The Milder Side of NET's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
I'd be interested in how you like the A+ Blend.

Just tried the A+ Blend but it's not ready yet. Checked the date and it's only been mixed for 5 days. I like it though. I think it's going to be another winner, but I'll leave it another week along with the Aged Burley, before trying it again.

Reactions: Bronze

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I would like to make a quick comparison of two similar tobacco flavors I have reviewed so far - Scotty's Bulk Blends Trout Stream and Sutliff's Creamy Butterscotch. Both are aromatics, both supposedly have a butterscotch top note.
That's about where the similarities end. Scotty's Trout Stream has a base of blended Cavendish, most likely cut from Virginia tobaccos by the sweetness. The top note, a sweet vanilla flavor, fades after a month or two, leaving a very plain and ordinary "drug store" quality Cavendish behind.
Sutliff's Creamy Butterscotch starts with Virginia, Burley and a Black Cavendish, then adds both caramel and vanilla to provide a butterscotch top note. I filtered this out in May, and now six months later the top notes are just beginning to fade. The remaining flavor of the tobacco is mild and sweet, far more enjoyable than the tobacco base of Scotty's Trout Stream.
I believe I will just go with the Sutliff's version on this one, and forget about the Scotty's Trout Stream.
But, like they say, all tastes are subjective.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Hearth & Home Signature Louisiana Red - Pipes and Cigars

Extracted (cold maceration) - Winter of 2019
Mixed (30/70 PG/VG @10mg Nic) - June 2019

After reviewing this thread I realized I have not commented on a favorite of more than one vaper, H&H Louisiana Red. The description at pipesandcigars.com calls this the best selling VaPer (Virginia-Perique) in the Home and Hearth line of tobaccos. Two red Virginias are blended with Arcadian Perique.
As an extracted e-liquid flavor, it is a medium-bodied vape. The red Virginias are not as sweet and grassy as lighter Virginias, but rather dark and full bodied. They give a hint of sweetness, not much, to the spicy, peppery tang of the Perique. The flavors balance out quite well to give a rich, smooth vape with just a hint of Perique spice left on the tongue. Bolder than Anniversary Kake, it delivers a full flavored vaping experience. This could serve as an All-Day vape for those who enjoy full flavored NET's, or a rich end-of-day vape for those who are put off by sweet, dessert flavors. Either way, it is worth a try.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Mac Baren Classics Golden Extra
Extract from Pop, mixed at 10%
70/30 PG/VG, 15mg
Kayfun Mini V3 @ 12W in Power Mode

I vaped this at less than a month and re-tried it again at 2-1/2 months. Golden Extra is a mild/medium vape with enough sweetness to keep it from tasting dry or ashy. Burley dominates this vape. No question. If there is Virginia in this extract it certainly is in the background and would serve to add a little sweetness at best. I am not picking up much grassiness. A nice, light nutty or honeyish flavor. Even at 10% and hot boxing it I'm not getting overwhelmed. I can see this vape holding up most of the day. Very good vape!

Reactions: PapawBrett

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Scotty's Bulk Blends - Honey & Chocolate - Pipes and Cigars

Extracted (cold maceration) Winter of 2019
Mixed at 10% (30/70 PG/VG w/ 10mg Nic) November 2019

This is one of my annual repeat orders. The tobacco, like many flavored tobaccos, is a blend of Virginia, Burley and Black Cavendish. Chocolate is added as a top note, and a touch of honey just to sweeten the flavor.
As a vape, it is rich, yet smooth. This is very much a sweet flavored NET. It seems to me as a milder version of HHV's Dragon's Fire as the tobacco flavor is somewhat muted, but not overpowered, by the chocolate and honey. While the Virginia adds to the sweetness, the Burley and Black Cavendish are somewhere in the background behind the top notes. This can serve as a dessert flavor as easily as a NET flavor. It balances out very well into a smooth, sweet NET.

• Winner

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
So my annual tobacco order came in this past Tuesday, and I immediately sunk them into half-pint Mason Jars with PG for their long winter nap.
Ordered everything in one ounce packages except for Home & Hearth Mid Town Chestnut, which I had to order in a 2 once pouch. Used one ounce, still have another ounce fresh, but no use for it.
If anyone is interested in maybe extracting this blended pipe tobacco (review earlier n this thread) just PM me. I'd be happy to drop by the Post Office this week rather then let it go to waste.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
So my annual tobacco order came in this past Tuesday, and I immediately sunk them into half-pint Mason Jars with PG for their long winter nap.
Ordered everything in one ounce packages except for Home & Hearth Mid Town Chestnut, which I had to order in a 2 once pouch. Used one ounce, still have another ounce fresh, but no use for it.
If anyone is interested in maybe extracting this blended pipe tobacco (review earlier n this thread) just PM me. I'd be happy to drop by the Post Office this week rather then let it go to waste.
Pop, what other flavors did you get?

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Home and Hearth Anniversary Kake, Home and Hearth Midtown Chestnut, Home and Hearth Virginia Spice, Sutliff Christmas Spice, Sutliff Creamy Butterscotch, Sutliff Mellow Peach, Cornell and Deihl Three Friars, Cornell and Deihl Oriental Silk, Lane Dark Red, Scotty's Bulk Blend Honey and Chocolate, Peter Stokkebye's 84 Turkish and Ramback Gold.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Home and Hearth Anniversary Kake, Home and Hearth Midtown Chestnut, Home and Hearth Virginia Spice, Sutliff Christmas Spice, Sutliff Creamy Butterscotch, Sutliff Mellow Peach, Cornell and Deihl Three Friars, Cornell and Deihl Oriental Silk, Lane Dark Red, Scotty's Bulk Blend Honey and Chocolate, Peter Stokkebye's 84 Turkish and Ramback Gold.
Man, you're loading up!

I have six going. Five chocolates and one Fire Cured. I'm sitting them for 8 weeks and will begin filtering in April.

IMG_1457 (Phone).jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread