*THE* (reasonably priced) 5volt 510 PT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

proimage1

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
USA
I agree, I contacted them and they said they will have new stock in about a week...;)

Gotta put another plug in for Mad Vapes - great customer service and fast, fast delivery just like before. Ordered Tuesday afternoon and the mail just came and there it was. Already vaping happily away -- I also ordered a bottle of 30ml cola juice - got that as well + Mad Vapes also threw in a free sample bottle of Cherry Cola juice as well !

I've been reading all the stuff above in regards to burning up PC's and Mother Boards, SO I hooked it up to my older PC that sits right beside my new one. Can't take the risk of frying my newer PC - it's working perfect with no signs of problems. I also have one of the USB wall plug ins on the way - but couldn't wait for it to get here before I gave this a try.

THANKS AGAIN MAD VAPES !!!:thumbs:

svtboosted

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
JakeStew said:
I misspoke in one thread where snus and snuff were being discussed. So sue me.

Hmm..

JakeStew said:
I've heard some rumors that they are blowing out their stock and trying to liquidate because of financial problems. Make sure and call before placing an order to see if they're still in business.

JakeStew said:
I guess I should be more careful about repeating gossip I hear.
P.S. I should have checked posts and seen that the source makes a habit of trying to extort free product from vendors with promises of positive reviews and threats of bad ones.

At least you acknowledged you were wrong, but must have forgot about it, thinking you misspoke in just one thread.

JakeStew said:
You have to look at why they would be selling it for so cheap and undercutting their profit margin.

JakeStew said:
A lot of resellers are drop shipping from China. That's why some of the prices have gotten so low.

Ahh, I remember this discussion.. that just because a vendor sells something for cheap, they must be selling junk or drop shipping from China. Ever consider that some vendors feel that they don't need to price gouge so much?

Just sayin'....

BTW, on topic, I feel this PT would be fine.. it's not like there aren't other PTs out there that don't have an inline battery (whether it's from China or USA).

bhima

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
I bought the USB wall adapter... under 4 bucks is damn fine for that device! Now i'll just wait till one of my battery PT craps the bed so I can justify the 5V PT!

To the poster looking for good RY4 for cheap: check rockymountainvapor.com. They sell excellent RY4 with free shipping! Get a 50ml bottle for $22! My one warning about RY4: make sure you buy 18mg strength or higher because anything lower and the taste seems rather weak to me.

proimage1

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
USA
Ordered one early Tuesday morning, got it this afternoon (thurs), been enjoying the hell out of it. Got it working on 2 different PCs and a Car charger with USB interface, but would not work on a wall charger I had since it's .5 amps.

Guess I'm buying a charger now.

Hadn't thought about using a USB car interface with it, but sounds like a great idea - I'll have to pick up one of those to use ! :thumb:

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
This looks interesting - and I don't use my PC USB anymore I got the adapter wall plug on the advice on SUn Vaporer in the experts forum. S/He said better safe than sorry to risk the PC, which i totally agreed with, so I got the wall plug and now no worries about my MB safety :thumb:
I have the PT from cignot atm - the one with the inline batt and tiny wires (lol) and so far its been fine - this new one runs attys hotter or about the same you reckon?
(Skipped all the jargon I don't understand and went into my real question)

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
This looks interesting - and I don't use my PC USB anymore I got the adapter wall plug on the advice on SUn Vaporer in the experts forum. S/He said better safe than sorry to risk the PC, which i totally agreed with, so I got the wall plug and now no worries about my MB safety :thumb:
I have the PT from cignot atm - the one with the inline batt and tiny wires (lol) and so far its been fine - this new one runs attys hotter or about the same you reckon?

Hi Capt--Glad I could help and yes you are right--it is he. Thanks my friend. LOL

Sun

sammeedog

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
NJ

I am going to stick with wall adapters. I learned the hard way Monday night. I blew out my power supply, Flash, Bang, Smoke! Scared the crap out of me. I was really crapping bricks about taking out the motherboard. We had a spare power supply, and my hubby put it in. It cranked up, but no more USB for me. My daughter was trying to steal my PT, but she will not be doing it either, she doesn't want to risk it. It could have been because my PC is older and the PS was starting fail beforehand. I don't know, and I'm not gonna risk it.

JakeStew

Oct 15, 2009
I am going to stick with wall adapters. I learned the hard way Monday night. I blew out my power supply, Flash, Bang, Smoke! Scared the crap out of me. I was really crapping bricks about taking out the motherboard. We had a spare power supply, and my hubby put it in. It cranked up, but no more USB for me. My daughter was trying to steal my PT, but she will not be doing it either, she doesn't want to risk it. It could have been because my PC is older and the PS was starting fail beforehand. I don't know, and I'm not gonna risk it.

Sorry to hear about your PS. Maybe if people would spend less time trying to pick me apart and argue that it's OK to overload a USB port to 3X it's rated power this would happen less frequently.

Instead of encouraging unsafe practices and ripping on anyone who points out obviously unsafe products we ought to be policing the industry and preventing accidents like this from giving anti-vapers the ammunition to say that e-cigs are unsafe.

Something like this could give the FTC or the FDA the authority to shut down all e-cig product imports. All they have to say is that products known to be unsafe and potentially dangerous are being imported as e-cigs or e-cig products and they will have all the support they need to shut things down. They'll just make some stupid statement about "protecting the children" and that will be the end of our little industry.

-Jake

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Never would've seen that post coming
shakingheadck8.gif

Once again, and for the last time since it's a waste of time, Jake try using some tact and knowledge in your initial postings on a subject and nobody would react the way they do to them. ;)

voltaire

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Florida
Keep trying every day to get it and the usb power thing. Both are sold out ><

Anyone have alternative sources on these two awesome prods?

There are a couple posts in this thread where people say the same PT is available from other vendors. You could try them, but I can't personally vouch for either vendor or if it is the same PT. Otherwise, I'm sure MadVapes will have them back in stock soon enough.

As for the USB adapter, as you said, I see that the Dual USB adapter is now sold out. The only other item (USB Power Supply) they have available on that site would work too. It's intended to be a power supply for various electronics like portable DVD players, and video cameras, etc., but it also has 1 USB port that would work fine for this application. The one that is now sold out was nice because it had 2 USB ports and it was small with no cords - it plugged directly into an outlet. This other one that is still available is a lot bigger and heavier, and it has two cords - one that you won't even be using usually. But the price is still right, it will get the job done, and you could possibly find it handy in the future to power some other device with one of the 5 interchangeable tips. It's actually an even better value than the one that's now sold out, it's just not as sleek and convenient for this particular use.

BTW, I don't know how that guy makes money. I bought 2 of each type USB power adaptor - four items in total. I paid him $12 total, $4 of which was for shipping. When I got the package, I saw on the label that he actually paid $8.85 to ship it to me. That means he only got a total of $3.15 for the four items. And they are actually solid looking and well built items in retail blister packaging. I almost feel guilty!

There are a couple posts in this thread where people say the same PT is available from other vendors. You could try them, but I can't personally vouch for either vendor or if it is the same PT. Otherwise, I'm sure MadVapes will have them back in stock soon enough.

I did read most of the posts, but got super distracted by 1amp 5v computer thing. I still havn't read them all but pulled this out =)

Electronicstix carries the exact same boxless PT (at least I think it's the exact same one I saw it last night on their site) They may still have some left.

They also have the old style ones with the battery.

Edit: Accessories

Tks river =)

I really liked the 2 port, I'll probably either wait for it to come back or go to frys and waste 10 buxs ><

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
I really liked the 2 port, I'll probably either wait for it to come back or go to frys and waste 10 buxs ><

Unfortunately.. this is about that ...

Hi All;
Several months ago(I believe in August-shortly after I bought by USBPass) I searched and searched the web and finally discovered this unbelievably inexpensive beauty which has become quite popular among direct connect 5V Passthru users:

USB Dual Power Adapter

Since then I've purchased several of these gems and have never had a problem with one of them. I've also received a couple of emails from the seller(Steve in Texas) thanking me for the initial recommendation and giving me inventory status updates. Unfortunately, earlier today I got this message from him:

Thank You for your recommendations. I have sold probably 800 of them, as many as 100 to one company. I only have 240 left so when they are gone so is the deal so you might want to let them know on the forum that these will be gone in the next month.

I will have the new one out in May but at a higher price and probably sold only through my distributor.

SCampbell

These really are great USB adapters at a great price, so if you want one this may be your last chance.

Neo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ...off the analogs for years!
That's too bad. I had mine for 5 months and it bit the dust. Went to buy a new one and all gone. None of my other adapters power a PT, rated up to 1a. Many are 500ma.

Is this same specific unit at Fry's? I cannot locate it. All I see are the usual suspects of up to 1a/500ma. Or worse yet, no specs at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread