The Lurker Thread

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Good afternoon everyone. It's hot, humid, and I'm tired. Another hour to go. I have to set up my scaffolding when I get home. No more rain for the time being so I guess I need to get started with the remodel. Talk to you all later.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Happy Friday eve Sara! :w00t:

Be careful Paul!

Earlier this week they said we’d have stormy weather today but we didn’t :(
As much as I would rather you didn’t have stormy weather, sorry you didn’t get any rain. I know you need it.

We are supposed to get some this weekend. I really hope they are wrong. Our last Saturday football is tomorrow and I’m rather looking forward to having the weekends back ;)

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    As much as I would rather you didn’t have stormy weather, sorry you didn’t get any rain. I know you need it.

We are supposed to get some this weekend. I really hope they are wrong. Our last Saturday football is tomorrow and I’m rather looking forward to having the weekends back ;)
    Well I hope you stay dry then :)
    They are saying we have a 60% chance tonight and tomorrow but right now it’s 91 and we’re six feet in sunshine.

Rain here tomorrow. The weeds will get more water to drink !!!!! lol
    Sounds like you get rain every day.

JoeyC

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 15, 2014
    In your nightmares
    Well I hope you stay dry then :)
    They are saying we have a 60% chance tonight and tomorrow but right now it’s 91 and we’re six feet in sunshine.

Sounds like you get rain every day.
    Just the last 2 weeks, we really did not have a spring lol

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    We definitely did not have a normal spring. Went from snow to hot hot hot. Then this month it was cooler as far as humidity goes but not much rain. The grass is already crunchy.

ETA as long as it stays that way, I’m good. It won’t be long before it’s snowing again :(

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    We definitely did not have a normal spring. Went from snow to hot hot hot. Then this month it was cooler as far as humidity goes but not much rain. The grass is already crunchy.
    Really unusual for you right? :?:

Um, I’m getting a fatigue headache so calling it a night ... hope to sleep longer tonight :sleep:

Good night lovely and handsome Lurkers :wub:

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Really unusual for you right? :?:

Um, I’m getting a fatigue headache so calling it a night ... hope to sleep longer tonight :sleep:

Good night lovely and handsome Lurkers :wub:
    When I was a kid the grass was always brown by the end of summer. Which meant no rain obviously. That meant to me, a good, hot summer. We always had at least one or two snow days in the winter. Now it feels like seasons are totally mixed up into each other. There really is no “normal” anymore. Compliments of global warming I suppose.

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    The grass is already crunchy.

A lawn guy told me to set my mower so it is 3" tall when done in hot dry weather it does better :2c:

Gramps BBQ_zpsdyw6fckp.gif
    :D

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Good evening all. :wub:

Just made it to the sofa, didn't grab quotes. ;)
    Seems everyone is doing okay, so that's good.

Just haven't had a lot of time/motivation to get online today.
    This too shall pass.

Sweet dreams to those who have already gone, and to those when you do go. :wub:

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    A lawn guy told me to set my mower so it is 3" tall when done in hot dry weather it does better :2c:

View attachment 750223 :D
    We haven’t had to mow in forever, it seems. But I have heard to keep it higher than normal when there is no rain as to not traumatize your lawn. Hello OBG :wub: whatcha grillin’? Always love seeing that pic. :drool: We had grilled chicken and veggies for dinner.

Lori, hate that work is draining you so, but totally understandable. Wise woman you are. Eventually it will pass. :thumb: Hope that you are giving your mind/body some much deserved free/down time.

Users who are viewing this thread