The Lurker Thread

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    I'm so glad, Dale :wub:

we had my favorite pizza for dinner. I'm stuffed and ready for bed. Stinks that tomorrow is Monday but 10 working days and then a long weekend for Memorial Day.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone :wub:
    Amazing that tomorrow is Monday already, I feel for you :(

Have a restful evening and a good night :wub:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    North Carolina
    I wrote this last night and got on this morning and see that I forgot to hit post. DUH! I am not sure what is going on with me. Oh well, I'll post it now.

I did make it to the Prime Rib night and I must say the band they had was fantastic. Everyone is just so nice to me out there. I wish it was closer but it is worth the drive. It's only 18 miles away. That is not that far but driving at night on a highway is different.

I feel like I am on the mend. A friend gave me some Prednizone so my Poison Oak is much better. I spent most of the weekend blowing my nose and coughing. But it is getting a little better each day.

My new friend at the lodge made me a bag of jerky because I had never eaten it. I am not sure what the stuff at the store tastes like but this was delicious. He said he used London broil that he gets from his butcher. It almost makes me want to buy a dehydrator. He makes turkey jerky too but I cannot imagine it being any better than what I have. He sent a huge bag. I am going to have to google the best way to store it. I am not even sure how long it stays good.

Well that was my weekend. I am going to take it easy but I may try to get back to the gym tomorrow. We are supposed to have rain this week and maybe it will help if I exercise.

I hope everyone has a great start to their week. Have a great day.:wub:

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Good evening everyone :wub:

Joey, I love that you went to Sue's favorite place. (((hugs)))

Rat2, glad you are feeling better and that you had a nice time at the Lodge.

Hope everyone had a great day!
    Good evening Sara :wub: Being Monday I hope it was at least a tolerable one for you. It’s been on the chilly side here today with some light rain.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    North Carolina
    ‘’’I’ve had a headache all afternoon, blaming the weather.
    Sorry you have had a headache but would not be surprised if the weather was the culprit. It has been raining all day and I started feeling it yesterday. I am ready for some warm sun.
    1YES.gif

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    North Carolina
    A friend from TN called and wanted me to contact a friend of his because he said I could use a male friend. What? Then my cousin's daughter texted me a picture of her good friend who just happens to be single. I have told everyone that I am not looking right now. I'm not sure why everyone thinks I should find someone else. Do I really need anyone? No.

I did move Ken's clothes out of the closet today but I just put them somewhere else. Not sure why I am hanging on to them. I'll get rid of them when I'm ready. It did make me a tiny bit sad. My gosh, it has not even been a month since he passed. It is going to take time.

If I eat much more jerky, I'm going to need to go get some help. I understand how someone can be addicted to a drug. I cannot believe I went 64 years without ever trying beef jerky.
    1laugh.gif
    I told the man at the Moose Lodge who made it that it was like crack! It is so good.

Hope everyone has a great night. I hope I sleep better than I did last night. (fingers crossed) :wub:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    North Carolina
    Can’t believe people are already trying to set you up Rat2! :ohmy:
    Me either but I suppose they have good intentions and just don't want me to be sad. I don't know. I am NOT looking.

Are you feeling better this morning? Is the headache gone? Hope so. I slept better after I finally got to sleep. That is another thing I admired about Ken. He was sound asleep in about 2 minutes. He said I needed to stop thinking and just sleep but I have not figured that one out yet.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    North Carolina
    The coffee is good and I already have a load of clothes in the washer. I also am expecting a delivery sometime today. There were not what I considered that great a deals at Verizon so I bought a phone off of Amazon like I did last time and I will just take it in to have the activate it. They used to change over your information for free but now they charge you. I think it is only $30. I may let them because I don't want to lose anything. Not that my stuff is all that important. I do love new phone time. I am getting the same brand so it will not be anything too complicated. Oh well, I am still looking forward to it.

Ok, I'm gonna get something done today and not lay around like a sloth.
    1No.gif

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Me either but I suppose they have good intentions and just don't want me to be sad. I don't know. I am NOT looking.

Are you feeling better this morning? Is the headache gone? Hope so. I slept better after I finally got to sleep. That is another thing I admired about Ken. He was sound asleep in about 2 minutes. He said I needed to stop thinking and just sleep but I have not figured that one out yet.
    I feel fair but still have the headache.

DH can do that too, if I just go to bed my mind will go around and around like you. That’s why I read until I can’t keep my eyes open, keeps me from thinking.

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Dh is the same way...snoring before his head even hits the pillow :lol:

Good evening ladies :wub:

Awww, I'm sorry people think they are helping you, Rat2. You definitely need some time to yourself to do what you want, when you want, how you want and with whom.

Dale, hope the weather is cooperating a bit better for you and your headache is gone.

Better get a start on dinner. French toast and fruit. Same ol' same ol'

Users who are viewing this thread