The Lurker Thread

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Wet burritos are awesome!
I think so.
What I described making, is that what *you* consider a wet burrito? Cuz, I'm not sure that they don't come a few ways.
I think (but not sure) the enchilada sauce on the outside is what makes them considered "wet".

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm sure wet burrito's are quite tasty, it just "sounds" gross :laugh:
Not a big fan of refried beans either but I'll eat them ... like them better to the side with cheezzz on top :D
These end up pretty cheesy. :D
You could use Spanish rice instead of the beans.
I think I called it Mexican rice earlier. :facepalm:

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    I think so.
    What I described making, is that what *you* consider a wet burrito? Cuz, I'm not sure that they don't come a few ways.
    I think (but not sure) the enchilada sauce on the outside is what makes them considered "wet".
    Sounds about right to me.
    This is supposed to be a copycat recipe for a place near me that makes very good ones.
    • 2 lbs. cooked, pulled and shredded pork, chuck roast or chicken, or cooked and chopped ground beef, (*a rotisserie chicken can also be used in place of homemade pulled chicken)
    • Seasoning Mix:
    • Dry:
    • 2 tsp. seasoned salt, I use Johnny's
    • ½ tsp. cayenne
    • 1 tsp. onion powder
    • 2½ tsp. quality chili powder
    • 2 tsp. paprika
    • 2 tsp. garlic powder
    • 2 tsp. cumin
    • 2 Tbl. cornstarch
    • 2 Tbl. flour
    • Wet:
    • 2 tsp. Better Than Bouillon Beef Base for red meats, (Chicken Base for poultry and pork)
    • 1 Tbl. ketchup
    • ½ Tbl. Sriracha sauce
    • 1 cup beer
    • 1½ cups water
    • Secret Sauce:
    • 2 Tbl. butter
    • 2 Tbl. flour
    • 1 (10½ oz.) can Campbell's Beef Consommé
    • 1 (10 oz.) can Enchilada Sauce, I used Old El Paso's Mild
    • ½ tsp. quality chili powder
    • ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
    • Rest of ingredients:
    • 4 large burrito-sized flour tortillas
    • 1 (16 oz.) bag shredded Mexi-blend cheese
    • 1 large tomato, or 2 small, chopped
    • 4-6 cups shredded lettuce, as desired
    • salt and coarse ground black pepper
    • chopped pickled jalapeño peppers, optional
    • 1 (12-16 oz.) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained well, *or refried beans - see note
    • Extra Toppings:
    • 12 black olive slices
    • Sour Cream
    • Guacamole
    • Hot Sauce or Sriracha Sauce

Instructions
    1. Add cooked pulled pork, beef or chicken, (or cooked ground beef), to a large frying pan.
    2. In small to medium bowl, mix dry ingredients from seasoning mix well.Sprinkle over meat in pan and stir in to coat and mix.
    3. Stir in wet seasoning ingredients. (*I like to dissolve the beef/chicken base in the water in the microwave so that it's easier to mix in.) Heat over medium-high heat until it comes to a low boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring as needed, until thick. *Stir often towards end to prevent sticking or scorching. Cover and set aside.
    4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    5. In medium saucepan, make Secret Sauce: Melt butter over medium-low heat, stir in flour and heat, stirring, until bubbly. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes to cook out raw flour taste. Slowly whisk in beef consommé keeping mixture blended and smooth. Stir in enchilada sauce, and add chili powder and garlic powder. Heat to boiling, and low boil for 3-4 more minutes until thickened. Remove from heat.
    6. In four separate small, very shallow, baking dishes (ones you can eat out of), place a large flour tortilla.
    7. Top each in order:
    8. small amount of cheese
    9. chopped tomato
    10. shredded lettuce
    11. sprinkle with salt and pepper
    12. a handful of cheese
    13. chopped pickled jalapeños, optional
    14. a fourth of the meat (1/2 lb. each)
    15. beans to taste
    16. Fold edges over tightly and careful turn each over.
    17. Ladle with sauce until each are completely covered.
    18. PILE on the cheese!
    19. Pop into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
    20. Top each with 3 black olive slices. Serve with extra toppings of choice.
    21. Goes well with chips and salsa and Mexican red beans and rice.

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sounds about right to me.
    This is supposed to be a copycat recipe for a place near me that makes very good ones.
    • 2 lbs. cooked, pulled and shredded pork, chuck roast or chicken, or cooked and chopped ground beef, (*a rotisserie chicken can also be used in place of homemade pulled chicken)
    • Seasoning Mix:
    • Dry:
    • 2 tsp. seasoned salt, I use Johnny's
    • ½ tsp. cayenne
    • 1 tsp. onion powder
    • 2½ tsp. quality chili powder
    • 2 tsp. paprika
    • 2 tsp. garlic powder
    • 2 tsp. cumin
    • 2 Tbl. cornstarch
    • 2 Tbl. flour
    • Wet:
    • 2 tsp. Better Than Bouillon Beef Base for red meats, (Chicken Base for poultry and pork)
    • 1 Tbl. ketchup
    • ½ Tbl. Sriracha sauce
    • 1 cup beer
    • 1½ cups water
    • Secret Sauce:
    • 2 Tbl. butter
    • 2 Tbl. flour
    • 1 (10½ oz.) can Campbell's Beef Consommé
    • 1 (10 oz.) can Enchilada Sauce, I used Old El Paso's Mild
    • ½ tsp. quality chili powder
    • ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
    • Rest of ingredients:
    • 4 large burrito-sized flour tortillas
    • 1 (16 oz.) bag shredded Mexi-blend cheese
    • 1 large tomato, or 2 small, chopped
    • 4-6 cups shredded lettuce, as desired
    • salt and coarse ground black pepper
    • chopped pickled jalapeño peppers, optional
    • 1 (12-16 oz.) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained well, *or refried beans - see note
    • Extra Toppings:
    • 12 black olive slices
    • Sour Cream
    • Guacamole
    • Hot Sauce or Sriracha Sauce

Instructions
    1. Add cooked pulled pork, beef or chicken, (or cooked ground beef), to a large frying pan.
    2. In small to medium bowl, mix dry ingredients from seasoning mix well.Sprinkle over meat in pan and stir in to coat and mix.
    3. Stir in wet seasoning ingredients. (*I like to dissolve the beef/chicken base in the water in the microwave so that it's easier to mix in.) Heat over medium-high heat until it comes to a low boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring as needed, until thick. *Stir often towards end to prevent sticking or scorching. Cover and set aside.
    4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    5. In medium saucepan, make Secret Sauce: Melt butter over medium-low heat, stir in flour and heat, stirring, until bubbly. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes to cook out raw flour taste. Slowly whisk in beef consommé keeping mixture blended and smooth. Stir in enchilada sauce, and add chili powder and garlic powder. Heat to boiling, and low boil for 3-4 more minutes until thickened. Remove from heat.
    6. In four separate small, very shallow, baking dishes (ones you can eat out of), place a large flour tortilla.
    7. Top each in order:
    8. small amount of cheese
    9. chopped tomato
    10. shredded lettuce
    11. sprinkle with salt and pepper
    12. a handful of cheese
    13. chopped pickled jalapeños, optional
    14. a fourth of the meat (1/2 lb. each)
    15. beans to taste
    16. Fold edges over tightly and careful turn each over.
    17. Ladle with sauce until each are completely covered.
    18. PILE on the cheese!
    19. Pop into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
    20. Top each with 3 black olive slices. Serve with extra toppings of choice.
    21. Goes well with chips and salsa and Mexican red beans and rice.
    Yeah, that's way beyond my motivation level, but I'd eat it, in a heartbeat, if someone made it for me...as long as we lose those pickled jalapeños. :lol:

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    Yeah, that's way beyond my motivation level, but I'd eat it, in a heartbeat, if someone made it for me...as long as we lose those pickled jalapeños. :lol:
    It's only a little more comlicated than your version. Actually I don't think Hacienda puts any jalapenos in theirs that I ever noticed, I think whoever made this recipe was trying to spice it up.

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    It's only a little more comlicated than your version. Actually I don't think Hacienda puts any jalapenos in theirs that I ever noticed, I think whoever made this recipe was trying to spice it up.

Just picked another 1/2 gallon jalapenos tonight anybody want some :)

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    If ya turn 'em into grilled poppers wrapped in bacon, I'l head your direction.:D

I was thinking about doing some tomorrow night again one of my favorites :D

IMG_0001.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread