Status
Not open for further replies.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
I made one but I don't think I care for the bottom feeds. My top fed juicers are sooo full of flavor and so tasty, I can't even come close to that with this. Maybe did something wrong...

Out curiosity, did you remove the batting from the cartridge? I have been using both and I like the SUCKaTON setup better for the reason I do not have to squeeze, just ihale a little harder. Great for car use connected to a DC/DC converter :) I did not notice a difference in flavor.
Dan

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
just ordered 100' of 34, 36, and 38 gauge. Should give me something to play with
I just bought the entire stock of one CVS in Lakeland
ME ME ME!!! Oh Wait I am in Alabama, but I am still hoarding
A HUNDRED FEET?!!?? Between you and I, we might corner the atty making business!

Hoarders!!!!

BodySnatchers.jpg

Last edited:

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
Oh no !! tractor supply dont sell 16 ga. needles in the state of mass.. got to figure something else out. i picked up a couple of air tube needle tubes , like used to fill up your football.. might have to solder them to get length. will see.. santo

NY gives you a problem too, unless you go to a pharmacy where they obey the clean needle act, but those are small gauge. Order from Amazon.com, I ordered 2 packages of blunt tip and a box of syringes and they didn't give me any problems.

Last edited:

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
A HUNDRED FEET?!!?? Between you and I, we might corner the atty making business!
Well the difference was only $4 each so why not. I have 50 blunt tip needles on Luers(2 sizes), 10' stainless steel hypodermic tubing(2 sizes), and a box of 100 syringes...I tend to over do it I guess, but I learned my lesson when I was doing hv modes..Thought I only needed 1 5v regulator until overdid it while soldering and melted the damn thing.

I will never again wait until a second shipment comes in before I complete a mod at least once! :cool:

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
Out curiosity, did you remove the batting from the cartridge? I have been using both and I like the SUCKaTON setup better for the reason I do not have to squeeze, just ihale a little harder. Great for car use connected to a DC/DC converter :) I did not notice a difference in flavor.
Dan

I haven't tried a Suckaton but bottom feeders beat top feeders hands down IMO. Top feeder with clear drip tip was great but getting it to drip right down the center was a PITA.

Now Dan, if you can figure out how to make the Suckaton an automatic that doesn't activate in wind let me know, I'm trying to design a mod I can use on a jump :)

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
weell i got to put the mod on hold, no needles, they are on there way in the morning... man i got so angcious when i saw the SUCKaTON, I wanted to make one or two, i thought about it amonth ago but didnt know how to make it work, thanks to you guys , i can also duit..

YouCanDoIt.jpg

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
I made a pair of these Sucathons last week for use on my USB passthroughs when I'm at my computers here and at work. They were working like champs for the past several days until the PT at home started acting up. The LED on the end would go on and stay on midway through a draw, and I'd have to reset it constantly by unplugging the wall wart and let it sit a spell. Since there's some kind of voodoo circuitry inside those PTs that goes bonkers now and then, I decided to make use of one of my bottom-pumper box mods that I messed up when I was poking the thumb hole in it for juice squeezin'. The junk box yielded an old USB charging cable for use with an iPod, and I had a couple of spare connectors and switches laying around as well. (But I ain't hoarding) :closedeyes:. The 2AA batt box was pretty much already ventilated from a previous failed mod, so an hour later I was back in vapin' business. Pretty, it ain't, but man, does it work SO much better. When my next MadVapes order comes in next week, I'm gonna make another one to replace the unit at work. That one's gonna bite it sooner or later, I'm sure.

USB-PT_2C.jpg

USB-PT_1O.jpg

BTW, that silicone sleeve around the atomizer is a "Vacuum Enhancer" that really helps draw more juice into the atty when it starts to run low. You slip it down over the air slots, take a couple of draws, then slide it back up out of the way.

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Nice incorporation into that mod Tom, can really see how that fob compares to the AA size.

Stormi, I don't notice any difference from this and dripping either, which is quite like top feeding. I even taste the flavor coming even when juicing yet not vaping.

Santo, you got any pics? :)

santo19586

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
Saint Cloud FL
wow! the connector at the top of juice mod , the screw cap came unglued (jb weld) and is allowing air in to juice container when i draw ,now theres alot of vapor prductio, but it leaks all over now. if i seal it back up ,i might get the problem back of not feeding.

Attachments

• 0918001526.jpg
    0918001526.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

santo19586

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
Saint Cloud FL
here is some of the things i used, the state of mass. dont allow tractor supply to sell needles

Attachments

• downsized_0918001345.jpg
    downsized_0918001345.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 95
  • downsized_0918001342.jpg
    downsized_0918001342.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 0918001526.jpg
    0918001526.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 0918001337.jpg
    0918001337.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 0918001429.jpg
    0918001429.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 79

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
yeah! it does create kinda of a vacumm effect if you dont have enouth air flowing. if you unscrew a little yer atty and your fob cap you'll end up getting more of that air it needs. or you can try using a 18G tube/needle. sometimes it also depends on the juice viscosity. thats the good thing about being able to switch needles with the LED leg.
i didn't have the time to send yer needles yesterday but will do it monday. would you like me to include an LED? i see that you have the long CVS pill fob that Dan is using. do you think the LED thing can still be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread