Titanium wire, vaping and safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
Has anyone tried SS compared to Ti. Just curious about it. Just watched a video on the Dicodes Dani Extreme V2. Sheesh talk about adjustability. I don't care for how the menu works but pretty amazing.

i have use ss wires on my ipv mini 2,
uhm?well not too sure really if there is a difference in the vape,
but its low ohm compared to kantahl and easier to work with glows fast too

only thing i noticed ,not sure if its the wires or the modes of te vape,
on ti wires@temp mode,i get whiter clouds

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Reactions: cigatron

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
The same nation which hosts 'world series' sport leagues but only teams from that country can enter?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Steve,

I was going to stay out of this conversation but your comment forced me to think (not one of my favorite activities).

I never gave it a thought but you are absolutely right we do call our league champions "World Series winners" when they never competed against anyone but our selves.

Very strange now that you have pointed it out. :confused:

Fortunately i am not a sports enthusiast. And for an American if I had to watch a team sport I prefer Socker - "Go Figure".

druckle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Steve,

I was going to stay out of this conversation but your comment forced me to think (not one of my favorite activities).

I never gave it a thought but you are absolutely right we do call our league champions "World Series winners" when they never competed against anyone but our selves.

Very strange now that you have pointed it out. :confused:

Fortunately i am not a sports enthusiast. And for an American if I had to watch a team sport I prefer Socker - "Go Figure".
I always thought it was strange that "we" (Americans) seem to have taken Rugby which is already a pretty violent sport and modified it to make it more violent and then called it football although it has little to do with the foot other than the initial kick off and the point after plays. Now that we have a "football" sport we had to come up with another name for a sport which is all about the foot and is probably the most popular sport in the whole world. Where did the name "soccer" come from. Curious choice it seems.

On the other hand there's baseball which I suppose one could assume is a pretty profound modification of Cricket. I can see why the Americans might modify that. I've tried to watch and understand cricket and I've been more excited by a cloudy day without rain. :)

Duane

sketch804

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
20150918_141954.jpg

So What gives? This is a wick I did yesterday and it already looks like this. I thought titanium was supposed to be a lot cleaner, the wire itself was pretty clean but the wick looks like it had been there for a week plus.
Its a .375ohm single spaced Coil running between 445-490*f at 17.4J.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
I always thought it was strange that "we" (Americans) seem to have taken Rugby which is already a pretty violent sport and modified it to make it more violent and then called it football although it has little to do with the foot other than the initial kick off and the point after plays. Now that we have a "football" sport we had to come up with another name for a sport which is all about the foot and is probably the most popular sport in the whole world. Where did the name "soccer" come from. Curious choice it seems.

On the other hand there's baseball which I suppose one could assume is a pretty profound modification of Cricket. I can see why the Americans might modify that. I've tried to watch and understand cricket and I've been more excited by a cloudy day without rain. :)

Duane

Americans aren't as dumb as people think (sometimes). This is another case of us retaining the original usage of the word after the UK/Commonwealth decided to rename it. Also explains why we call our most popular team sport "football" even though it's derived from "rugby".

"The word "soccer" is actually British. It derives from the game's proper name, association football, with the "soc" bit taken from the word "association" .

The reason it came into popular usage was simple: in the 19th century, football and rugby were both commonly known as football, the former dubbed "association football" and the latter "rugby football". But both phrases are a bit of a mouthful, however, so they were popularly shortened to "soccer" and "rugger" to keep things simple."

Mystery solved: Don’t blame the Americans! The real origin of the word ‘soccer’ | The Rio Report - Yahoo Sport

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
sketch, the appearance of the wick would seem to indicate that it is not even in density on both sides. The right side, in the photo, is darker than the left which means liquid is leaking back out of the coil into it. That can be a density issue or an uneven tail issue. Don't be put off by that color, either, a quick rinse and it'll be pristine white once again.

Short answer, double check the density and make sure the tails are as even as you can possible get them. (I'm assuming that's a rayon wick by the way)

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Quite often, one side darker than the other can be blamed on gravity, how you tilt the mod when you fire it means juice can pool on the low side and not flow to the high side. Path of least resistance and all that.

And sometimes it can just be crap in the chamber (splash from the coils, condensation) getting sucked up by one (or both) sides of the wick.

Reactions: cigatron

Devlinukr

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015

Duane

Rounders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think Baseball is probably more closely related to rounders than cricket but the only place I've ever seen it played was at School.

I went to a Rays vs Marlins game in Tampa while on holiday a few years ago and even though I have no interest in baseball (or any team games tbh) I had an absolute blast and found the whole experience pretty awesome.

Baseball Stadium was like a mall but instead of shops it's just bars and food places.

Devlinukr

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
That's one thing that is universal...sports seems to go together with food and liquor on a worldwide basis.
I don't have enormous experience of the British venues but I've been to Wembley arena and the O2 a few times and once you enter the actual arena there are NO branded outlets only awful price gouging nameless bars where a beer is like 3x more than just outside the gates.

I found the US style much more of a day out experience and a hell of a lot more fun.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I don't have enormous experience of the British venues but I've been to Wembley arena and the O2 a few times and once you enter the actual arena there are NO branded outlets only awful price gouging nameless bars where a beer is like 3x more than just outside the gates.

I found the US style much more of a day out experience and a hell of a lot more fun.

Yeah, but the booze and crappy food were still there, LOL.

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
I just made a twisted 26ga coil for my STM. I can tell it's going to take some watts to fire it. Probably will decrease the battery life in my Koopor. It doesn't even turn orange on steam-engine until 80 watts.

Quoting myself because I have a question about the build I just wrapped (in my comment above). For some reason it just feels much hotter than my other non-twisted single 26 ga. build. Even at 400F, it feels like my other build did at 475. This is after letting the coil cool to room temp before I locked the resistance. The coil on my D2 is reading about 1.8Ω and on my Koopor about 1.9Ω. (or some reason those two mods typically read the resistance differently).

I am assuming it has something to do with the heat flux or heat capacity of the different thicknesses in the wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread