*THE* (reasonably priced) 5volt 510 PT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gymmiller

Oct 19, 2009
Kissimmee, FL
I've used a 901 PT with a 901-510 adapter off-and-on for a few months now. I'd assume that this is pretty much the same as the new 510 PT's. It does seem to vape hotter. (better :))
One caveat though. The 910 PT's have a habit of sticking 'on'! :evil:!!!
This behavior seems to be more atty related than PT related. Sometimes the light stays on, sometimes it doesn't, but in either case, it can ruin your day! (I've burnt up 2 atty's and melted down 2 carts this way!)
I don't know if the new 510's will exhibit the same behavior, but it'd be good to watch out for. I've adopted the habit of holding the PT for a few seconds before I put it down.......:cool:

Neo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ...off the analogs for years!
i bought this item since you guys bought all the rest of the other! :) will there be a problem using it as it starts out at 6.5 volts? i ordered a bartleby and its wall/usb chargers but if i used this USB Power Supplies and USB Adapters
on it will there be a problem? or a 5volt passthrough?

I ordered that and got it today since the regular dual usb adapter is gone. Used it tonight with a 901 PT and no problems. It didn't explode or anything and I'm still here to talk about it.

Also, I ordered two wall adapters from Broadeals on Ebay. Supposedly they are 2a. Got those today and they are marked as such. However, they won't power the PT. I think they are trying to pass these off as 2a and they're not. I have no explanation otherwise. So avoid them. I want my $$$ back.

fishops

Feb 26, 2010
USA
Sorry to hear about your PS. Maybe if people would spend less time trying to pick me apart and argue that it's OK to overload a USB port to 3X it's rated power this would happen less frequently.

This is not how electricity works.

Devices can't "draw" more amperage than they're fed by the power supply.

If you plug a device that requires 1.5a into a port that can only supply 500ma, the device doesn't magically suck 1.5a out of the port. That current doesn't exist. It takes the 500ma and either fails to operate or operates at 1/3 capacity.

If your USB ports are blowing resistors, then those resistors are not rated for the maximum amperage supplied to the port. That's a motherboard design fault and has nothing to do with your vaporizer or anything else you plug into it.

Sorry to bring this up again, but I hate it when bad information goes unrefuted.

Just a quick warning - and it looks like some may have already experienced this;

Not all USB ports are made equal. You can damage your computer/laptop by using high powered devices. You are much better off using some externally powered usb hub for high current draw devices (such as ecigs).

Ebay is full of such things for next to nothing, although I had to spend about $40USD for a decent USB device in Australia. I'm sure its easier in Europe/USA.

I guess my point is that its better to blow a $10 gadget from Ebay rather than burn out components on your motherboard.

kalojado

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2009
Dayton, Ohio Area
Last edited:
This is not how electricity works.

Devices can't "draw" more amperage than they're fed by the power supply.

If you plug a device that requires 1.5a into a port that can only supply 500ma, the device doesn't magically suck 1.5a out of the port. That current doesn't exist. It takes the 500ma and either fails to operate or operates at 1/3 capacity.

If your USB ports are blowing resistors, then those resistors are not rated for the maximum amperage supplied to the port. That's a motherboard design fault and has nothing to do with your vaporizer or anything else you plug into it.

Sorry to bring this up again, but I hate it when bad information goes unrefuted.

Ummmmm, wow... :pop:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread