Too bad your avatar pic is soooooo TINY

Clyde.jpg

NICE! I'm good with it. Thanks, MM!

traderdan

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
North Texas
Hi
Petercro I finally got some of the RN4081 attys in to play with made one you your bottom feeder designs made it works sweet Kind of a baby version has a twinkle light in it but here's a pic thought you might like to see it . Oh also did you ever take any of the RN4081 attys apart would like to see the insides of those might have to mod one lol
:rolleyes:

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Brough East Yorkshire, UK
Dan
Great mod. Very Clean lines and look
The more you use it. The more you come to realise what the 4081 is capable of!!!!
I have killed several 4081's in the making of my designs. (Usually brand new ones).
When I return home I will disassemble one and take pics.
Thanks for following.

Nicotime.
New avatar will be online tonight.
Sometimes, I do have to go to work.

Storm.
Are you saying that my head looks like I'm wearing a flat cap.
(private joke).

Cheers
Peter........

traderdan

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
North Texas
Petercro
Thanks a ton, I just want to see the best way to disassemble them and repair. Then figure out how I'm going to mod them ,he he . Your right I vaped it all last night and today changed batts once and it uses the juice better than the top feeder in my option. I like the taste over the 901 .The attys a winner. So I gess I will be a bottom feeder lol .

Last edited:

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Nothing wrong with us low lives feeding from the bottom.

When I posted my latest version, I added this
I've added a small dish around the atty to collect excess liquid which seeps out of the attie's air inlet holes. After squeezing the bottle.
(This dish holds the liquid in the perfect place. For when you take the next draw or so, the excess liquid is sucked back into the air holes and used by the atty).
(Thanks to Highping for the in-line atty and dish idea).

That statement is OH so true.
I don't lose any liquid.
AND It de-floods it self ( if you are able to flood it in the first place).

I was so looking forward to getting home after this contract, to carry on working
on my mods, but I now have to fly straight to Ireland the day after I get home.
I have come up with some new designs and I wanted to build them before
I attended the mini Vapefest in York England on the 22nd May.
But now I may not have time.

Peter...........

traderdan

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
North Texas

Petercro
I also used your cup at the bottom of the atty to keep the juice that would leave the air hole if over flooded it works great and I've only lost a very small amount once since I've started bottom feeding . Since Im new to the process I think the learning curve is really small. I think ruining attys is the big problem most could run into, with the feeding tube entering the button contact of the atty. And I have also found the hole size vary from different suppliers. I will endeavor to make more mods since I have found the bottom feeder a great vape it will get more attention from me for modding .

Last edited:

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Dan
Atty hole size does vary from supplier to supplier.
The smallest hole size I have found is from Totally Wicked.
That is why I grind the end of my brass juice pipes. to reduce the OD.
If you don't, It can kill an atty in 2 seconds.
If the brass pipes Outside Diameter is too great.
The pipe will jam in the atties positive inlet hole.
So when you unscrew the atty from the battery connector, the positive ring will not turn.
Causing the internal atty wires to twist and snap.
(One dead atty).

So far I have killed 4 or 5.
And at £4.00 each, it is getting expensive.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Have you played with any other attys on your peter's pipe (heh heh heh heh) mod?

And if so, how would you compare them with the rn4801? What gets me excited about 3rd gen mods like yours is the frakkin' over the top taste you get out of the juice.

I fondly remember the vape/taste qualities of the Tardis with the 4081...and would compare it favorably to the CJB, and be replaceable, to boot. It's funny how the now maligned 4081 may have a second boost in popularity as a bottom feed atty.

I've also tried the 801 and 901 on 3rd gens, and they're not bad. 510's are meh, especially in the taste category.

What's your experience on these or different attys?

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
Hey Peter...I found something to use in place of the copper tube for the Bottom feed. A friend of mine used an insuline pump and of course, when I saw the tube...you know what I said! He gave me a roll for my mods! It's about the same size as the copper and I'll do a trial when I buils my next mod. It eliminates the need to be directly below the atty as well as, the need to drop it in as opposed to tilting it in. This was one thing I didn't like about the copper so I did mine a little different than most. I simply ran the copper down through the bottle lid then transitioned to the plastic tube. The copper fit nice and snug into the other tube I've been using (thank you "White Rain"! Maybe I need to mame all mine...White Rain V1, White Rain V2...LOL
I'll keep you posted on my trial. Oh ya...the good thing about this tube, NO BLOWN ATTYS!

traderdan

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
North Texas
Storminyte
Where did your friend get the tubing is it a medical type silicone or vinyl ? Storm I would love to find where to get that tubing .Already lost an atty over using the copper tube . :p

Petercro
I beat you to the punch and Dissected a bad atty I jacked with the copper tube fitting it to the hole size .Funny thing its a 901 size atty almost exactly alike the 901 .Well the cup shape and size are the same and the foam metal the same. Only difference I can see is that the 901 has more sealers in the mounting little seal lids like the white one in the pic. other than that same atty . :lol:

Last edited:

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Been waiting on tracking news on the mkV inbound from England, and roundly cursing UK and US customs.

Wife asks me if I remembered news blurbs stating that the Icelandic volcano has delayed almost all air travel in Europe.

I did, but didn't associate the two events somehow.

Or, it's already flying over Omaha, and the usps is doing its usual stellar job of tracking it's progress online.

I'll hope it's the latter. I'd like to think I'm an optimist (but suspect that I'm merely stupid).

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
I think it must be medical, I googled it and saw some 1/16 somewhere. I have enough for 20 mods. I did a test with it inserted into my larger tubing and it dripped nice. Obviously slower than the larger but about the same as the 1/16 copper tube. Still working on the mod it's going into.
Storminyte
Where did your friend get the tubing is it a medical type silicone or vinyl ? Storm I would love to find where to get that tubing .Already lost an atty over using the copper tube . :p

Petercro
I beat you to the punch and Dissected a bad atty I jacked with the copper tube fitting it to the hole size .Funny thing its a 901 size atty almost exactly alike the 901 .Well the cup shape and size are the same and the foam metal the same. Only difference I can see is that the 901 has more sealers in the mounting little seal lids like the white one in the pic. other than that same atty . :lol:

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
OK
Now I have problems.
Trying to talk to friends, when they are online.
Storm posts at 3 ish UK time and Dreamy posts at 5 ish UK time.
Mike posts 12 hours a day.
And Clyde is logged in 24/7. (This man never sleeps)

My new room mate "Clumsy" only posts, after her chores are completed.
It may be me, but, I need a clock to work too.

If Clumsy, releases me from the kitchen at 7.30pm, her time.
Would Clyde be asleep or awake, to answer my PM's.
Would Dreamy be still talking in rhyme.
Would Darchand, have finished his pipe.
and
Would Mr P, have inhaled too much flux fumes.

This enquiring mind, wants to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread