Status
Not open for further replies.

TravTech

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2012
PA
I watched a Youtube review of this mod and I must say that you're not the only one experiencing problems with the devise, Mickey.

The reviewer actually had more significant problems with not being able to use certain 2.0 ohm cartos and then just had the whole thing fail for a day and then work the next??

Bizarre to say the least....

Wrong device. He's actually using a "Vision Gripper" (same as an Ovale V6) in that review. :laugh:

Even the V8 is better than that old thing.

Last edited:

prometheus

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Pittsburgh PA
I got my VV gripper in last Wednesday and so far I have been loving it. While it doesn't have the precision and quality of my Provari, it does perform very similar at about 1/3 the price. The battery door it a bit hard to open but that's no big thing. Last night I did have a problem with the button getting stuck and staying on. I just pressed it a few times real quick and it went off. That and the fact that the fire button seems to respond slowly and feels cheap are the only problems I have had with it. I also have had a heck of a time getting the DCT filled with out it draining right out the bottom but that is more an issue with the DCT and not the VV gripper! At this price you cannot go wrong ordering one!

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA
USPS tracking is inaccurate and inconsistent. I've had packages that *never* showed a status update for several days and then boom, it was in my mailbox. I've had packages that showed "delivered" then arrived 3 days later. Simply put, don't trust USPS tracking info. It'll drive you nuts. FedEx and UPS are fairly accurate but USPS tracking is out in the twilight zone. It'll get here when it gets here. That's my motto.

I think USPS tracking is only as good as the people scanning the boxes. I live in the NE, and order a lot of stuff that comes from the south. I find my USPS tracking is very inconsistent until my pkg hits the NE, then tracking is great. I love the USPS, esp when you consider that UPS and Fed Ex cost about 4 times as much as USPS, and don't really provide better service, at least in my area. UPS once left a signature only delivery (an Apple computer with a big shiny pic of the computer on the box) sitting on my porch directly across from the main entrance to a high school. At least they didn't throw a computer monitor over my fence. :)

evilferret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Flushing NY
Witch Aw imr if you have button top should be fine i can use mine 1600 & 2000mah no problem.

Hope I get a good one I guess.

Another member posted earlier that his wouldn't work without a spacer.

What are the spacers called at radio shack? Magnetic spacers? Guess I can make a drive out.

evilferret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Flushing NY
It wasn't on mine. I couldn't get any battery to work without a magnet. With a magnet, I prefer the Panasonic flat tops to the AW IMRs. The battery door closes better.

Hey sorry to bug you but can you link me to which spacers I need?

Do I need the ones that look like a penny spacer or the nipple one? Don't have any on hand and don't want to take a risk that my batteries don't fit.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Hey sorry to bug you but can you link me to which spacers I need?

Do I need the ones that look like a penny spacer or the nipple one? Don't have any on hand and don't want to take a risk that my batteries don't fit.

Not sure I can help. I got a whole stack of them on ebay some time ago. I think these are the ones.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
It wasn't on mine. I couldn't get any battery to work without a magnet. With a magnet, I prefer the Panasonic flat tops to the AW IMRs. The battery door closes better.

All the 18650's I have work without a magnet. Ive tried the Panny CGR with and without button, AW IMR button top and a generic flat top. Even the protected ultrafires work but I wouldn't use them except in an emergency being as it stresses the battery compartment door.

Last edited:

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
All the 18650's I have work without a magnet. Ive tried the Panny CGR with and without button and a generic flat top. Even the protected ultrafires work but I wouldn't use them except in an emergency being as it stresses the battery compartment door.

I remarked earlier that I seemed to be the only one that had this problem. It may just be mine.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I remarked earlier that I seemed to be the only one that had this problem. It may just be mine.

I just got mine today so I jumped in at the end of the thread, That is strange yours doesn't work without a magnet. I've heard of problems with using magnets so I'm a little leary using one on a battery. I guess it depends on the type of PV and battery you use it with.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I just got mine today so I jumped in at the end of the thread, That is strange yours doesn't work without a magnet. I've heard of problems with using magnets so I'm a little leary using one on a battery. I guess it depends on the type of PV and battery you use it with.

The only problem would be in a metal mod where it might possible for the magnet to shift and ground out against the side. That's not an issue in a plastic box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread