VaporShark rDNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdreynss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
oklahoma
So I received my Vaporshark rdna40 a couple of weeks ago....and it's been great..... But something has not seemed right. My Vaporshark has been in a bad mood......moping around...... Just being sad and temperamental. It took me awhile to figure it out..l..l but then it came to me.

My Vaporshark was lonely.....it makes perfect sense...... A dna40 device without a friend is a lonely dna device indeed.

So yesterday.... Purely to keep my Vaporshark company.... I went and got him a friend. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 90

oDANo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2013
VA
Here's some clarification if you do plan to purchase a VS rDNA40 from classifieds, or anyone. Though the warranty is not transferable, you will be able to get your VS corrected if you have board issues, button issues, etc, paint is not covered sadly.

Hello,
Im sorry, we do not repair paint issues.
As far as the board, we do not have a service as of yet for the rDNA40, but we will soon.
The board is an extra charge besides the $25 usually $80-$100 for the board alone.
Any other small part and labor will be included in the $25 fee.
So, yes you may get it repaired.
We are working on a rDNA 40 repair service, it may be up soon on our website.
Thank you.
Mike

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Is there a way to test a nickel build without having a DNA40 device? Just to see if I'm on the right track? My junky ohm meter appears to be on the fritz, and I don't even know if either of my 30 or 50 watt Chinese box mods will read such a low resistance.

Apologies if this has been addressed already. :oops:

RamShot Rowdy

Battery Police
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
After my tracking info showed Pre-Shipment for 2+ days I finally called VS. I got disconnected while waiting for the rep to talk to the shipping department, but did get an email minutes later from him. He gave me a new tracking number which he said was the correct one. Shows to be a priority 3 day package that left Miami post office on the 6th. I can't tell where its going, but it says it should be delivered tomorrow. Wait and see I guess.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
all i have to say is wow. its tinier than i expected. and really does have a solid hefty weighted feel to it. it actually feels heavier than my solara dna30, the finish is real nice and smooth like the old joyetech ego's sort of like a silky rubbery feel on the rdna40. its so small in fact, the 30ml bottle of free eliquid that came with it is taller than the rdna40. the form factor is absolutely perfect and the weighted feel really does make it feel quality and not cheap as others have mentioned. I am just really surprised how small it is compared to what i thought it was.

I am loving every aspect of it right now, given I just took it out of the box :laugh: we will see how this dna40 board does in the upcoming days!

my solara dna30s has a new teeny friend! notice how the eliquid bottle is taller than the tiny vaporshark :laugh:

Ws2q5Nx.jpg

2nd edit: already found one downside im going to have with the vaporshark, having to til it or raise it above my head constantly to see the screen. i have the tendency to overdrip in the juice wells on my RDA's and i am getting some leaking when i tilt it to look at it, guess i gota get used to raising it up to see it with an atty on.

Last edited:

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
is temperature sensing something i have to enable/disable? or it enables when you connect nickel wire, and disables when you connect kanthal? because on this new screen it is showing resistance, voltage, and 450F, but when i fire it the temp goes away, but comes back and displays 450F constantly when i dont fire. seems to vape well.

yoitstj

Verified Member
Aug 12, 2014
Albany, NY
is temperature sensing something i have to enable/disable? or it enables when you connect nickel wire, and disables when you connect kanthal? because on this new screen it is showing resistance, voltage, and 450F, but when i fire it the temp goes away, but comes back and displays 450F constantly when i dont fire. seems to vape well.

its usually automatic but there have been a couple of times i had to turn temp off and back on for it to recognize nickel build. but it should be automatic.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ

You can turn TP on or off. When it's on and you put a kanthal build on it, it will revert to voltage. When you put on a ni200 build, it will go back to TP mode. You don't need to turn it off to use kanthal.

Alice....if you think the rDNA40 is small you should see the DNA30!!

rDNA40 and DNA30
DSC_2208_zps20e6f304.jpg

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
now that i know how big a rdna40 is, that dna30 looks so puny. I dont think i would find it comfortable to use it may be too small and awkward feeling

i am so amazed on the finish of the vs rdna40.... i keep finding myself rubbing my fingers around on it when i grab it to take a vape.. :laugh:

I have sz LG glove hands and it's almost too small but it's a great device. It's perfect for when I go out on errands, though I take whichever has the flavor I want lately. The finish is the same rubbery-smooth finish as on the rDNA40. I wanted a black or grey sharkskin but they didn't have it so I went with blue. It definitely helps make the DNA30 feel a bit better. I love both of them and they compliment each other perfectly.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
I guess its time to start actually looking into nickel builds and doing some research so i can get the most out of this dna40

Yay good luck!!!

My only advice would be to be patient :)

(A drill for twisting wires would make life a lot better too IMO)

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread