USA Manufactured PV (From CaSH and Friends)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
yup 800 for the UK market and 200 for you guys ;)

Better make it 810 for the UK. I want ten. :p
The USB Passthru looks very good as well.
Big plus for me is it's Penstyle. :thumbs:

I'm sure your Atomiser will be great. The Chinese invented the Rocket but you Americans where the first ones to put one on the Moon.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Something that may have been overlooked, Cash, if your looking for longevity of your product, make sure that the switch your using will be able to handle up to 3amps of power. Most of your tactile switches only handle .5 amps at 12 volts.

That's something you may want to pass along to your builder. This will ensure that your switch lasts a long long time.

The only thing I truly hope for, is the fact that the ability to mass produce this item is at a reasonable price. I know several people that will buy this if the price is right will buy more than one. These same people have not purchased any of those others due to their price.

Thanks Khandurian ... will definitely double/triple check specs on everything :)

Btw I love the button design with the raised protection. Very inovative and awnsers a true need.

7.2 V? Is this a clue to the durability of the first American atty? MORE POWER :D I don't think any other attys will take that much voltage without going poof.

Perhaps ... actually capable of up to 7.4v, although, atty's might not taste that great, and will burn like the morning sun :D We have found that roughly 6.0v is ideal for Pens. 7.4v, does allow us to make the coil that much bigger, so yes, it could be an indication!

So how much of a discount are you offering to the people who voted for Mrs. CaSH for Miss ECF?

Good question, may have to talk to the wifey to find out ;)

I'll buy it if it's 75 dollars or below. Should also have the option to provide OUR OWN battery's for a better discount

We were thinking about a bare bones kit ... we may make that a reality .. :)

So are you guys saying the 901 attys aren't going to work on the Prodigy? I just know I had huge problems with the 4075's just on a passthrough with a Kensington. Four went "poof" in a week.

nope, they will work, I just don't suggest trying them at 5v+ They do best in the 3.5 - 5v range. Anything more and they get very hot very fast ...

This new atomizer is really what I'm interested in. I think this is the main thing that could be improved tremendously with the ecig. I would gladly pay more for a better built one that could produce better vapor and not burn out as often. Is there any more info you can give us on this Steve?

No info at this point green. Still trying to source materials, and lots of trial and error will go into it before it becomes a reality.

have we got a price yet,
for prodigy and USB.

I need to know how many I am going to buy,
will depend on the price of course,

races off to smash the piggy bank and
count all the pennies !!!!!

Di ........

Haha, no price yet Di. Did you check your thread I just posted on?

Momof3

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Midwest, USA
Okay, I'm thoroughly confused now. I already know I want one, but not sure if this is a buy one and get adapters or are we talking several different models?

I have 801, 901 and 510 atomizers on hand today. So can I buy 1 Prodigy (801) and 2 adapters (901/510) and use 1 Single 18650 when using the 901 and 510 atomizers and 2 RCR123a Batteries when I want to use an 801 atomizer? Or would I need to buy 2 Prodigys and 1 adapter. One for the 801 atoms and one for the 901s and a 510 adapter? And when your atomizer comes out, would I just need a new adapter or are we talking about a whole other Prodigy unit?

ETA: Also will the adapters be available for pre-order at the same time or will they be an available later item?

Last edited:

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
PureSmoker.com and E-Cigs.co.uk would like to announce the following:

PRODIGY V1

ProdigyFinal1.jpg

Questions? ... Feel Free To Ask!!!

Can it trim nose hairs too?

product_thumb.php

product_thumb.php

Ahh, just kidding ;-)

Gotta admit, they look a bit similar, lol

Best wishes for your new product Cash & co !

--Randy.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
901 atty's and smaller, yes. All atty's will run hotter, smaller ones with smaller coils tend to taste burnt. 6.0v+ should really only be used with a DSE801/RN4072 or Similar. 3.7v is ideal for smaller atty's. Although not as *hard hitting* it still does quite well.

exactly ... :) ... couldn't have said it better myself KoS

I have test the whole thing for 2 months and I am afraid that this is not right, sorry. If you feed it, the 901 has a wonderful taste. Exept you are talking for your atomizer:)

And kgonepostl thanks a lot for the support.:)

Last edited:

rinkusu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2009
Seattle, Washington
Couple questions:

The usable batteries:
* (2) RCR123a Batteries (3.0-3.7v -- 400mAh-1200mAh)
* 1 Single 18650 (3.7v 2200-2600mAh)

Why would one use one type instead of the other (what are the pros / cons of each?

Also, will there be any sort of indicator LED for when the battery(s) needs recharging?

Bruceslog

Mar 1, 2009
Indiana
I had a feeling you were working on your own USA built PV, Steve.
You were just being too quiet for a few months.

I'm really glad that you're able to pull this off.
A great market, great timing, and a great product, being built by a great team.

Congrats, and Thank You, at the same time :)

BTW, in your first post, you asked if anyone wanted other adapters for the Prodigy.
I have a suggestion, I'd like to be able to fit my Bada Bing vaporizers to this unit, which might also cover other e-Cigars as well, I think ?
Is that a possibility ?

Well, Congrats again, I hope for the Best in your endeavor, and Way to Go !

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
One thing the "PS Prodigy v1" or what I like to call the "Phallic Steel" (SD= "Schlong Dong", GG= "Greek Genitalia", and billyboy689's batt. mod can be called the BB= "Big Boto", lol) is that the "PS" has a button that's not jutting out like a sore thumb.

I think it looks slick. :D

I like WHERE you put the button. Very nicely placed and easy to use.

I'm pouting cause I have to wait for a couple runs to get a pink one. I can't afford 2 different colors...but I wish you glorious success!

When you start to work on the atomizer, something Sun said sticks in my mind.
After dissecting a dead one, he said something like "if the wires were longer and bent before soldering, the coil wouldn't have been pushed away and it probably would have never failed" (I'm probably not even close to actual wording)

A dependable atomizer is my dream :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread