Status
Not open for further replies.

MikenGA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
Georgia
As an 'online instructor', some of the instructional videos posted in my public pages have been called propaganda/advertising by naysayers...but it's just good instruction, presented for the purpose of sharing pertinent info with the people who have an interest in the topic.

As for the production of a documentary funded by the people it represents, with proceeds going to the organization that represents those same people (and millions more like them), who's in a better position to spread the word that WE ARE EXCITED TO BE SAVING OUR OWN LIVES??

If the documentary is well organized, some may still call it propaganda/advertising, but I expect the majority will more accurately define it as education. :2c:

Digimon2k

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
www.deejstuff.com

Digimon2k

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
www.deejstuff.com
Excellent! Thank you for the permission!

ETA: Alrighty! Figured out how to print these at a reduced size on heavy card-stock so they'll fit in my standard packaging and still look awesome! I'm using an HP Color Laserjet... I defined a custom page of 8.5 x 5.5. I send regular 8.5 x 11 stock through the printer printing just Page 1 (Acrobat Reader settings below), then rotate the stock 180* and print Page 1 again. Then I flip the stock and repeat for Page 2. Cut with a paper cutter (I use one for photos). Voila! 2 double-sided cards that'll fit in my standard packaging and, most importantly, are quite legible.

Acrobat Reader Settings:

Print Range: Current Page (with Page 1 or Page 2 in focus, depending)
Paper Scaling: Fit to Printable Area
Auto-Rotate and Center: Deselected
Choose Paper Source by PDF page size: Deselected

Last edited:

YetiHunter

May 26, 2011
Chicagoland
That opening sentence was nothing but condescending on my part. Didn't sound that way in my head
at the time, but it certainly reads so.

A more cordial feedback: perhaps labeling it something akin to "promotional video from the community" or
anything relevant that would openly disclose that it is purposely biased would be beneficial.

Only a suggestion, nasty sounding, but well meaning.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
I don't flame, but I'll definitely bite...

What does this mean?
Why write it?

Because I don't understand your point.

I think the point he was trying to make was that he feels its wrong for people to profit off this film if the same people that helped fund it had no profit? He went out on a limb, but I think its a valid point.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I think the point he was trying to make was that he feels its wrong for people to profit off this film if the same people that helped fund it had no profit? He went out on a limb, but I think its a valid point.
Are you saying it could be considered wrong for CASAA to "profit" from the film if those that donated are not "profiting" from it?
Because if not, then I'm not clear on what you mean.

Nobody is profiting from the film because all proceeds are going to CASAA.
So if you donate to the film, you are basically donating to CASAA, and that should be understood from the outset.

But I was mainly wondering what the poster meant by "implore all to maintain a more accurate perspective on the matter".
And if the outside world would be tempted to treat this as propaganda, I'm not sure how that could be avoided.

Last edited:

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
Actually, if you read these links: We Are Vapers | An Exploration into the World of Harm Reduction | We Are Vapers and We Are Vapers -- IndieGoGo you will see that no one is profiting - other than possibly CASAA which is no "profit" at all. The ENTIRE team is ALL volunteer - no one makes even a dime for their time or in ANY way (and we ALL are already spending considerable personal funds). ALL proceeds (if any) are already 100% pledged to CASAA. If there are any unspent funds raised - all such dollars go to CASAA.

As it stands, this production is planned to be equivalent to a $300,000 (++) grade documentary. In such a film, much of the cost goes to production and post production editing staff. We Are Vapors already has all the equipment (or most of it) and qualified and experienced production and post production editing talent already on board and all volunteer. So, the fund raising effort is a very modest $20,000 goal and will only cover travel and the most basic of expenses.

We appreciate ALL input but do request people to hopefully read the presented facts (included financial commitments). This is an effort by vapers, for vapers AND for the goal to educate the general public, potential Regulatory and Public Sector officials who will be evaluating and making legal and policy decisions, and for smokers who do not know what we already know - the tremendous benefits of Tobacco Harm Reduction and vaping.

We are ALL in this together - lets DO this TOGETHER! :thumbs:

Last edited:

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
I Think its good to know all that and helpful to get it all out so that people donating have a full understanding about what they are paying into. That being said this is a new industry and a very profitable one. What makes it seem like such a good deed is that a film would reach more people and help venders that make profit. Nothing wrong with that, and im all for it, but if your asking people that have no chance in heck of profit to help fund the film then thats where your questions come in and rightly so. Some people have no problem with donating money to help the people that have and need ecigs for the bennys and help boost sales for venders, in turn doing a part to help boost our damaged economy. As we all know not everyone is on the same page and that's okay.

For people that have any doubt. We are pioneers in a battle with big tobacco. May not seem like it yet but mark my words it will seem like it in time. We need to get the educating information out for ourselves and others that need to quit smoking, as well as people that can hurt our industry, causing higher prices and the demise of many products we love. Many loved ones die every day from smoking as we all know. So rather someone makes a profit or not, should not come into question since no matter the outcome of that, we all are better off in a big way. So donate if u can. I am sure that if any other people not on board had any other reason for being on the fence that your questions are welcome here.

Laffs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Texas
DeejStuff just jumped to the front of the line for my next sample juice order!
Any vendor that supports the community is going to get my support.

I thought that as well, and finally followed through today. I depleted some funds to give to this great project, but not as many as I would have just thrown away buying analogs. :cry:

I love the very ideal of this project and I thank those who are doing the work pro bono to get the word out!

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
$6,210 to go and only 2 weeks left. Where is my tax return? I was sure it would have been here by now, and was told it would be on the 6th of this month. We need a big pull for the last 2 weeks. This is a positive investment for anyone that vapes. Lets show our power in numbers. The attacks have yet to come, and we need things like this for security, and future innovations. Help if u can.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
At last week’s Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco (SRNT) conference, I had the opportunity to view the documentary film Addiction Incorporated. One of the most disturbing parts of the movie was near the beginning, when the research scientist describes how he was recruited by Phillip Morris. He said the company told him that they wanted him to look for an alternative ingredient to nicotine, because nicotine was causing over 100,000 deaths per year from heart attacks and strokes.

Even though prominent SRNT members (including nicotine expert Dr. Neal Benowitz) were interspersed commenting throughout the film, none of them bothered to correct the scientific inaccuracy: Nicotine does not cause heart attacks and strokes. It’s the smoke itself!

Our documentary film, “We are Vapers,” will not only tell the personal stories of many people who feel that their health and their very lives have been saved by vaping, but it will also work to correct the many misconceptions the public has about nicotine, tobacco, and health.

Please help to close the gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread