Vape in Public

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raguri

Jan 19, 2013
Southampton
Well, as I said. I ended up pointing out a member of rail staff and telling him to complain to him about it as he was blocking my route onto the train (by which time, i'd turned it off) and he walked in the other direction.
However, today I did have a lovely conversation with someone who wanted to know more about my Vamo after his close friend was diagnosed of lung cancer, and that had given him the reality check about smoking he needed. So, I explained as well as I can (I'm still new to this to be honest!) and even let him have a quick try with the spare tank I had and he said he'd look into it. So that did make me pleased that i'd managed to (hopefully) help someone.

hawley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
www.youtube.com
I'm not ballsy enough to vape in a restaurant yet, so out of courtesy to non-smokers/vapers a like, I took my V2 outside with me. I heard one of the strangest comments to date. One of the restaurants patrons was outside enjoying an analog, and eyeballing me as I was vaping. He decided to warn me to be careful with E-Cigs as you can get fluid in your lungs. I was a little baffled and responded at least it wasn't tar in my lungs. Than he laughed and said he'd stick with his tar because he doesn't want to drown.

I didn't really know what else to say... so I just continued to vape away lol

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
I'm not ballsy enough to vape in a restaurant yet, so out of courtesy to non-smokers/vapers a like, I took my V2 outside with me. I heard one of the strangest comments to date. One of the restaurants patrons was outside enjoying an analog, and eyeballing me as I was vaping. He decided to warn me to be careful with E-Cigs as you can get fluid in your lungs. I was a little baffled and responded at least it wasn't tar in my lungs. Than he laughed and said he'd stick with his tar because he doesn't want to drown.

I didn't really know what else to say... so I just continued to vape away lol
Obviously, you encountered a smoker with no intentions of quitting.
To save face ... they laugh and refuse to listen ... they somehow
know they don't know all the facts ... they don't want to hear the truth.

When encountering a smoker with an attitude
Just smile ... don't try to educate or convert them.
Sometimes not trying to "Sell" the truth...Makes them curious !!
:p

Last edited:

MaDeuce

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Auburn, OH
I vape in public. Why just the other day I was at the local mall to purchase a birthday gift and while I was walking down the concourse of the mall I pulled out my Ego-C and took a couple of toots, well wouldn't you know this woman comes up behind me, smelling like cigarettes by the way, and tells me that there is no smoking in the mall. Without breaking stride, I turned my head, looked at her and said "Yes, I know" and kept on walking. Now one would assume that since you couldn't smell cigarette smoke and the substance emanating from my gob was dissipating rapidly instead of lingering and trailing out behind me that it would be pretty obvious that I was not smoking. I didn't try to explain to her what it was because her attitude was somewhat lacking and she didn't seem very interested anyway. My point is this, when I vape in public I'm not doing anything wrong nor am I breaking any laws. I have had people give me the third degree about vaping, in a good way and I do my best to try and give them the knowledge I have, both personal and factual.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Without breaking stride, I turned my head, looked at her and said "Yes, I know" and kept on walking.
1-ThumbsUp_zpsc134b2bb.gif

earleyj85

Feb 8, 2013
San Marcos, TX
I vape in public whenever I am out. Especially out at a little get together or bar. I knew since I started vaping that this was the best way to quit and the only way that worked for me. When I did some research I found that wholesale was the way to go in order to get the product into questioning minds hands. The very first time I was at my buddies get together I walked outside with the rest of the smokers and started vaping! Within all of 5 seconds I was running my little 2 min commercial and had several people asking me where to get them. The BEST answer was "I sell them through this great company! I have several little starter kits if you really want to try it." Since my first wholesale order I haven't been able to get stock in quick enough. So I ALWAYS vape in public. Can't tell you how many times I've had people walk up and ask me about them. Granted, I use a smaller battery and a CE3 carto so they look like an analog cig and I don't look way out of place when I go out with the smoker groups. I hated smoking... but I LOVE vaping and want to convert as many people as possible!

PondScum

Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Omaha,Nebraska USA
A lot of people on ECF are educated some make "how to" vids. Has anyone made an educational vid about Vaping? Something that can inform the public at large and make it likable product. Let's face it, "spin" has a lot of effect on the public, if something is made soon then later then we leave the door open to be quick victims to the same busy body types that swooped in on communities from out of state to change the smoking laws. I also hate the term e-cigarette, it's like we still equate vaping as smoking, when clearly its not. I vape openly and have been guilty of being rude to someone when they say something. Ok so Im not the best educator or poster child, but I would pay the 15 bucks to buy cards to hand out with facts and or a link to a PSA vid that would explain what I am doing. In my mind Im doing nothing wrong or illegal and I refuse to allow some Joe Shmoe to step up and make me feel as if I am. It's not my job to educate them, but I would if I have some solid facts and a lil razzle dazzle to do so. I swear like a trucker when I talk and it would be just easier and more satisfying to be able to provide a quick info card and walk away.

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
I have to say as a new vapor it is a bit uncomfortable to vape in public. Even though what you're doing is perfectly legal , it still feels against the norm. Also when I do vape in public I use a very user friendly eGo C twist with a tank that can look a bit sketch to certain people.

Do I kind of get a kick out of educating people or shocking people (yes I do lol) and welcome any kind of confrontation good or bad. But in the same breath I don't want to be an a-ss about it and push my habit on people who clearly look uncomfortable and try and show a bit of respect, usually you will get a bit back in return.

If more of us did this on a regular basis , than more people would not look so shocked and naive about the subject. I forget who came up with the idea of a business type card with info on it, but it's a pretty good idea. It may even increase their business, since it is free advertising.

my two cents.

I've been vaping for about 6 weeks now, yesterday I celebrated 1 whole month of being analog free! (still haven't figured out why we call them that...) and I live in a coastal community. When I went downtown for the St. Patty's Day parade last month, I counted substantially MORE people vaping, than smoking. I'd say probably 50-60% of them had egos on lanyards, and were obviously quite new to vaping, evidenced by the quizzical looks they gave their own devices from time to time. I have the great benefit of being good friends with my B&M store owner, and I text him questions all the time, I wouldn't say I'm an expert by any means, but I do know a good bit more about the products and process than the average noob :) Some friends of my friends also had egos, when I pulled out my X6, jaws dropped. Everybody crowded around and wanted to know more about it. We sat by the river listening to Irish music, drinking green beer and talking shop about ecigs, with me playing the role of teacher. This was no small gathering, there were literally thousands of people on River St. and I'd wager I saw a few hundred ecigs that day. I vape all day in my office, but my door faces the main building entrance, so when I hear the chimes, I put it away out of courtesy to the uneducated. My boss doesn't mind at all that I vape indoors, she's proud of me for quitting. I do ask permission at bars and restaurants, because that's what we do in the South, but I've never been told that I couldn't vape. I'm still quite new to this, so time will tell if that holds true, but so far so good, and my KTS with AGA-T should be arriving on Friday!!! Soooooooooo Stoked!!!!!!

boshans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
New York, USA
When I first started vaping a month ago with a Blu, I was vaping it in the mall while my girlfriend was in a jewelry store forever. So I was sitting outside the store vaping away, and no one even gave me a second look. I don't know if it is because there used to be a ecig kiosk in the mall or not, or because I am in NY and people don't give a .... here, but it was pretty awesome. Obviously the Blu doesn't produce nearly as much vapor as my ego does now, and it dissipates much faster, so people obviously knew it wasn't a real cig. Haven't had a chance to vape my ego in public yet really, only in my car as of now, since I work from home and don't really go anywhere. But I really want to.

Crazyinariz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
Tempe, AZ
Howdy!

I worked 2 bike week events a few weeks ago, (I'm an 'Event Security Supervisor') and at both Buddy Stubbs event and Chesters event I saw several e-cigs. Mostly 808 cigalikes and Egos from what I saw, but it's nice seeing more people vaping. Since getting my Vamo V2 I vape exclusively with it topped with a vivi nova wether I'm at home or out and about and I'm finally getting more people coming up asking 'what mod is that?' instead of the 'W.T.F. is that?'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread