Status
Not open for further replies.

reverendg

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2010
washington USA
www.themadvaper.com
Pure nic is used as rat(or some kind of) poison isn't it? Seems like I read that somewhere in here.

Check these out, 2 WaterProof Pill Holder,Fob,Pill Box,KeyChain,Drug,Urn - eBay, they have a small vial inside them.

I know I couldn't without a drill press, but you might could drill a hole in those adapters?

it may very well be rat poison in that concentrate.

And that's a pretty good deal on those pill fobs. I think they were .99 cents at harbor freight when I went their though, I'll have to check. luckily I have several reasonably close.

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
Pure nic is used as rat(or some kind of) poison isn't it? Seems like I read that somewhere in here.

Check these out, 2 WaterProof Pill Holder,Fob,Pill Box,KeyChain,Drug,Urn - eBay, they have a small vial inside them.

I know I couldn't without a drill press, but you might could drill a hole in those adapters?
http://www.harborfreight.com/small-pill-fob-94810.html
dont you have a harbor freight near you?
http://www.harborfreight.com/store-finder
if you expand the inside with a drill you could fit the TI booster with caps and all. i dont have a drill press... just dont press too hard.

Last edited:

Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al
Large Pill Fob
dont you have a harbor freight near you? if you expand the inside with a drill you could fit the TI booster with caps and all. i dont have a drill press... just dont press too hard.

I've got a couple of those, I was going to make a PV out of one, just got sidetracked. I've got a hole drilled in the top of one. It's a little off center.:) I'll have to look closer at it. I'm liking that booster in an eclipse tin with an 18650 right now.
Do a search for pill fob on Ebay, there were some kool looking ones that were pretty cheap.
There is a Harbor Freight near me... I really should stay out of that place, though. I never get only what I go in there for.:)

reverendg

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2010
washington USA
www.themadvaper.com
Have you used one of those? I've been looking hard at them for quite a while. I've never used a lathe, so I don't know how much of a learning curve is involved.

I have not used the mini ones, only full size. so I can't really speak on how well they work.

harbor freight is also dangerous place for me. definitely can't just go in for one thing. and I have a scary ten grand line of credit through them. I get cupons at least every other day. those evil temptersw:)

Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al
If you run the caps off of the end, that booster will fit in there without having to drill.:)
4646788628_1b30d21f83_o.jpg

Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al
you dont want the large one for this. this is the right one to get
Small Pill Fob
lemme see if i can fix my previous post

Ok, wish I could find some cheap surface mount caps, I saw in pic in here with them sitting on top, looked like it was made that way.

I have not used the mini ones, only full size. so I can't really speak on how well they work.

harbor freight is also dangerous place for me. definitely can't just go in for one thing. and I have a scary ten grand line of credit through them. I get cupons at least every other day. those evil temptersw:)

How hard are lathes to use with metal? I'd like to keep all fingers where they are.:)

I'm like a kid in a candy store @ Harbor Freight. I don't want a credit line like that, there... No way!:)
There used to be a real electronics store around here, also(not RS). That's another dangerous place for me.

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Great to hear this is working nicely MisterD. 2.5ml is a nice capacity, using a charger adapter for this and getting 1ml doesn't seem to compete with using a cartomizer.

Besides the $100+ for the gg afs, it seems that by design as juice seeps into the atty to keep atty fed, it would a) be hard to regulate for viscocity, and b) reach equilibrium between tank and atty and thus flood over time. Plus, laser drilling attys???

Having thought a bit more about this, with the fob, you have 3 sources of threads to adjust, counting the fob itself. I had thought of backing off the fob from the battery to let air in, but if you forgot, the juice would leak all over the battery-- not so nice, so that should probably be kept sealed.

The fob can be opened to fill, and could be left slightly backed off to let air into the system allowing each draw to feed the atty. Otherwise when filling, the spring/ tube assembly seems fiddly to get back together. Once built it would be better to keep closed and fill another way. Also, letting air in through the fobs threads and backing off the atty itself leaves the fob's lid quite loose.

I hope the JB weld cures overnight to make this more pleasurable for you, and please do tell, where is the air getting in?

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
hey, asdaq! thank you for all your inputs. you and Sci were the reason why i got back to this project.
i do think the gg afs has some sort of flow regulator but 100 bucks and being restrict to use their laser drilled atty is a hold back.
maybe the jb weld didnt cure well enough becos the tube was sealed. i have the fob opened now so hopefully it'll cure faster/better.
the air gets in from the sides of the tubing, its not a 100% tight fit, and i remove the tubing and fill the reservoir with a syringe/needle.
i wish a whole bunch of people by seeing this thread would go and try making their own. im sure if we all share our experiences and ideas we can come up with good stuff. maybe we could build an atty like this tube. reservoir bellow and ceramic cup and coil on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread