The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Tilemahos new rebuildable part (springomizer)

Discussion in 'The GG' started by imeothanasis, Sep 25, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Marst

Marst Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2011
    Austria
  2. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
  3. Dontknow

Dontknow Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2013
    Devon
    I have the solid mouthpiece. It's 10mm.
    Looked at the gg store - it's the same item I have now, which with the taller tank is just too short to adjust - can't grip enough of it to turn it.
    There was at some time talk of a taller mouthpiece to go with the taller tank? At least I think there was?...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Then you can buy the drip tip mouthpiece and put a long drip tip with a 10mm diameter Dont. Thats a great solution. There is no reason to wait for a long solid mouthpiece !

5. Dontknow

Dontknow Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2013
    Devon
    Is there only one v2 drip tip mouthpiece? Or is there a v2+ version? I agree that'd be a solution, but I don't want to buy the wrong one, if there are different versions...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. breminator

breminator Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2014
    Duisburg, Germany
    the mouthpieces of v2 and v2+ are equal, so no worries ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. powderlounge

powderlounge Full Member

May 7, 2016
    Germany (North)
    Any way to stop the whistling of my X1 22mm? 2mm Airhole, AFC is open about 1mm. The whistling stops by 3mm and higher. :) My X1 23mm sounds not so bad.

• Like Like x 1
  8. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    its all about air that comes inside Powder. A small hole produce whistle. Its the nature of the air going inside a small hole

9. powderlounge

powderlounge Full Member

May 7, 2016
    Germany (North)
    mmmh! The edges of the Airholes - on the ring and on the base - are really sharp with some increases. The sound of The Tile is very nice! But the whistle of high tones is intolerable. Other tanks masters this even though with a tight draw. I want to lose the problem by breaking these edges. Just want to ask where I should start with first. Maybe at the inner side edges? Or at the center post even!?

• Like Like x 1
  10. powderlounge

powderlounge Full Member

May 7, 2016
    Germany (North)
    ... and my 23mm is really better!! :)

11. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    well done powder!!

Can you please repeat because I didnt understand well the issue? :)

12. Marst

Sep 12, 2011
    Austria
    [​IMG][​IMG]

My Clear Tank CNC with Wings got some small cracks at the lower thread area after only few weeks of use. (app. 8 to 10 times opened and slowly and carefully closed for rewicking.)
    Still no leaking, but if they grow it can't take very long anymore.
    Has anybody else also had this problem, and Is this a case of guarantee or do I have to reorder (incl. 14€ postage from Spain)?
    AND how can I prevent a new tank from cracking again after several weeks?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pier

Pier Full Member

May 8, 2016
  14. powderlounge

powderlounge Full Member

May 7, 2016
    Germany (North)
  15. monkkx

monkkx Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2013
    paris, abu dhabi
    I faced that issue as well with 2 tanks, despite being cautious. Both ended in plastic dust shortly after cracks appeared, so I'd suggest you get spare ones if you can. Hope Imeo will release ultem tanks soon.

16. Marst

Sep 12, 2011
    Austria
    Don't think so. Mostly peaceful fruits like apple, lychees, mango, grape etc. in 6mg.

17. powderlounge

powderlounge Full Member

May 7, 2016
    Germany (North)
    Hi Imeo,
    just wanted to say that my 23mm X1 is not whistling. My two 22mm X1 do. So maybe it's the closer Air-passage. Or maybe some sharp edges are doing that inside. I tried to break some of them with the miller but I achieved no improvement.
    Maybe someone has solved that problem already and could give me a hint on wich edge I should continue.

18. proteckt3d

proteckt3d Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 25, 2012
    Denmark
    I'm afraid you might be venturing in unknown land powder. But if you start milling the air holes isn't there going to be more air getting in after?

19. powderlounge

powderlounge Full Member

May 7, 2016
    Germany (North)
    i just try to clean it from some sharp edges. Nothing big. It's a very small "Dremel". Can't make the whole holes bigger.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ndb70

ndb70 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 19, 2014
    Florence, Italy
    Help! While cleaning my X1, I lost the center post plastic insulator (the small plastic insulator that stays between the center post and the housing). I have a bag of X1 spare rings, but the insulator is not part of them and ggstore seem to be out of stock. Anybody knows the precise dimensions (I don't have a reliable measuring instrument at hand) or if it is available anywhere in EU?
    Thanks.