Smok Nord

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Everyone I talk to likes this for DL. I also like the occasional DL. So the question is.....this thing going to be around awhile? I hate the idea of having the spend a ton of money stocking up on coils that might not be around in 6 months.
pods prices seem to drop a lot faster than normal mod, in my country nord is outdated and selling for usd 15-17 kit but coil prices remain (usd 9-10 for a pack of 5).

Reactions: pahick

proax9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Pomona, NY
Slight leak seems to have developed with (at least two) pods.
I started noticing very minor wetness at the bottom of the chamber where the pod sits. Now (a week later) I am seeing the equivalent of 1-2 drops of juice there when I go to refill. Couldn't figure out where it was coming from.
Just now I noticed if I press on the black mouthpiece, I see juice oozing from where the black mouthpiece joins the clear tank. This is on 2 pods, about 3 weeks old.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Slight leak seems to have developed with (at least two) pods.
I started noticing very minor wetness at the bottom of the chamber where the pod sits. Now (a week later) I am seeing the equivalent of 1-2 drops of juice there when I go to refill. Couldn't figure out where it was coming from.
Just now I noticed if I press on the black mouthpiece, I see juice oozing from where the black mouthpiece joins the clear tank. This is on 2 pods, about 3 weeks old.

either from top or bottom :) refill area seem secure and no leak ...

Reactions: LaZeR

proax9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Pomona, NY
I checked the fill port area first, thinking that was it. Also checked to be sure coil was still fully inserted. There is definitely leakage from where the black mouthpiece attaches to the clear tank portion of the pod. I am wondering if it is from numerous *pulling on the pod* to remove it for refilling. (The pods are VERY tight on this Nord. Takes a lot to remove the pod to refill)

* OK, OK, keep it on topic everyone!

• Creative

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
I checked the fill port area first, thinking that was it. Also checked to be sure coil was still fully inserted. There is definitely leakage from where the black mouthpiece attaches to the clear tank portion of the pod. I am wondering if it is from numerous *pulling on the pod* to remove it for refilling. (The pods are VERY tight on this Nord. Takes a lot to remove the pod to refill)

* OK, OK, keep it on topic everyone!
in my country, some of nord user remove that top part (black mouth piece) to prevent overflow that cause leak ....
54512135_586841971724878_7637162612563639400_n.jpg

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I have noticed something with basically all coil cartridge devices: the coil that comes in the box is always much better and long lasting than those available as replacements. I do not know exactly why this seems to be true, but I would advise not judging coil quality by what comes in the box. The replacements are the ones you will be mostly using.
Especially smok

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
this is the easiest way i found. Used a small gas torch even. Works like a charm.

Thanks a bunch, @ArminF

P.S. I was laughing at the comment some user made about how since the title is in English the video should be, too. I didn't understand a word said, but just watching showed exactly what to do.....I have no idea why anyone would need more than that. ;)

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Why would you want to remove the black tip?
Condensation which may cause some leakage to the contacts.

BUt here is another interesting take on it----which did not work for me. w/out making contacct with the contacts, the light doesn't go on. If I try this, there is now power to the pod at all. I tried about 10x

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread