Status
Not open for further replies.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Depending on which battery you are using can make a difference in making contact as well. The firing pin has to be pushed straight down to make good contact. Sometimes depending on how I am holding it the firing pin goes kind of on an angle and not make good contact. I read in one of the threads a couple days ago about someone putting in their batteries upside down and that takes care of the problem all together.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I can feel it rubbing against the plastic as I depress it.

there really isn't any plastic around the spring mechanism, front, sides or back, if you take the case off and look inside. The only thing I can think of that could be rubbing would be the plastic button itself, rubbing against the sides of the plastic casing, right there on top. You would be able to see that, looking at it birds-eye-view from the top when you take the case off.

Make sure you press the button dead center....because it "does" have a little bit of play in it, i.e., if you press the button at the far outside instead of center it will "lean" a little bit.

MaxPerilous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Edgewood, NM
Wow was trying to read through the whole thread of the original. Got to page 110 before I realized that the original thread is 300+ pages!! Then on the last page I found the link to this thread that is 123 atm. Maybe in time I'll read it all but gaw dog that's a lot of readin!!

I started in on this venture cause I recently purchased a VMOD XL! It's shipped but still waitin on it. Maybe tomorrow or the next day I don't know. I'll let you all know how it goes. Far as I read though I'm sure I will love it.

Quick question for some updated info. These still ship with flat top bats?? I was reading posts from Jan and people were saying that they like the bats that came with it other than they were flat topped and needed a lil modding or some extra switch pressure to get it to fire. I'll find out soon either way.

The real reason I was trying not to miss posts is because I was looking for some type of pics/tuitorial on setting this bad boy up with a kick AND an 18650. My searches haven't pulled up much. Did find a video on youtube that gave me a half way decent idea but couldnt get a good view on how he wired it. He didn't have a solder gun but I'm intending to solder the connections so I want to make sure it's right before I solder the wires wrong or something.

The other thing, I did a google search for "Vapage Coupon" and found one for get this... 50% OFF!!!! AMAZING!!! Got the VMOD XL, 2 seal kits, and an extra Black sleeve all for $64.48. The code applied to my full purchase not just the mod. I should have bought stock on atties cause some people were saying (while i was reading 100s of posts) that their AMG's are right up there with the HH. 357. Not sure if I can use the same code again or not. Hopefully I can if I find I like the AMGs.

I'm an atty guy and totally set on HH 357's on my Provari. Dripping becomes somewhat of a hassle after a while though. Specially when I try to sneak in vapes at stop lights (two wheels is my main transportation) and have gloves on and a helmet. Plus I'm just scared one these day's I'm going to drop the Provari in the street and break it. The VMOD seems to be a sturdy lil device.

Anyways, have to wait on getting the kick but hopefully there are better recources than what I've found so far for doing the kick trick with 18650. I'll let you know how I find the VMOD when I get it. I've never vaped at straight 3.7 I've always had vv. I went from twists to Provari and skipped all the steps in between lol. Should be interesting to see. Happy to be a soon to be Vmodian!

Happy Vaping!

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Max, like you I was a dripper (for most of 3 years), who gave up on bottom feeding because i couldn't quite get the feeding right. B/F is just like dripping but you HAVE to know exactly how NOT to overfeed or underfeed. The skill is actually learned from dripping so eventually I got it after coming back to b/f with the XL (and a Reo), AND the better aomomizers today.... like Hybrids.

You won't have to look back much to see I am sold on Vapge AMG hybirds (1.5 Ohm and shifu). My statement is " if you use 1.5 shifu, you don't have to worry about a kick or (VV)"... kick is VW but you know what i mean.

You'll get your answers here and should love the XL either way you go.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I've got them on any of my APV's and often when i take a toke, mindlessly, I look for the numbers.... no numbers. They're that good. In fact imo they are much more consistent (easy to use); just awesome when you consider mass produced and -$.
Shifu's received.

Initial vape done.

Must confess thought you were all mad talking about them in comparison to a numbered atty.

I am happy to relate that you are not all mad. This Shifu cannot be close to breaking in yet and it is impressing me with both flavour and vape production.

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
Totally Mad!

ydege8a3.jpg

aiccucs

Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
Ohio
Shifu's received.

Initial vape done.

Must confess thought you were all mad talking about them in comparison to a numbered atty.

I am happy to relate that you are not all mad. This Shifu cannot be close to breaking in yet and it is impressing me with both flavour and vape production.

Love the Shifu attys. Bought 10 packs during this last 50% off sale.

chadster214

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2011
Left Coast!
just got some replacement bottles for the XL and noticed there is a little rubber gasket in the package....Seems to fit on the top of the bottle but should i be using it?

Didnt have one on the bottles that came with the vmod so I haven't been using one..

Anyone know what the scoop is on this?

No need to use that gasket unless you lost the one that is already inside the chasis thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread