tube juice feeding???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubo

ECF Veteran
Okay - first off, I have to say G&%@)Dam*!?"**M*....
Ouch, blood was spilled.. :)

That said, me, being me, can't follow directions too well and decided to save the pill fobs for later incarnations (hey - I'm cheap! $5 a pop!) so I took a dead cartomizer and worked with that.... Gotta say, not much fun until I decided to use a tubing cutter to rip the parts apart... Damn.. Highly recommended. First one I used to cut off the steel from the connector - second one, I used to separate the connector from the tube by cutting right on the seam.... So all in all, I learned something from yesterday....

No - I didn't finish, too many social obligations, and I know that unless this thing has a removable cap (Screw or pop off) this isn't going to be feasible - I was planning on using a syringe to fill it - but know ing me that'd be too much work to do daily... I don't want a big tube - I just want 2.5-3 ml of juice to get me through the day.

But - in theory, with a different cap (Maybe a helicoil of something) this might work....
So with out further ado, I present the Suck a Milliliter! :)

Figured that I'd post them on PhotoBucket and not clutter the thread too much!

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
Yo Bubo...
Where's the blood? 26 photos and not a drop to be seen. I'm... disappointed. ;)

There was a tip earlier in this thread concerning removing the connectors from the atty/carto shell by dipping the end in really hot water and wiggling the miserable (enter your expletive of choice) loose. Myself, I heat the end with a small butane torch and pop the connector off. 'Course, you need some kind of heat-resistant tools to grab hold of 'em (unless all that spilled blood carries heat away quickly). :D

So. How's this S-A-M working out so far?

Bubo

ECF Veteran
:) Didn't get any blood pics..... I was cursing too much.. :)
I boiled the damn things for literally 15 minutes - didn't even phase them.. That's why they ended up being cut off... I really recommend the cutting on the seam to 'pop' the tube off.. But I dunno if that was 'cus it was an old atty...

Santo - I used a 510 cartomizer, I figured that it would hold about 2ml, I think an atty would hold about 1-1.5ml..

And no; it's not done, I'm thinking that it's going to be too much of a PIA to refill - there isn't any venting. Period. Which is going to be a big problem. I used a 3/32" Brass tube for the center post, and have 1/16" tubing also, I might have to add that in as an air hole somehow....

(And I kinda like the SAM name! :lol: )

Last edited:

santo19586

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
Saint Cloud FL
my second mod

Attachments

• 0919001756.jpg
    0919001756.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 0919001754.jpg
    0919001754.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 0919001753.jpg
    0919001753.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 74
  • my new juicer.jpg
    my new juicer.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 73

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Nice mods santo, I just went dry on my mega suckaton, this is the 10ml version I made. I have vaped on this thing with out refilling for 6 days! Man this thing is working great.

I did make a SAM but the only problems I have is detecting how much juice is in it, and of course refilling it. I use a super carto for a 901 and it holds about 2.5ml of fluid. I did make a small vent hole half way down the female connector of the 510 so it is a very small hole that allows little air in, but seems to working as designed.
Dan

Attachments

• IMAG0419.jpg
    IMAG0419.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 87
  • IMAG0417.jpg
    IMAG0417.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL

Bubo

ECF Veteran
Well the envelope came in today. I'm amazed how small 100' winds down to! Hopefully I'll have some time to tinker with it this week.
:) I started futzing with mine last night.. This stuff is smaller than thread.... And obviously, I have a higher resistance strand, I couldn't get the Ohms down to less than 3... With one coil!
Needs more work/practice....

Okay, as Dan said, we should move this over to Atomizer / Cartomizer for life.... It's hard enough finding information on this board!

santo19586

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
Saint Cloud FL
ok im at it again, working on making a -SAM-, the last one i made out of a atomizer tube and i shorted out my battery (killed it), so now im going to the original SAM , out of a cartomizer, going to solder positive to post then use a tube to feed the juice instead of metal,, keep you posted,, vapin like crazy while working on it with my suckaton..(that dan and misterD showed me how to make to make ,thanks aton of vape)

mianker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2010
USA
OK, has anyone besides MisterD, asdaq or me made one? I wanna see some pics :)
Here is a pic of a second one I made, with the atomizer.
Dan

Do non-working ones count? I mean good looking just non-working, cause if they count I have one. I will probably attempt a second one in the future. It's just a bit frustrating.....especially fighting Dan for Alabama fobs.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Do non-working ones count? I mean good looking just non-working, cause if they count I have one. I will probably attempt a second one in the future. It's just a bit frustrating.....especially fighting Dan for Alabama fobs.

Stormy had the same problem, it would not work. I asked if she left the o-ring on and she said yes. I had her loosen the top some so the o-ring was loose and not squashed, then it worked. It was creating a vacumn and would not let air in. So when you vape just loosen it a hair so it gets an air flow, and when you are done tighten it so it does not leak when you put it down. Or remove the o-ring all together, that is what I have been doing. If you are not getting the atty to fire then you will need to scrap/sand the clear coat off the insde and outside threads.
BTW CVS just replenished their supply on the mini pill fobs, and then they were out :) MINE MINE ALL MINE....
LOL
Dan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread