UGH....did YOU have side effects???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went from darn near 40 years of 2 packs of analogs a day to zero. The side effects of E-vaping for me has been, I can smell and taste things I had forgotten existed, I can keep my car stereo volume lower because I don't have to have the window down to let the smoke out. I also have had the side effect of people saying to me that I don't smell like an ashtray anymore.
That's about it, though I'm certain there are more.
:)
Jim

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
It's a no-go. The wires are all intertwined in the stuffing and I trashed the whole works when I tried to pull it out.

Somebody needs to market one with hemp filling for people to drip themselves to avoid that whole polyester thing as well. Makes me wish I were an electronics whiz.

Strange. Guess you'll have to rinse it in place then - might take longer to dry out, but should still work. I guess they've done that to make sure all the liquid in the cart is used up (since otherwise it has to wick all the way from the bottom of the stuffing to the coil.)

I don't know how well hemp wicks liquids, but the teabag method works well to avoid that polyester fluff - just empty out a teabag, roll up the paper bag and push it into an empty cart spiral-end-on. Then trim it off level with the open end of the cart. It wicks really well, and avoids the danger of getting burnt polyester fumes if you vape it dry.
Of course, that only works on models with separate carts I'm afraid, so no good for your red dragon :(

providence

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
Rhode Island, USA
I've been experiencing the reverse of what many people here have experienced. The first few weeks I quit smoking and started vaping I never had more energy. I was bouncing off the walls with energy.
But for some reason in the last month I've been completely out of it. I wake up feeling drugged, my body is always a little sore, etc.

Maybe its related to some other problem, but its a weird feeling these past few weeks.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
I've been experiencing the reverse of what many people here have experienced. The first few weeks I quit smoking and started vaping I never had more energy. I was bouncing off the walls with energy.
But for some reason in the last month I've been completely out of it. I wake up feeling drugged, my body is always a little sore, etc.

Maybe its related to some other problem, but its a weird feeling these past few weeks.

Do you vape a LOT? On one hand you'd think SE's would show up before the 3 month mark. On the other hand, it could take that long for a toxic level to build....

LastStar

Apr 20, 2009
Midwest, USA
Chiming in on side effects... I've been vaping for approx. two months. After the first week, I quit analogs completely, which I was quite excited about. What I noticed initially was the typical, mild dry throat. My husband then made an e-liquid for me that consisted of a mix of PG and VG (together with nicotine and flavor)...which was less irritating to me than the PG liquid I ordered with my e-cig. Also, for the first week or so I would sometimes experience a moderate headache in the afternoon.

Looking back, I believe the headache might have been caffeine withdrawal. Due to the dry throat, combined with no longer drinking a strong flavored liquid to drown out the taste of analogs, I found I was often drinking iced water as opposed to coffee or tea. Another effect I associated with smoking cessation was skin irritation. That has now subsided completely, which may have been helped with the significant water intake, flushing toxins, etc. BP has also dropped. It was typically 140/90...now around 128/82...which was a nice surprise!

The tea bag as cart filling intrigues me...I plan to try that!

EdgarH

May 6, 2009
Melbourne, FL
I used to smoke, and I stopped due to health issues. However I'd find myself picking up a cigarette every now and again to calm my nerves, even though it'd make me sick. So I got an E-cig, and I haven't gotten the nicotine buzz, but feel somewhat at ease.

Getting used to "vaping" it irratated my throat, if not burned, and the feeling of liquid in my lungs, not so good. Is it absorbable? safe? I'm taking a break for now. I'll try vaping again later.

kr0nicle

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
a

providence - i read somewhere on here that vapor turns to lactic acid in your lungs - and what i learned in the army is that after a hard workout lactic acid builds up in your muscles - making you sore. this can be easily counteracted by staying properly hydrated!!

hope this helps!

FisherPal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2009
Campbell River, BC
Okay, people ... is it only me who has experienced this one particular side effect? When I first started vaping, I was only into it for a couple of weeks. Ran out of pre-filled carts and my supplier had closed down. Wasn't sure exactly which model my penstyle was so didn't know what to do. Got some juice, tried re-filling (not good), tried dripping (REALLY not good), thought I burned the only atomizer I had so ordered another ecig. In the meantime, went back to analogs while I waited. Got my new ecig and started vaping pretty hard again.

This particular side effect has hit me both times I really got into the vaping. I'm talking here about ... well ... about ... a particularly odoriferous side effect. Like "I can't get away from MYSELF fast enough!" odoriferous-ness. It's freaking awful! Nothing I've ever eaten, no illness I've ever had has ever had this particular ... pungency to it.

Fess up, people! Has NO one else had this kind of side effect? Please tell me I'm not alone!

fishhawk

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Denver, Colorado
This particular side effect has hit me both times I really got into the vaping. I'm talking here about ... well ... about ... a particularly odoriferous side effect. Like "I can't get away from MYSELF fast enough!" odoriferous-ness. It's freaking awful! Nothing I've ever eaten, no illness I've ever had has ever had this particular ... pungency to it.

Fess up, people! Has NO one else had this kind of side effect? Please tell me I'm not alone!

You mean gas? For many folks, cigs and nicotine has a direct affect to their digestive activity. If there's been a change in your "goings", then you might need to add fruit and fiber to keep things regular. Your body gets used to the cigs as a crutch to help things along. After a short while (and supplemented diet) your body will adjust back to "regular" if you catch my drift.

moonlight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Almost ALL the side effects I have seen people list ARE listed as nic withdrawal symptoms. It bothers me that the PV gets blamed! lol

Nicotine Withdrawal Symptoms

• Cravings to smoke
  • Irritable, cranky
  • Insomnia
  • Fatigue
  • Inability to Concentrate
  • Headache
  • Cough
  • Sore throat
  • Constipation, gas, stomach pain
  • Dry mouth
  • Sore tongue and/or gums
  • Postnasal drip
  • Tightness in the chest

I've been vaping a week...but I've quit analogs several times before so I'm familiar with the withdrawal...but the one thing that's been bugging me most is the chest congestion and tightness. The first couple days I didn't have any, but now it's BACK.

I've realized though, that I haven't been drinking much water and too much coffee, so I'm hoping it's just dehydration. Going to start remedying that today and hope that symptom eases off a lot. As we speak, I feel as though I have a terrible chest cold, but no coughing :(

Last edited:
I've been vaping a week...but I've quit analogs several times before so I'm familiar with the withdrawal...but the one thing that's been bugging me most is the chest congestion and tightness. The first couple days I didn't have any, but now it's BACK.

I've realized though, that I haven't been drinking much water and too much coffee, so I'm hoping it's just dehydration. Going to start remedying that today and hope that symptom eases off a lot. As we speak, I feel as though I have a terrible chest cold, but no coughing :(

I had a similar response early on, although not quite as bad as your's sounds. Since you quit smoking, your lungs are probably starting to expell years of tar build up. It did go away for me after a short while.

I do think you're right about drinking enough water, though. We need the fluids to flush out all the crap that we've all absorbed.

All these SE's are kinda scaring me now. I do smoke everyday but maybe about five cigarettes a day if that and I do smoke a lot more when I'm drinking. Would you still recommend that i try this if I don't smoke packs a day?

I'd go ahead and try it, especially if you want to quit smoking. 5 a day is not bad, but I guarantee it'll be more in a couple of years.

Most of what people experience from vaping is a result of detoxing from all the crap that came from smoking.

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
All these SE's are kinda scaring me now. I do smoke everyday but maybe about five cigarettes a day if that and I do smoke a lot more when I'm drinking. Would you still recommend that i try this if I don't smoke packs a day?

Hi MaMaStarZ!
I guess we all listen carefully to our bodies when we change even partially to vaping. Since we all do that differently it's hard to generalise. In my own experience, there were only a couple of the tobacco quitting symptoms as in the post above.

I'd say rehydrating is a good idea, perhaps with an electrolytic drink, like gatorade/sports drinks to avoid any dryness in the mouth or throat. Coffee can be a nuisance because it can cause dehydration if you have too much.

Also I'm afraid the gas is quite a frequent but as far as I know temporary thing - something to laugh about, anyway!!

Getting rid of the tar and getting taste and smell back are marvellous things though!

Happy Vaping,

:)

C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread