tube juice feeding???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
The pill fob is great, I've been thinking of those and portable ashtrays for a mod body. also, another way to go with this (if nothing else conceptually, you've already got a working model) take a dead atty, gut it except for the tube and connector to the battery, and then put a battery connector on the other end, much like you've got. I'm thinking in terms of 501's and I think you have 901's??

What you're basically talking about here is the "charging extender" that we use to run the eGo/Tornado batteries off of a standard (slow) charger. It is an atty-length piece of tubing with an atty connector on one end and a battery connector (510) on the other. You can get them for a few bucks each.

That is exactly the unit that I used when I was building the TorneGo I prototypes. Holds about 1ml.

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Aha! Cheers Scottbee. Too bad my 1st vape was from the ego, never tried a standard 501, so not aware of getting other chargers to work. Took a total stab at the capacity of the atty too, but it's starting to make sense.

I had a look at your thread again yesterday and it seemed the v2 tornego just got the charging base, hmmm.

Taking a stab, the kr808 atty?? just need a bigger tube to get the capacity up, and the cone is kinda roomy. You mentioned intensive machining necessary, and I'm guessing thats for the refilling portions, not to mention the cone itself.

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
it works and the atty itself seams to work as a flow valve. the spring to make the + connection is a good idea cos im afraid that when i twist the atty it'd move the feeding tube on the inside and mess up the wire.
it tastes funny though. could be the JB weld? maybe its the juice i used. its an old JC i had laying around... i still need to test it on the long go (for leakage and all) but im surprised that it actually worked.

reverendg

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2010
washington USA
www.themadvaper.com
im back to where i was b4 i effed up the + connection. have to seal the thing and this time i'll be using JB weld. i let go the atomizer tubing and using now a pill fob i got from harbor freight (think its the same one tinear used on BOB). im kinda skeptical about this thing actually working but at least it looks cool :2cool:

Oh wow!! I just saw this. I was in harbor freight a week ago and told my wife that that pill fob would make a cool mod, she just rolled her eyes at me and walked away. l.o.l

Now I want details mister!!:) from the very first connection to the last.
plsssss! :) I can't wait till I get my mod super kit that I bought from the swap/classified thread. I've been putting together a box full of stuff that will someday be modded.

beast775

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
victoria bc canada
sealed intakes work but only because exhausting is crucial.i hope this works o p.ive been working on a needle valve assembly with a metered float in a cart.but ive had no luck.if i was a watch maker things would be different.but just being a ice mechanic is pretty hard to put into these small parts/frustrating to say the least.interesting idea although,sometimes things just work ? :vapor:good luck.

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
its easy, man! im not good at description. i'll list the parts and you'll figure it out once you have everything in front of you.
the bottom part connector- 401 Battery Connector, Assembled (must be completely sealed, dont know if JB weld was a good idea cos it has a strong odor and i taste it even after 24 hours curing)
top part (that you screw your atty and have the feeding tubing going through)- 510 Battery Connector, Assembled, Silver
tubing (fits perfectly inside the atty)-http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/GSDRVSM?PACACHE=000000142364575
as a + connection between both connectors i'd try asdaq idea using a spring with the tubing going in the middle.

Last edited:

reverendg

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2010
washington USA
www.themadvaper.com
its easy, man! im not good at description. i'll list the parts and you'll figure it out once you have everything in front of you.
the bottom part connector- 401 Battery Connector, Assembled (must be completely sealed, dont know if JB weld was a good idea cos it has a strong odor and i taste it even after 24 hours curing)
top part (that you screw your atty and have the feeding tubing going through)- 510 Battery Connector, Assembled, Silver
tubing (fits perfectly inside the atty)- MSC Google Search Results
as a + connection between both connectors i'd try asdaq idea using a spring with the tubing going in the middle.

I ordered a whole box full of those parts++++ lots of extras,Have my soldering iron heating up already:) and I even got some regular plumbers putty as it dries rock hard , can be sanded, painted and is rated for water lines (so I think it'll be safe enough.) and my dremel finger is getting itchy, got a real nice one that will no doubt be the ultimate modding tool with the hundreds of different grinders polishers etc. and the high speed drillin potential.

I'm really getting stoked to make my first mod. stalking mailman daily.:)

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
sealed intakes work but only because exhausting is crucial.i hope this works o p.ive been working on a needle valve assembly with a metered float in a cart.but ive had no luck.if i was a watch maker things would be different.but just being a ice mechanic is pretty hard to put into these small parts/frustrating to say the least.interesting idea although,sometimes things just work ? :vapor:good luck.
well. and im a pharmacy tech :confused:
wonder what would be the best thing to use to seal this thing. is this JB taste/smell ever gonna go away? cant vape like this. :( it holds much better than other epoxies but is yucky!

Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al
tubing (fits perfectly inside the atty)- MSC Google Search Results

How about a drop of solder on the 401 connector?
So, it's pulling the juice from this automatically?
How full did you fill it?
Should I ask a few more questions?:)
Great job on this, I knew you'd get it.

reverendg

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2010
washington USA
www.themadvaper.com
well. and im a pharmacy tech :confused:
wonder what would be the best thing to use to seal this thing. is this JB taste/smell ever gonna go away? cant vape like this. :( it holds much better than other epoxies but is yucky!

pharmacy tech huh? so where do I get wholesale nic juice in quantity from the pharmaceutical co.s?

Have a freind that is a biochemist and she's looking into it for me. Any leads would be great.

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
pharmacy tech huh? so where do I get wholesale nic juice in quantity from the pharmaceutical co.s?

Have a freind that is a biochemist and she's looking into it for me. Any leads would be great.
nah! dont mess with it, reverend! just get the 100mg/ml and be happy with it!

reverendg

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2010
washington USA
www.themadvaper.com
nah! dont mess with it, reverend! just get the 100mg/ml and be happy with it!

Yea that is the safest bet, but I have been doing pretty well with diy juices.so far. even using an extremely high mg.perml. that was requested that I don't mention source.
Scubabatdans calculator made a scary endeavor a lot safer. And I'm pretty comfortable with it, particularly because my freind(well my wifes freind) is a biochemist and she has walked me through it until I no longer worry. And she checks in every once in a while by testing me for accuracy.

rather she checks my juices for mg. accuracy. If only I could afford to hire her full time to do the mixing itself.

Last edited:

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
How about a drop of solder on the 401 connector?
So, it's pulling the juice from this automatically?
How full did you fill it?
Should I ask a few more questions?:)
Great job on this, I knew you'd get it.
yeah! maybe a solder drop on the + hole and gorilla on the two side thread holes would do it... lets hope the darn thing cures for good. i filled about 2.5 mls i think. it works but needs testing yet. and one could try the battery extension. never saw one before but im afraid its sealed (cant stick the feeding tubing to it) and would have to be modified.
TORNADO-Battery-Mains Charger Adaptor x 5 Multi Pack

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
Yea that is the safest bet, but I have been doing pretty well with diy juices.so far. even using an extremely high mg.perml. that was requested that I don't mention source.
Scubabatdans calculator made a scary endeavor a lot safer. And I'm pretty comfortable with it, particularly because my freind(well my wifes freind) is a biochemist and she has walked me through it until I no longer worry. And she checks in every once in a while by testing me for accuracy.

rather she checks my juices for mg. accuracy. If only I could afford to hire her full time to do the mixing itself.
can you confirm that the pure nic is not even liquid and need to be diluted using a somehow complicated process?

reverendg

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2010
washington USA
www.themadvaper.com
can you confirm that the pure nic is not even liquid and need to be diluted using a somehow complicated process?

I have not been using "pure" nic, just a very high mg. I beleive pure nic is something like a million p.p.m. But I can certainly ask her.

the stuff I'm using is in a pg suspension.

Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al

reverendg

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2010
washington USA
www.themadvaper.com
i thought that pure would be 1gm per ml. i keep my pg 100mg nic per ml on glass vials rubber sealed filled till the top (no air). can you ask her if that helps extending the liquid life?

do you mean 1mg. per ml.? I can ask her. but the way she explained it to me the safest bet is to keep it in dark jars with nice tight screw tabs the thick glass jars. I think leaving it in flasks or vials you are taking a risk of accidental breakage, and if you go to grab one and it inadvertantly shatters in your hand and cuts you. Well let's just say that would be very bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread