Svoemesto Kayfun V5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombo

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Seems a "Shorty Kit", would be easy on this tank. A shorter chimney/cap, smaller glass. Two pieces? The chimney pipe seems like the longest piece in the tank. Downside could be a change to flavor though.

I was thinking the same thing....such an easy conversion...cut the chimney, shorter glass, done!

Based on my experience with the lemo/Drop, I think cutting the chimney would actually improve flavor.

And I have it in my head (not sure why, or if it's even correct), that the longer your juice sits in your tank then the staler it becomes. Like it's pre-cooked by the time it reaches your coil. I'm a fan of frequent filling. Isn't this one of the reasons why dripping is so flavorful?

With the ease of filling the K5, I really don't see the need for more than 3ml. But that's just me.

Reactions: AstroTurf

abiko

Nov 24, 2013
Croatia
Ok, I'm finally off claptons on the V5, time to find the best MTL setup for this. So I've put 9/10 26 AWG coil, 2.5 mm diameter slightly spaced. Running it at 17-19W.

This gives out enough vapor in the lowest airflow setting you need to do light drags since this is producing a lot of vapor. I kinda miss the bit restricted airflow feeling, but this works well enough.
When SM comes out with the airflow restriction kit it would be great.

V5 just guzzles the liquid like there's not tomorrow. the ~4ml is just right here.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Oh Heck Yeah!!!

4cb276b9e6c50c9f1affbd421284c80e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
Read your initial impressions, seemed positive, curious why your selling it so soon?

My impressions are still valid it's a fantastic RTA. I just realized that I could never be satisfied with MTL vaping after making the transition to DTL. I think it's perfectly suited for MTL but I have other tanks that are better suited to my particular style of vaping.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
My impressions are still valid it's a fantastic RTA. I just realized that I could never be satisfied with MTL vaping after making the transition to DTL. I think it's perfectly suited for MTL but I have other tanks that are better suited to my particular style of vaping.

Yeah, I got lucky, I would not have liked it if it had any less airflow. And on the other extreme, a lot of folks want less air then the smallest hole.

I should have learned this from my experience on the Catfish RDA thread. The range of personal airflow reviews is huge. I now think of airflow opinions and reviews as like those of HOT SAUCE. Someone tells you their sauce is mild, and you burn your mouth, then you let someone else try your HOT sauce and they say it's MILD.

ibndevilish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Torrington ,CT
Read your initial impressions, seemed positive, curious why your selling it so soon?

Glad he was selling it, been trying to get one to no avail, so this made me one happy camper. Going to see how I like it and if I do will get another one to add in my collection. I like my Squapes and my Merkava but they quit making the Merkava :(

ibndevilish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Torrington ,CT
PBusaro's K5 review is now online:

http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/wordpress/

Not tight enough draw for him, restricted DL, in his opinion. He does mention us in between type vapors, and that's why it suits me fine.

I watched the video right after he posted it. I do like the look of the Kayfun 4 better than the 5 but the 4 has it's issues of getting stuck and so many parts. So I never did buy that one for all the issues people were complaining about. Then I asked Phil which was better the kayfun mini 3 or the Hurricane and he said to wait on the Hurricane as SvoëMesto was coming out with another Kayfun and that was like 2 weeks ago. Phil is a great guy if you have questions. I'm glad I'm getting this one.

access0denied

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2015
So I got my Kayfun 5 this afternoon. Anyone having issues with harsh throat hits? I had a mini 3 before. Same liquid almost the same build (28 gauge 7 wraps 1.4ohms). Just seems really harsh when doing mtl. Hate to say it, but so far I'm more impressed with my kayfun mini 3 clone. :-/ maybe it's just a matter of adjustment.

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
So I got my Kayfun 5 this afternoon. Anyone having issues with harsh throat hits? I had a mini 3 before. Same liquid almost the same build (28 gauge 7 wraps 1.4ohms). Just seems really harsh when doing mtl. Hate to say it, but so far I'm more impressed with my kayfun mini 3 clone. :-/ maybe it's just a matter of adjustment.
Yes, yes and yes. Also liking my Mini v3 more than the 5 for (MY) mouth to lung style. Hoping SvoëMesto's "Solution" gets it back for me. I'm confident it will.

The KF5 reminds me a lot of the Hurricane for MTL, but the Hurricane can be closed off nicely on the outside. I did this with tape strategically placed over the air holes with the KF5 and it's the same as the Hurricane (can be harsh for ME on 12mg) due to the large air flow just below the coil. Nir as concentrated and puffy for MTL.

Again I'm confident in them and hope/assume their "Solution" will make us happy. Sort of a reverse "S" like in the past. Haha.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Lemwise

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Joure
Not tight enough draw for him, restricted DL, in his opinion. He does mention us in between type vapors, and that's why it suits me fine.
I also like direct lung inhaling but I don't like it to be wide open because I lose flavour and throat hit that way. The V5 on the largest air flow setting is perfect for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread