Status
Not open for further replies.

Topdogie01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Illinois, United States
kittyn, you said you changed phones from an iphone to a samsung recently, and now your mobile internet is not working. did you buy/swap at your cell providers store or borrow a friends/ buy a unlocked one? if it came from the provider with non working mobile internet i would march (actually walk, but i have long legs so it seems like marching to shorter people) back in there to get them to fix it. if you are using a friends, or an unlocked phone was it originally for your provider? it might just need its APN (cellular Access Point Name) updated to reflect the carrier so you get internet.

girlfriend is using my phone while we figure out what to do with her broken one.. i cant justify paying to repair hers when i can buy a decent gently used one for 2/3'rds of the cost, but i keep getting either scammers, or people who do not know what they are selling. last two were obvious clones. one before that had water damage to the motherboard rendering it useless (i probably could have swapped the parts to make it work, but i bought the phone as they said it worked). im rambling. since she is using my phone, i made her a new profile (think user account on the computer, i have my apps and data in my profile, she has hers in her seperate profile). her profile did not copy my APN settings, so she defaulted to only having picture messaging enabled. since my Menu button doesnt work, i could not click the button to add another apn for mobile internet, and couldnt get the picture messaging one to edit properly. spent most of the day working on it. finally got it working right at 8pm. stupid non working button. had to make a crude app to give me a virtual menu button to use.

edit: Lox, why does your signature line say it was deleted by you, then saying you are just mean? maybe jazz has messed with it?

kittyn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2011
Indiana, US
Hey top!

I got it figured out. My 'provider' is straighttalk, so i actually switched from an AT&T iPhone to an AT&T Galaxy s4. Anything that takes a SIM card winds up working, basically. Evidently I just had to manually add the profile thingy for StraightTalk in the mobile data settings is all. I didnt have to do that with my last couple phones, when I switched the SIM and did the activation process it did it for me, but didnt on the Galaxy. No biggie, just had to call and find out what to type into a million little boxes :)

kittyn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2011
Indiana, US
Think of it as a cocktail.
You have rum and vodka both 80 proof.
You add 2 shots of rum and 1 shot of vodka. You still have your 80 proof alcohol but both are diluted by the other. If that makes sense.

That's my understanding, basically. If I take 12mg WTA liquid, its 12mg, with roughly 5% being the 'other' alkaloids, if I then add that 12mg WTA to an equal amount of 12mg straight nic, it would still be 12mg liquid, with ~2.5% of that being 'other' alkaloids.

I think. thats how my brain is understanding it anyway :D

Last edited:

Topdogie01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Illinois, United States
Hey top!

I got it figured out. My 'provider' is straighttalk, so i actually switched from an AT&T iPhone to an AT&T Galaxy s4. Anything that takes a SIM card winds up working, basically. Evidently I just had to manually add the profile thingy for StraightTalk in the mobile data settings is all. I didnt have to do that with my last couple phones, when I switched the SIM and did the activation process it did it for me, but didnt on the Galaxy. No biggie, just had to call and find out what to type into a million little boxes :)

Yep, thats what I fugured the problem was. Girlfriend dad used to swap prepaid carriers (meaning he has 9 numbers under his name.) Every few months for the best deal. Trying to edit/add that profile was a pain pre-smartphone era. He used a Motorola razr v1 the original flip phone until it died in a car crash

JJ1977

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
images.jpg
good morning and i hope all is well for everyone,
well ive expanded my mixing methods after buying 1 i made a few of them after opening this 1 up to see how its done
817oPqsGLIL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

etherealink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2013
Junction, IL
Hey top!

Kittyn, there's an app for that. Straighttalk data settings

etherealink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2013
Junction, IL
kittyn, you said you changed phones from an iphone to a samsung recently, and now your mobile internet is not working. did you buy/swap at your cell providers store or borrow a friends/ buy a unlocked one? if it came from the provider with non working mobile internet i would march (actually walk, but i have long legs so it seems like marching to shorter people) back in there to get them to fix it. if you are using a friends, or an unlocked phone was it originally for your provider? it might just need its APN (cellular Access Point Name) updated to reflect the carrier so you get internet.

girlfriend is using my phone while we figure out what to do with her broken one.. i cant justify paying to repair hers when i can buy a decent gently used one for 2/3'rds of the cost, but i keep getting either scammers, or people who do not know what they are selling. last two were obvious clones. one before that had water damage to the motherboard rendering it useless (i probably could have swapped the parts to make it work, but i bought the phone as they said it worked). im rambling. since she is using my phone, i made her a new profile (think user account on the computer, i have my apps and data in my profile, she has hers in her seperate profile). her profile did not copy my APN settings, so she defaulted to only having picture messaging enabled. since my Menu button doesnt work, i could not click the button to add another apn for mobile internet, and couldnt get the picture messaging one to edit properly. spent most of the day working on it. finally got it working right at 8pm. stupid non working button. had to make a crude app to give me a virtual menu button to use.

edit: Lox, why does your signature line say it was deleted by you, then saying you are just mean? maybe jazz has messed with it?
Top,
You said you made an app, is there a simple way to do that? I've been looking to make one for quite a while.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I can't speak on Mother's Milk WTA. No offense to them or what they do (or to those that like it), but I will pass on them.

Both Aroma and Wholecig sell WTA straight-up. Meaning what they extracted is the complete alkaloid profile of tobacco and then it gets diluted down, just like pure nicotine would be handled before going into eliquid. WTA is, as has been noted, about 95% nicotine already, so when ordering a WTA at 24 mg/mL, know that 95% of that 24 mg/mL would be nic and only about 5% of that remainder is the minor alkaloids (they are "minor" after all). Now, 5% doesn't seem like a lot, but it can make a world of a difference to how the nicotine feels.

Aroma sells WTA without added nic, and they also sell WTA with added nic and flavoring. The result when adding nicotine to WTA, as you suggest, is just less percentage of minor alkaloids and a higher percentage of the major alkaloid, nicotine.

Wholecig sells WTA without added nic (even in their flavored WTA).

Is WTA expensive? Yes! If I had my druthers, I would have Aroma's on tap, but it's too costly for me to use considering I don't *need* it. If I needed it, I'd just cut out the more superfluous vape purchases (like silly, unnecessary driptips and such -- those prices add up!) I haven't had Wholecig's in a long time, but I think that the best possible way to judge which is best is to get both Aroma's VS WTA (WTA straight-up, no *added* nicotine) and WholeCig's WTA. For them to be compared, one would need to buy them at the same percentage WTA, and since Aroma only sells it at 24 mg/mL, that would need to be approximately the level you buy it at from WC -- that is unless you plan on diluting it. In which case, if you plan on vaping 12 mg/mL WTA, you could buy Aroma's 15 mL WTA at 24 mg/mL and add an additional 15 mL of VG (or whatever solvent you like) and end up at 12 mg/mL and you could just purchase WholeCig's at 12 mg/mL.

I've spent a considerable amount of time talking to the "creator" of WTA over the past year and a half and after having a lot of his WTA, and comparing the retail products to what he makes, I say that Aroma has the best product but WholeCig has the best price(s) and the best options (strictly speaking about WTA).

Note: I am actually kinda impressed with how well here WTA is understood. There was a time before when it was hard as hell to get a handle on this and we were all trying to figure it out for ourselves. Luckily the original chemist/vaper that brought this to life this still lurks about and is more than generous with helping to understand.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Mann, the initial discussion was about why the 'very special' WTA being offered by Aromaejuice is expensive.

My understanding is that is not 'watered down' with normal nicotine but is a 100% extraction of WTA, whereas the flavored liquids infused with WTA have a combination of WTA extraction and normal nicotine extraction.

Wholecigs unflavored WTA is less than half the price of Aromae's Very Special WTA and my conclusion was that Wholecigs WTA is a combination of WTA and normal non WTA nicotine.

Perhaps things have changed since I last checked but the big discussion we had with Dvap a couple of years ago has informed my understanding, or at least my comprehension of that discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Mann, the initial discussion was about why the 'very special' WTA being offered by Aromaejuice is expensive.

My understanding is that is not 'watered down' with normal nicotine but is a 100% extraction of WTA, whereas the flavored liquids infused with WTA have a combination of WTA extraction and normal nicotine extraction.

Wholecigs unflavored WTA is less than half the price of Aromae's Very Special WTA and my conclusion was that Wholecigs WTA is a combination of WTA and normal non WTA nicotine.

Perhaps things have changed since I last checked but the big discussion we had with Dvap a couple of years ago has informed my understanding, or at least my comprehension of that discussion.

While I haven't tested anyone's product, I think I can safely say that WC's does not have added nic. It is what they say it is. Now, AeJ and WC don't use the exact same processes and neither do they end up with the exact same (tasting) product. WC's is less expensive, but with AeJ you are paying for a helluva lot of behind-the-scenes work/lab equipment/R&D/expertise/etc.

Just like with Nic (and any other product for that matter), you see some that is a lot more expensive than others and the quality can vary as well, though it can truly be billed as the same product. Actually, the cost differential between Vaperstek nic and others can actually be greater than the difference between these two WTA products -- and some people refuse to buy it and other swears by it. Is the cost differential ever warranted? That is always going to be up to the consumer and the manufacturer.

Last edited:

VoodooZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Muncie, Indiana, USA
Been doing awesome. I have been off and on here. Sorry guys. Been a lot of me moving forward leaps and bounds because well...I went from clearo's to big boy sub tanks, and jumped myself into RDA's. Just got my big boy toys in. My Mutation X V3 and my sigelei 150W 'Oni' Edition. Been working on learning to build a good coil and learning to wick properly. I've got myself a really good single coil building down on my Mutation. So giddy excited...sorry guys. :D

Past that, been going strong. I'm hoping to be off both cigs. which I'm currently off of and haven't wanted one, and Nic by next month. The cigs shouldn't be a problem. The whole no nic thing...is proving to be a whole lot harder than I wanted it to be. Wish me luck.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
While I haven't tested anyone's product, I think I can safely say that WC's does not have added nic. It is what they say it is. Now, AeJ and WC don't use the exact same processes and neither do they end up with the exact same (tasting) product. WC's is less expensive, but with AeJ you are paying for a helluva lot of behind-the-scenes work/lab equipment/R&D/expertise/etc.

Just like with Nic (and any other product for that matter), you see some that is a lot more expensive than others and the quality can vary as well, though it can truly be billed as the same product. Actually, the cost differential between Vaperstek nic and others can actually be greater than the difference between these two WTA products -- and some people refuse to buy it and other swears by it. Is the cost differential ever warranted? That is always going to be up to the consumer and the manufacturer.

Hurmmm. But isn't extracted WTA all the same? What makes one different from the other? Why is Aromae's 'very special' WTA more than twice the price than Wholecigs, if Wholecigs is also 100% WTA?

I've tried both unflavored and used both diluted and straight. Without paying too much attention of having acutely compared the two, I have a tendency to favor the Aromae WTA product, but that could be conditioning rather than based on an actual, objective comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread