Status
Not open for further replies.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
When my Hangsens change taste it's normally an indicator to me to change my cotton wick and clean my coil.

I always start all my juice tests with a cleaned and rebuilt topper, so that's not it, plus, I was only into my 3rd tank full using my Corolla 1.5 (3ml tank) when my flavor went flat. I'm thinking that like danny said, it's my ECX Nic doing it, I bet if I was using NN or one of the others that are cleaner, I might not have this problem, but I do like the TH of the ECX.

Looks like my INW Chocolate is due in on Saturday sometime, so will get to work on my Highway then.

Reactions: Slots

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I just saw my email that RTSvapes is going out of business and has a 30% off sale from JUNE 21st, 2017 – JULY 9th, 2017, coupon code "LIQUID30". Here's a link to the site, DIY E-Cig Supplies & E-Cigarette Liquid | Make Your Own E-Liquid | RTS Vapes

and even 50% on selected items like Nic, COUPON CODE: "LIQUID50"

I did a copy & paste of the email here:

RTS Vapes – www.rtsvapes.com

- GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE -

- EVERYTHING MUST GO -

LIQUIDATION SALE

SALE DATE: JUNE 21st, 2017 – JULY 9th, 2017

SAVE 30% ON THESE PRODUCTS

COUPON CODE: LIQUID30

Laboratory Glassware

- Beakers

- Cylinders

- Funnels and more

Plastic and Glass Bottles

- LDPE Plastic Child Res. Bottles

- PET Plastic Child Res. Bottles

- Clear Glass Bottle w/ Child Res. Cap

- Cobalt Blue Bottle w/ Child Res. Cap

- Sizes from 15ml to 250ml

Concentrated Flavorings

- Flavour Art

- Hangsen

- Flavor Jungle

- Capella

-The Flavor Apprentice

-Flavor West

Syringes

- Luer Slip Syringes

- Luer Lock Syringes

- Sizes from 1cc to 60cc

SAVE 50% ON THESE PRODUCTS

COUPON CODE: LIQUID50

Carolina Premium E-Liquid

- 6 Flavor to choose from

- Available in 50/50 and Max VG

- Crafted using top of the line ingredients

- Available in wholesale quantities

- Sizes from 15ml to 1 Liter

- 0mg to 24mg nicotine level

RTS White Label E-Liquid

- 67 Flavors to choose from

- Available in 50/50 or and Max VG

- Crafted using all USP ingredients

- Available in wholesale quantities

- Extremely affordable

- Sizes from 30ml to 1 Liter

- 0mg to 24mg nicotine level

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
After 28 days, my Highway at 4.5% must have got too strong, it lost all of the sweetness I so liked. I went ahead and cut it with some pre-mix and diluted it down to 4% and that sweetness came right back. Funny how .5% made that much difference in the flavor. Who Knew ?? :rolleyes:

I've never thought about HS highway being sweet. I've mixed it at 5% forever. Maybe 4% is the key. There's always to option to add sweetener in tiny increments. I have half a 50ml bottle left from a May 13th DIY session (about 7 weeks ago) and it's a good vape, but we all have our sweet spot mix levels. It's what makes DIY so intriguing.

Last edited:

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
It's what makes DIY so intriguing.

You just nailed it there. The ability to change what you want, when you want, adjust on a whim is what makes DIY so great and the only way to go. A bit while ago my wife asked me to up her cotton candy in her juice some, poured her jugs into a bigger container( I mix her 200mls at a time then cut into 50ml jugs so she just grab and go) then upped the CC from .75% to 1% and she's now a happy camper. Making my wife's juice, rebuilding coils for her and that she's a happy vaper makes it all worth it.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Hey fellow Hangsen lovers! I've been off the forum for probably 6 months. I've had nothing to say or add honestly. I'm still in the same exact groove I was 6 months ago (probably even more simple nowadays). Desert Ship has remained my #1 for 4 years. I'm convinced that I'll never tire of it. If I can vape it for 4 years and still love it then I'm not sure how it could suddenly turn on me. Turkish is my second favorite. Right now the only 2 flavored mixes I vape are DS and Turkish. I stopped using EM and AP too so my vape life is as simple as it gets. 75% of the time I go unflavored and I fill that time with simple 4-5% mixes of DS and Turkish. Seems to be all I'll ever need. I only mix juice 3 times a year now. I just make huge batches at a time and rotate between 3 bottles. Couldn't be happier honestly. Less is more sometimes. haha

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Sigh, I wish it was that simple for me.
I like very much the Desert Ship also, only when I got the flavoring, I mixed it with some HS Vanilla, and liked that so much that I didn't fool around with it anymore. Now I think I'm going to mix some by itself, and give that a go.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I've never thought about HS highway being sweet. I've mixed it a 5% forever. Maybe 4% is the key. There's always to option to add sweetener in tiny increments. I have half a 50ml bottle left from a May 13th DIY session (about 7 weeks ago) and it's a good vape, but we all have our sweet spot mix levels. It's what makes DIY so intriguing.

It might be that my "Buds" are so screwed up after 52 years of tobacco, that the flavor I'm getting is coming off sweet to me (slightly singed cotton also does that to me, sweet, cept my cotton is not singed this time)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Hey fellow Hangsen lovers! I've been off the forum for probably 6 months. I've had nothing to say or add honestly. I'm still in the same exact groove I was 6 months ago (probably even more simple nowadays). Desert Ship has remained my #1 for 4 years. I'm convinced that I'll never tire of it. If I can vape it for 4 years and still love it then I'm not sure how it could suddenly turn on me. Turkish is my second favorite. Right now the only 2 flavored mixes I vape are DS and Turkish. I stopped using EM and AP too so my vape life is as simple as it gets. 75% of the time I go unflavored and I fill that time with simple 4-5% mixes of DS and Turkish. Seems to be all I'll ever need. I only mix juice 3 times a year now. I just make huge batches at a time and rotate between 3 bottles. Couldn't be happier honestly. Less is more sometimes. haha

Bob, what's your mix percentage on Desert Ship? Hangsen Desert Ship pre-mixed from the vendor used to be one of my favorites. Mixed as a single flavor I'm not particularly impressed with it in my DIY experiments. I've been mixing it around 5%. Go figure.

BTW, you aren't the same guy I saw in a Vietnam War documentary on the History Channel are you? The name isn't that common, so I had to ask. I think he was a Lieutenant.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
It might be that my "Buds" are so screwed up after 52 years of tobacco, that the flavor I'm getting is coming off sweet to me (slightly singed cotton also does that to me, sweet, cept my cotton is not singed this time)

I vape as much unflavored juice these days as I do flavored. At 60pg/40vg the sweetness from the VG is kind of nice. Lots of tobaccos have become stronger as my taste buds continue to recover. I frequently squirt a little tobacco flavored juice into my tank, fill the rest with unflavored, and rock it back and forth to mix. For me, it's a good vape with a hint of the tobacco flavor.

Last edited:

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Bob, what's your mix percentage on Desert Ship? Hangsen Desert Ship pre-mixed from the vendor used to be one of my favorites. Mixed as a single flavor I'm not particularly impressed with it in my DIY experiments. I've been mixing it around 5%. Go figure.

BTW, you aren't the same guy I saw in a Vietnam War documentary on the History Channel are you? The name isn't that common, so I had to ask. I think he was a Lieutenant.

Ha! Nope, not me. I'm a completely unfamous and boring financial risk analyst. My only claim to fame is a 7 year stint as a ski bum living in the rockies during the 90's. I was in a fringe ski film jumping off stupid stuff and trying to kill myself on the regular. lol

I mix DS @ 4-5%. If that seems to miss the mark then try adding 1-1.5% AP and/or EM and see what you think. I buy my DS from Bull City in original packaging. RTS DS seems diluted but that's just my guess. I could easily be wrong.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Ha! Nope, not me. I'm a completely unfamous and boring financial risk analyst. My only claim to fame is a 7 year stint as a ski bum living in the rockies during the 90's. I was in a fringe ski film jumping off stupid stuff and trying to kill myself on the regular. lol

I mix DS @ 4-5%. If that seems to miss the mark then try adding 1-1.5% AP and/or EM and see what you think. I buy my DS from Bull City in original packaging. RTS DS seems diluted but that's just my guess. I could easily be wrong.

Desert Ship and RY4 are two Hangsen flavors that I find to be enhanced by AP, but I usually keep the AP at .5%. It gets rowdy pretty quick and especially with a little steeping.

OTOH, I find FA Black Fire Tobacco additive to be just the thing for making some juices take on the "ashy cigarette" flavor without being too in your face. It's also best used below 1% with a tobacco flavor that needs a boost, IMO.

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Finally got my INW Chocolate in and put the recommended 1% into my mix (120ml mix = 1.2ml INW Chocolate added) of Highway. I have enough other mixes that are ready to vape so I can wait for a proper steep of the Highway. The Highway has already steeped for over 30 days so the Chocolate is what I now will keep track of. Think I will shake each day for a few weeks then try it.

I still can't get over how the Gold & Silver at 8% (thank You Slots) vapes. Beautifully !! That flavor has not changed for me from day one either.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I crapped out and just shook it for 4 days (2 times per day) and have been letting it rest ever since (I also aired it out by pouring the bottle out into a open top graduated mixing flask and letting it sit for about 12 hours just to get rid of the overpowering Chocolate smell). That should be enough shaking I would think though.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
I think all of us ol' HS "pros" here, have pretty much found our sweet spots with our HS flavors .... need new blood in here who's full of questions to stir the pot again.
410.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread