Not open for further replies.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Just a bit of recent history. Hubs has a very rare liver(bile duct)cancer. Irremovable and incurable. Needless to say I am under a great deal of stress. Since I've been vaping for 8 years I no longer even consider a cigarette and for that I'm grateful. Hubs vapes also. He started shortly after me and after his triple heart bypass. The upside to that is the chemo has shrunk the huge tumor a great deal.

tgs3

ECF Veteran
    Aug 3, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    "Hopeful64, post: 20957037, member: 329889"]I haven't quit smoking just yet cause that makes me too scared. I'm just not having a cigarette right now."

That is pretty much my attitude. I am going to see how long I can go without smoking. Right now, that is 41 days. No reason to raise people's expectations other than on ecf

Skwij

ECF Veteran
    Sep 4, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Just a bit of recent history. Hubs has a very rare liver(bile duct)cancer. Irremovable and incurable. Needless to say I am under a great deal of stress. Since I've been vaping for 8 years I no longer even consider a cigarette and for that I'm grateful. Hubs vapes also. He started shortly after me and after his triple heart bypass. The upside to that is the chemo has shrunk the huge tumor a great deal.
    Dang, sorry to read this. I do hope that there are at least some treatment options.
    Cancer truly does suck.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Dang, sorry to read this. I do hope that there are at least some treatment options.
    Cancer truly does suck.
    Hubs is almost done with his chemo sessions and the tumor has shrunk to a quarter of it's size. His Dr told him that after he's done there will probably be maintenance chemo sessions to hold it at bay for as long as possible.

Hopeful64

ECF Veteran
    Apr 21, 2018
    Hubs is almost done with his chemo sessions and the tumor has shrunk to a quarter of it's size. His Dr told him that after he's done there will probably be maintenance chemo sessions to hold it at bay for as long as possible.
    I am so sorry to hear this @FranC . @Skwij is so right. Cancer really sucks. But this report does sound more positive. Crossing fingers and toes for you and hubs. Hang in there dear friend. Big (hug)

Possum64

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2017
    Brisbane, Australia
    Needless to say I am under a great deal of stress.
    You two are such an inspiration! I don't know that I could have kicked the cigs going through as much stress as you have.

We love the fact that you still come around even though you've won your battle with cigarettes.
    I have won my battle with cigs, but I have done it by doing what works for me. The security of knowing I give myself permission to have a cigarette IF I want one, strangely makes me want one LESS. It did take many months to get to this stage though!

I love this thread and the people here :wub:. Thank you all for the encouragement and for sharing your stories. It is a wonderful help.

Possum64

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2017
    Brisbane, Australia
    Would you believe that I have a brand "new" sealed 8 year old pkg of cigarettes. I've lost track of it but I know it's kicking around here somewhere.
    That is hilarious! Bet they would be 'tasty' by now! :lol:

Thayamax

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 7, 2013
    Southeast Michigan
    All of you make for a great family. We're all different in how we live, how much stress we're under and how we deal with it. And yet we have something major in common...how we manage to get to vaping and leave those cigs behind. No two people do it the same but most of us manage to get there in the end.

@tgs3 I love the saying you posted. It's perfect!

@FranC I feel so bad about your husband and what you're going through. That has to be some serious stress. @FL Lori didn't you go through the same thing about 4 or 5 years ago?

And the rest of you just continue to be as nice as you already are. And remember tomorrow is another day to start over or to continue a successful journey of vaping.

Hopeful64

ECF Veteran
    Apr 21, 2018
    Hi guys and gals! I just wanted to share a couple of thoughts with you tonight. Today, I think I really realized that I was becoming a vaporer. That I was now a vaporer who allows herself less than half of what I was smoking for years.

I also realized that I was in complete denial about how much I smoked. When I joined here, I claimed to smoke two packs a day but I am fully convinced that I easily smoked 3 packs on many days. My wallet has more money now. I know I was spending $600.00 a month on this habit and addiction. Most mornings I get up between 6-8 and I was always opening my second pack after lunch. I really believe I was smoking 40 (for sure) and probably 10-15 more after that on many, many days. So 17-20 cigarettes to me right now as I vape a lot during the day is like I have finally become a 'light' smoker! Lol Does this make sense?

Another thing I noticed today was that I was vaping and smoking at the same time again. I would have a real one going but I was also reaching for my vape at the same time!! Lol And I couldn't wait to finish the paper cigarette so I could have my tasty juice again. Wow. Could this be happening to me? So today was pretty good. (still under a pack tonight)

I am leaving tomorrow to go to my trailer for a week. And I am only taking 7 packs of cigarettes with me. Most of the time, when I went away for a week I would pack 2 cartons!! So please, wish me luck!!

I will be reading the site while I am on vacation but I may only be able to make small comments to let you know I am still with you. I am the slowest, 2 finger typer in the world. Lol (It just took me 1/2 hour to write this out and correct all my mistakes....sooooo, it's even worse on my little phone!! Lol But I will be reading every night to get my encouragement from anyone who feels like writing.

Thank you again....for everything. Love and (hugs) to you all!

Last edited:

Thayamax

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 7, 2013
    Southeast Michigan
    Hi, Donna, here's hoping you have a nice relaxing and stress free vacation. :2cool: The fact that you're beginning to enjoy the taste of your vape more than a cigarette is a huge milestone for you. Added to the fact that you've actually cut back more than you thought should make you proud of how you've been doing since you started vaping. :thumbs:

It's very brave of you to only take 7 packs of smokes for a whole week. You must be feeling confident and I'm right there with you. Actually, I've got a feeling you may be bringing a few of those cigs back home with you. :vapor:
    ((Hugs)) for you and all our friends here. :banana:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread