Very excited to ask this question!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtbje

Jan 2, 2019
Texas Hill Country
Hi friends!! The vaping magic is taking hold, and I have gotten so much great support and recommendations from you guys I wanted to ask a few things.

Background in case you haven’t seen my other threads...just quitting smoking, was given a Kanger SubTank and toptank and not happy with it, didn’t hit hard enough to satisfy cravings. Bought a smok Novo and some nic salts and that did the trick.

I’m carrying the Novo everywhere and very nervous because I’ve heard and read bad things about their longitivity and quality, but I really like the way it feels when using it. Does that mean I’m a MTL vaper or a DL vaper? Aaaand if I was going to upgrade my device, what should I get? Lots of you said in one of my other posts that an Innokin with a Zenith tank would be the way to go, is there a more portable less fussy type like that? I’m not looking for a pod system, but don’t think I’m ready for lots of options and rebuilding coils and such. I attached a picture of the style and size I’m thinking of, but I don’t know if the whole MTL/DL applies and which one to choose. Just so you guys know I do not care one bit about colors or trends, just want something that I can manage that will keep me as happy as I am now.

I hope I covered everything, and I appreciate yalls help!

Attachments

• 43F4BFBA-A3E4-4FBA-A18D-CDB39B1FEFA1.png
    43F4BFBA-A3E4-4FBA-A18D-CDB39B1FEFA1.png
    874.7 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: stols001

Storm52

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Shreveport, LA
Novo is smok answer to the pod. Leads me to believe you are mtl user. There are many similar devices offered by most manufacturers. You say that you aren't ready for options (you don't have to learn coil building), so that really narrows the field considerably. The kroma kit with zenith is a good option and once you have decided on a preferred coil and your wattage setting, you fill and forget it. Down the road, you can grab something with external batteries, charger and rebuilding.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hi friends!! The vaping magic is taking hold, and I have gotten so much great support and recommendations from you guys I wanted to ask a few things.

Background in case you haven’t seen my other threads...just quitting smoking, was given a Kanger SubTank and toptank and not happy with it, didn’t hit hard enough to satisfy cravings. Bought a SMOK Novo and some nic salts and that did the trick.

I’m carrying the Novo everywhere and very nervous because I’ve heard and read bad things about their longitivity and quality, but I really like the way it feels when using it. Does that mean I’m a MTL vaper or a DL vaper? Aaaand if I was going to upgrade my device, what should I get? Lots of you said in one of my other posts that an Innokin with a Zenith tank would be the way to go, is there a more portable less fussy type like that? I’m not looking for a pod system, but don’t think I’m ready for lots of options and rebuilding coils and such. I attached a picture of the style and size I’m thinking of, but I don’t know if the whole MTL/DL applies and which one to choose. Just so you guys know I do not care one bit about colors or trends, just want something that I can manage that will keep me as happy as I am now.

I hope I covered everything, and I appreciate yalls help!

The Smok Novo is a pod system, and while Smok as a company has issues with their quality control, if what your now using is both satisfying for you and working right, there is Zero reason to switch to anything else..

Just get a couple backups and vape happily. You don't need to make any unnecessary purchases.

Bolivar

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Surrounded by cows and wheat
?..if what your now using is both satisfying for you and working right, there is Zero reason to switch to anything else..

Just get a couple backups and vape happily. You don't need to make any unnecessary purchases.

Agree. You might want to look at the pods sub forum for options. Right now, pods are working for you and that's what counts. You got plenty of time for shinyitis down the road. I'd get a couple backup pods for now, maybe treat yourself too a mod and tank after a month with no cigarettes. That's a huge milestone in my book.

Last edited:

jtbje

Jan 2, 2019
Texas Hill Country
So the consensus is to stay with the Smok? I have to stock up by mail, I don’t live near a B&M shop, so I would need to order another Novo and lots of pods. I think I like the cylinder shaped mods (not sure if I’m describing that right, see picture above), but I’m not sure if what I’m doing is MTL or DL. I’ll search the forums for info on that.

I’m happy with the way the Smok is working but I don’t want to throw a bunch of money at it and wait for shipping and all that hassle for something that doesn’t seem to have good quality control.

As always, thank you for super quick responses. I saw a few recommendations for other pod systems, but I think I’d prefer to have a refillable tank. I’m going to research more whether my style is MTL or DL and I’ll post if I have questions. Much love from Texas!

jtbje

Jan 2, 2019
Texas Hill Country
And, I have seen some of your other threads, glad to see you're still here and letting us know how it's going!
Thank you! I feel like I owe this forum something...so helpful for someone brand new to vaping. I’ll be sure to pay it forward once I’m on my feet!

jtbje

Jan 2, 2019
Texas Hill Country
Agree. You might want to look at the pods sub forum for options. Right now, pods are working for you and that's what counts. You got plenty of time for shinyitis down the road. I'd get a couple backup pods for now, maybe treat yourself too a mod and tank after a month with no cigarettes. That's a huge milestone in my book.
I’ve had shinyitis since day 1!!!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
So the consensus is to stay with the Smok?

Hello again, JT!

The consensus, I believe, and I don't want to speak for others, is to stay with what works for you. At least for the time being. I'm not familar with this particular Smok, but if it't a pod system, you're most likely an MTL vaper.

but I’m not sure if what I’m doing is MTL or DL.

How do you inhale your vapor? If it's a 2-step process, first into your mouth and then into your lungs, that's MTL. If you're inhaling directly into your lungs, your a DTL vaper.

That said, I'm always an MTL vaper, no matter what kind of device I'm using. That's how I smoked, and that's how I vape. Generally, MTL vaping is associated with single-coil, lower wattage, higher nicotine vaping.

Oh, and congratulations on your progress! Good luck!

Last edited:

jtbje

Jan 2, 2019
Texas Hill Country
Hello again, JT!

The consensus, I believe, and I don't want to speak for others, is to stay with what works for you. At least for the time being. I'm not familar with this particular Smok, but if it't a pod system, you're most likely an MTL vaper.

How do you inhale your vapor? If it's a 2-step process, first into your mouth and then into your lungs, that's MTL. If you're inhaling directly into your lungs, your a DLT vaper.

That said, I'm always an MTL vaper, no matter what kind of device I'm using. That's how I smoked, and that's how I vape. Generally, MTL vaping is associated with single-coil, lower wattage, higher nicotine vaping.

Oh, and congratulations on your progress! Good luck!
That’s what I think I am doing too...if I try to do DL it makes me cough like crazy. And thank you! I’m having a good time with it now. Not so much the first few days lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread