The Lurker Thread

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    I cleaned and seasoned my cast iron, letting it cool down so we can use it ti cook dinner. Either a brisket or a roast for dinner tonight :drool::drool::drool:
    Either one will be good I’m sure :)

We’re having ribeye, baked potato and salad.

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Evening Lurkers
    View attachment 736775

surgery went ok this am. Dr removed all known cancer, have follow up/stitches removal in 2 weeks.
    Prayers it all turns out well. So glad the surgery went okay. :)

Glad you made it safe and sound Paul, hope the classes were good.

Dale, I hear ya, I'm so easily distracted these days and poof...it's time to go to work, or bed. :laugh:

Hiya OBG!! Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

Sara, grilled cheese sounds wonderful. We had leftover baked chicken.
    Hope kiddo is doing okay. ;)

Joey, your dinner sounded wonderful too!! Either choice!! :laugh:

Good evening all. :wub:
    Was late getting around this a.m. and didn't get on, then work was crazy busy today...I'm frazzled.
    Then was crazy driving home, it's SUPER windy here!! Getting in and out was a challenge too, trying to get Rita in her car carrier and hold the door so it didn't fly open, or bang on my legs. :facepalm:

Heading to go soak. Rita is pacing like she's crazed. :facepalm:
    ...good exercise for her. :laugh:

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Good question :lol: I didn't do the cooking tonight. Sammiches is what we got. ;)

Did you have a good day?
    Ah I see , lack of imagination on someone’s part :laugh:

Yes I did, even got some things accomplished :thumb:
    Thinking I’ll probably be on a soft food diet for a few days this weekend so made a big pot of soup. Hope I can eat it :unsure:

Prayers it all turns out well. So glad the surgery went okay. :)

Glad you made it safe and sound Paul, hope the classes were good.

Dale, I hear ya, I'm so easily distracted these days and poof...it's time to go to work, or bed. :laugh:

Sara, grilled cheese sounds wonderful. We had leftover baked chicken.
    Hope kiddo is doing okay. ;)

Joey, your dinner sounded wonderful too!! Either choice!! :laugh:

Good evening all. :wub:
    Was late getting around this a.m. and didn't get on, then work was crazy busy today...I'm frazzled.
    Then was crazy driving home, it's SUPER windy here!! Getting in and out was a challenge too, trying to get Rita in her car carrier and hold the door so it didn't fly open, or bang on my legs. :facepalm:

Heading to go soak. Rita is pacing like she's crazed. :facepalm:
    ...good exercise for her. :laugh:
    Hi Lori, wow, crazy day for you! :ohmy:

I was just out walking around in the yard and boy was the wind kicking up :?: Sure felt good though :)

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member

Ok I guess but I did get a little excited today when the city set off the storm/nuke attack alarm for about 10 min. ,when I finally got through to city hall they said it was a test because some didn't hear it the other night Nice job warning people :rolleyes: I was about ready to start filling the tub and jugs with water :laugh:

Onestopdiy is having a sale 20% off code jfk until the 20th

Thanks but I'm just now getting into my last 60.00 order :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Ok I guess but I did get a little excited today when the city set off the storm/nuke attack alarm for about 10 min. ,when I finally got through to city hall they said it was a test because some didn't hear it the other night Nice job warning people :rolleyes: I was about ready to start filling the tub and jugs with water :laugh:

Thanks but I'm just now getting into my last 60.00 order :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    You got the *winner* rating for the most exciting day of all of us.
    Holy crap!! :lol::lol::lol:

@daleron
    Yes, very windy.
    I saw 47 mph gusts reported, that was the highest I saw.
    MO though.
    Scott AF Base reported 41 mph.

Well, I'm about done for the night.
    Sweet dreams when you all go. :wub:

Finally getting around to lurking around the forums more after my intro post last thursday. There is a lot of forum for me to take in here but this thread seems about my speed for now.

How are you all? I've been waiting on business to pick up for 3 weeks or so. The weather in south Mississippi is not exactly prime for an HVAC man right now.

JoeyC

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 15, 2014
    In your nightmares
    Good to know :thumb:

What did you decide on for dinner? :?:
    Brisket seared in a cast iron then cooked in the oven the rest of the way with potatoes, corn and gravy :)

Finally getting around to lurking around the forums more after my intro post last thursday. There is a lot of forum for me to take in here but this thread seems about my speed for now.

How are you all? I've been waiting on business to pick up for 3 weeks or so. The weather in south Mississippi is not exactly prime for an HVAC man right now.
    Welcome to the forum and lurkers. I am sure you will get busy soon living down there. Up north we still have some winter temps lol

Welcome to the forum and lurkers. I am sure you will get busy soon living down there. Up north we still have some winter temps lol

It's finally supposed to start heating up next week. We've had mid 40s in the mornings and high 70s in the evenings for almost 3 weeks now.

I would probably consider mid 40s to be winter temps for us though this past winter was actually cold. We got 8 inches of snow one weekend. Thats the mostmost area has seen in 80+ years.

Also brisket sounds fantastic, unfortunately I had to stop eating beef due to some health issues but it would almost be worth it for brisket.

JoeyC

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 15, 2014
    In your nightmares

It's finally supposed to start heating up next week. We've had mid 40s in the mornings and high 70s in the evenings for almost 3 weeks now.

I would probably consider mid 40s to be winter temps for us though this past winter was actually cold. We got 8 inches of snow one weekend. Thats the mostmost area has seen in 80+ years.

Also brisket sounds fantastic, unfortunately I had to stop eating beef due to some health issues but it would almost be worth it for brisket.
    Northern Illinois it has been in the 40’s mid day with upper 20’s at night Mother Nature has not been to nice to us lol

Good night everyone :)

Users who are viewing this thread