Vaping Use Prompts Trump Administration to Weigh Flavored E-Cigarettes Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Read that statement again. I suspect it's somehow an error, either Mr. Azar put goofed or the reporting journalists did. ALL our vapes are considered "tobacco products" by the FDA.

Somehow, I don't think they're just going to go after flavored non-tobacco (cannabis?) vapes?
    There is no reason to think they will do any less then Michigan becomes first state to ban sales of flavored e-cigarettes.

She going after flavored nicotine products. For now until the state legislators writes the bill.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 10, 2015
    USA
    Been doing that since the regs first dropped. Don’t forget to buy nic and juice making supplies.
    I'm out of luck because I live in a nursing home now and they don't allow diy here. I guess I could try to order supplies at my last address (it's a long story) and maybe diy there, if I can.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

• Optimistic
    Reactions: stols001

Puff2K

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 10, 2015
    USA
    Do you have friends or family that could mix for you? Do you have a recipe for what you like? I am sure some of us could mix for you, if you wanted.
    That's really kind. I could maybe just make simple one-flavoring juice, I think. The nicotine base is what worries me because I don't know if there's a working fridge or freezer there anymore.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

• Optimistic
    Reactions: stols001

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2019
    London

11ECIGARETTES2-articleLarge.jpg

From left, Dr. Norman Sharpless, the acting F.D.A. commissioner, Melania Trump, President Trump and Alex M. Azar II, the health and human services secretary, discussing flavored e-cigarettes in the Oval Office on Wednesday.

Why is the President's wife in the room?
    Why do those two chumps have lamp shades on their heads.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Yes, and I think all of us are. Actually, I've been thinking of asking for cigarettes lately here. They make me go outside with the smokers for vape breaks. The second hand smoke is very irritating, and my clothes, hair, etc get stinky as if I were already smoking again. It's like I never quit. So I was actually thinking of getting a pack of cigarettes just in case. It's easier not to think of it with working vape supplies, but now I'm thinking of it more.
    Yes... look at my new post:
    It's called "social engineering"

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Human beings are so stupid (especially the one in the White House).
    None of those idiots will even consider what happens when you ban something so widely used.
    Creeping Volstead Act 2.0 anyone?
    Criminal enterprises popping up out of nowhere to fill the void (and the crime that is precipitated as a result).
    If they think Flavours are dangerous now (they aren't), just wait.
    If they thing things are unregulated now, just wait.
    If they bothered to look, they would see that Vape Juice Manufacturers are one the the best Self - Regulated groups out there.
    Folks losing their Businesses and the Folks employed by them losing their Jobs - I do hope they remember that when 2020 rolls around.
    As for these Kids.....Parents need to stop expecting everyone else (the Schools, the Cops, the Celebrities, the Neighbors, the Internet ect.) to instill Morality and Common Sense into their Kids - THAT IS THEIR JOB AS PARENTS.
    I'm so sick of Parents that use their Kids to bludgeon everyone else.
    And they wonder why Kids are increasingly becoming unwelcome here and there.
    Diito! Double double Ditto ditto!! (I got a little excited)

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2019
    London
    What was that famous thing where someone threw a pie at a politician... can't recall at the moment?

Dunno about the pie. We recently had a few milk shakes thrown at politicians during walkabouts. Believe it or not the police in one town were actually asking staff in MacDonald's not to sell milk shakes during a forthcoming demonstration where some politicians would be speaking. It's a mad house I tell ya.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    What was that famous thing where someone threw a pie at a politician... can't recall at the moment?

I couldn't remember so I googled it. It's been happening for a long time. Custard pies in the UK, cream pies in Europe. Mostly politicians but just recently an airline executive got pied. Not so common in the US.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 4, 2015
    Ocala, Fl
    You should be doing that now, not later. Later might be too late.
    LMAO! A whole 5 posts before the Stock Up Now! The Sky is Falling! Alarmists came out with their weeping and gnashing of teeth.
    I might have thought they would have learned Something from the idiocy that was the rabid, foaming at the mouth, deeming stock up now lunacy.
    Wondering if the same ban happy gestapo agent will thump me for This post too.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl-#KeepingMyEyesPeeledForTheMassGatheringOfTHOUSANDSOfNewFDAConfiscationAgentsWhoNeverWillBe

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    So, we quietly boost our personal e-cig stock in juice and hardware in anticipation of a ban on vaping. It's sad that our government doesn't recognize the future medical savings from urging smokers to quit burning tobacco and switch to vaping. We can't prevent people from tainting vaping by doing ridiculous things like vaping illegal drugs and other street concoctions in their vapes.

As others have said, vaping is the key to getting America off the smokes, but it will eventually cause a reduction in tobacco companies' ability to pay the states their due under the tobacco tax settlement unless they switch over to vape devices as their lead products. Maybe the tobacco companies have set aside the necessary funds in an account for payoffs.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread