1st one I got was a blem. It was what I could afford at the time. The 1yr warranty is now up on it, never used the warranty. And I never found the blem. 2nd one, I paid full price for, and got a 2yr warranty, which has a year left on it.. Again, never used the warranty. 3rd one I got from the classifieds. Never had an issue with it. I got a good deal on that one, as I got a bunch of accessories I wanted, too.

My point is, at least for me, the warranty is pretty much not needed. If I have a problem I can still get it fixed by ProVape. I just have to pay the fee. Now, the classies make sense, since several colors have be discontinued. So, if you want one in that color, it's the only way you will get it.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL

Since it is more expensive for you to get if from the US, I would just go for it.

inanitydefined

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
On a rock floating through space
if you want it get it. If you really want a provari you'll end up with one eventually. And if its not your scene, you can sell it for most all what you have in it, especially if you're getting a good deal (doesn't sound all that good to me, but they are a lot easier to get on this continent than in Greece).

the provari is a great device rock solid, and reliable. I would still have mine if I wasn't so vain, though it doesn't really do the power level I like these days

Last edited:

shellro07

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2013
Colorado, USA
I have both and really debated on getting a Provari. I really do like the MVP2. A lot. But I knew I would eventually throw it away when it died leaving me wondering if I should buy another MVP2 or a Provari. I ended up getting a Provari due to it's excellent build and exceptional quality, knowing that if something isn't working on it I can send it in for a nominal fee...........for as long as I have it. I don't even mind not having VW either since its performance is topnotch in my book. I love my Provari. It exceeded my expectations and then some! I don't think you would be disappointed. Either way, good luck! :)

LokeDogg00

Nov 9, 2012
Cle Elum WA
ProVari is an amazing device. Spendy but it is the best constructed device I have ever seen. I dont know why the China mods always seem to be such thin metal. One fall and they snap. Anyways, You cant lose with the ProVari once you hold one in your hands you will realize how nice it really is. I got mine a few weeks ago and I still inspect it and stare at it all the time because it is made so nice and just looks all around like a cool device

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
Yeh... i'd go for that provari too.

I have both mods (and then some)... and i think both are really great.
But the provari is my favorite... no doubt.

What does the provari have that the mvp hasn't?
Well... the vape is pretty much the same if you don't
need the extra four watts from the vari.

So, for me it is down to the superior build quality of the
vari, which makes for a much greater durability and -for me even more important-
a sublime feel of the device.
It sounds kinda stupid... But just having it in your hands or pressing the button
is a true joy. I certainly didn't get the vari-thing before i held one in my hands.

So: I'd recommend to have a closer look at a vari, play around with it for a while, before you
take the plunge. This way you find out for sure, whether it's the right choice.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
Yeh... i'd go for that provari too.

I have both mods (and then some)... and i think both are really great.
But the provari is my favorite... no doubt.

What does the provari have that the mvp hasn't?
Well... the vape is pretty much the same if you don't
need the extra four watts from the vari.

So, for me it is down to the superior build quality of the
vari, which makes for a much greater durability and -for me even more important-
a sublime feel of the device.
It sounds kinda stupid... But just having it in your hands or pressing the button
is a true joy. I certainly didn't get the vari-thing before i held one in my hands.

So: I'd recommend to have a closer look at a vari, play around with it for a while, before you
take the plunge. This way you find out for sure, whether it's the right choice.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Master is wise.. We still use our MVP2 "outs and abouts" because the ProVari is my precious. I don't fear that something will happen to my precious. Only the fire of Mount Doom will destroy it. But I do feel that some nasty hobbitses might tricksies us or we mights lose its.

So my precious stays ats home when wees are safe and my MVP's are for when wees goes out amongst the nasty hobbitses since we can replaces them easily and cheaply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread