What Are Your Vaping Pet Peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
Vape shop attitudes. I'm officially done with exploring them. I rarely use them as I diy, build, and use mechs. 90% of them around here cater to nothing I just mentioned and that's ok. However, on a rainy Sunday like today, I will venture out to explore and see what's up with ones I haven't been to.

After today, no more. They have an air of arrogance that I just can't stand like they are pros that know everything whilst puffing colored juices with the latest sub-ohm tanks pressuring you to buy buy buy.

D
O
N
E.

Budgie

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2018
Scotland
Vape shop attitudes. I'm officially done with exploring them. I rarely use them as I diy, build, and use mechs. 90% of them around here cater to nothing I just mentioned and that's ok. However, on a rainy Sunday like today, I will venture out to explore and see what's up with ones I haven't been to.

After today, no more. They have an air of arrogance that I just can't stand like they are pros that know everything whilst puffing colored juices with the latest sub-ohm tanks pressuring you to buy buy buy.

D
O
N
E.
Absolutely agree with you, Lesley (my wife) and I went into four vape shops this morning looking for a starter vape pen for her, and the attitude was bad, they could not be bothered with what could’ve been a “small” sale, the 5th shop we went into though, the young lady could not have been more helpful, but 1 out of 5 shops, that is bad.

Pete M

Aug 5, 2018
Absolutely agree with you, Lesley (my wife) and I went into four vape shops this morning looking for a starter vape pen for her, and the attitude was bad, they could not be bothered with what could’ve been a “small” sale, the 5th shop we went into though, the young lady could not have been more helpful, but 1 out of 5 shops, that is bad.

They're very hit and miss, service wise. I had a few which I went to out of necessity and they sort of had the attitude that you guys experienced - if you weren't after some 1000w monster kit, or tonnes of premium juices they just completely patronised you (attitude reminded me of this sketch )

However there's a chain called Vapourized here in the UK and certainly in my local they've really got customer service nailed. They go out of their way to help and you don't feel embarrassed going in to get them to show you how to change the coil on a new tank or so on. For that reason I see a big mix of happy people when I'm there not just the same bros just hanging out for no reason.

Why do guys (it's always guys) do that btw? I mean I like bread but I don't spend my day propping up the counter in the bakery waving a baguette in the air.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I've had an alcoholic dog that would steal cans of beer and drink them, but never seen one with a cigarette addiction. That's a new one to me.
We had a dog who’d steal the whiskey and eat all the butts out of the ashtray lol. One of mine was a beer drinker, and another was all about martinis.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio

We had one good vape shop and it closed. In my case, I’m not looking for something cheap, but no matter that I know more about vaping than the guy who runs the shop, I’m treated like a silly old lady, not worth his time. Guy has a Smok he’s tootling on. I mean, no disrespect if that’s your thing, but he sure has no room to look down his nose at me lol. Doesn’t really matter though, it’s not like they have anything I need, or couldn’t find elsewhere. Just ticks me off because there are likely lots of women who get no help quitting from that joker.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Mods - have to be small and comfortable to hold. I'm going through an anti big mod stage. Drip tips - I'm fussy as hell with them
I don't like the metal drip tips or large diameter ones on many tanks. Luckily, nearly all of them can be changed to the 510 drip tips of my choice. I also like only single battery mods.
This about describes me. I prefer the smaller more comfortable to handle single battery mods like the JAC Vapour DNA. I detest metal drip tips; all my daily mods have a delrin Cherry Vape Cloud Chaser drip tip, my favorite all time drip tip.

I also prefer external battery mods. I want to choose the battery I use, and not use an internal LiPo battery made by who knows who and has unknown specifications. Believing that a Chinese manufacturer is going to use the right battery is a leap of faith, IMHO. Plus, an internal battery mod has a limited life expectancy and then becomes a paperweight.

I've gotten to be a lazy vaper. I used to use a RDA, but grew tired of replacing the wick every 3 - 4 days to maintain flavor. I put a coil in my clearomizer and it lasts up to a month with no maintanance other than refilling the tank.

Vape shops: I don't have much use for them. 99% of my purchases are online, even though I once worked for a shop.

I only use batteries made by Lg, Samsung, or Sony, purchased from either RTD Vapor or IMR Batteries. No way would I ever use a battery made by a Chinese rewrapper.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Just ticks me off because there are likely lots of women who get no help quitting from that joker.

You need to get a job there, man. LOL. I kinda like the "little old lady" effect that I'm starting to get, especially since I stopped peroxiding my hair. I like the age appropriateness of the dudes hitting on me, (instead of my kiddos friends, that was the ick) and like being a "woman of a certain age." Stealth mode can be easily achieved, and if I REALLY desire that no one approach me, I can just like, totally um, leave my dentures out. You might as well have leprosy if you do that, it's epic.

Life has just gotten increasingly peaceful with age, wouldn't trade it, but vape shops that are rude are just... No fun and probably not going to be around forever. I think it's good for vaping, all this innovation but I remember my first setup like almost a decade ago and how excitingly interested everyone was and whatnot. Those were good times.

Anna

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I've had an alcoholic dog that would steal cans of beer and drink them, but never seen one with a cigarette addiction. That's a new one to me.
Back in the day I had a cat and dog that would snatch my other stuff if I left it out. The poodle was hilarious, was like having a slapstick comedy hour in your living room.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
You need to get a job there, man. LOL. I kinda like the "little old lady" effect that I'm starting to get, especially since I stopped peroxiding my hair. I like the age appropriateness of the dudes hitting on me, (instead of my kiddos friends, that was the ick) and like being a "woman of a certain age." Stealth mode can be easily achieved, and if I REALLY desire that no one approach me, I can just like, totally um, leave my dentures out. You might as well have leprosy if you do that, it's epic.

Life has just gotten increasingly peaceful with age, wouldn't trade it, but vape shops that are rude are just... No fun and probably not going to be around forever. I think it's good for vaping, all this innovation but I remember my first setup like almost a decade ago and how excitingly interested everyone was and whatnot. Those were good times.

Anna

I could see running my own shop if I weren’t too busy enjoying retirement. But work for that guy? No way.

Oh, but I do dig being my age. Never thought I would, but I get a totally different energy from people. It’s pretty cool. All the pressure to be perfect is gone. I don’t care what anyone thinks of me.

Budgie

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2018
Scotland
They're very hit and miss, service wise. I had a few which I went to out of necessity and they sort of had the attitude that you guys experienced - if you weren't after some 1000w monster kit, or tonnes of premium juices they just completely patronised you (attitude reminded me of this sketch )

However there's a chain called Vapourized here in the UK and certainly in my local they've really got customer service nailed. They go out of their way to help and you don't feel embarrassed going in to get them to show you how to change the coil on a new tank or so on. For that reason I see a big mix of happy people when I'm there not just the same bros just hanging out for no reason.

Why do guys (it's always guys) do that btw? I mean I like bread but I don't spend my day propping up the counter in the bakery waving a baguette in the air.

Thanks for the info, we do have a Vapourised, but we never went into it, as the 5th shop had sorted things out for us.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Must be talking about drop in coil rtas....
My biggest pet peeve is how little flavor MTL vaping gives. I love the style but the flavor is so dull unless I use menthol or mint juices . I wish they were full of flavor like DTL mesh coil tanks !

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Mine are definitely not enough single 18650 small quality mods. Because I vape mtl, single coil rtas, I have no need for 2, 3 or 4 (do they have these yet?) Battery mods (thank god) , I personally just love small, light, less conspicuous mods and there's just not a big selection...I have the jac vapour, nx 75a, and macro but besides that I have to spend quite a bit to buy higher end mods that fall into the 75x35x23 size range and the 80 to 90 gram weight I like (even the jac is a bit tall). Mtl rtas, kind of the same thing, most are made to hold so much juice, that they are way too tall and look strange on the small mods...yes there are a few like the erlkonigin, pico, and doggy, but again not to many....I understand I'm the odd ball, so they simply wouldn't sell if they were made, but still a PP of mine...another is hi nic juice besides salts..getting harder and harder to find juices over 18mg....seems like everthing is geared towards massiveness , like juice consumption (low nic) mods, coils, tanks, clouds, etc.

Pod_Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2018
East Coast, USA
I mean what prevents you from buying a mod,RDA,RTA,Sub-Ohm Tank, MTL tank or any vape gear for that matter?
- Finances! :(
- Most pod devices - I've had such terrible luck with them!
- Any mod that's not 1 battery - I have little hands and prefer a slim, small device. I also vape under 20W, so there's no need for anything bigger even though I love the look and design of some.
- Trial and error of getting started. I've wasted so much time and money on stuff that went down the toilet or in the trash because it died within weeks.
- That not all manufacturers/vendors/distributors/vape shops are created equal. Without mentioning names, I'm boycotting a big one based on a HORRIBLE experience and a few others have been nothing but frustrating. However, there are some REALLY awesome companies and people
who've been so great and helpful. The things I've learned from some of them have been invaluable along my journey. Just like the great people here at ECF! :thumbs:

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Mine are definitely not enough single 18650 small quality mods. Because I vape mtl, single coil rtas, I have no need for 2, 3 or 4 (do they have these yet?) Battery mods (thank god) , I personally just love small, light, less conspicuous mods and there's just not a big selection...I have the jac vapour, nx 75a, and macro but besides that I have to spend quite a bit to buy higher end mods that fall into the 75x35x23 size range and the 80 to 90 gram weight I like (even the jac is a bit tall). Mtl rtas, kind of the same thing, most are made to hold so much juice, that they are way too tall and look strange on the small mods...yes there are a few like the erlkonigin, pico, and doggy, but again not to many....I understand I'm the odd ball, so they simply wouldn't sell if they were made, but still a PP of mine...another is hi nic juice besides salts..getting harder and harder to find juices over 18mg....seems like everthing is geared towards massiveness , like juice consumption (low nic) mods, coils, tanks, clouds, etc.

Yes. This. Compact removable battery kit is quite scarce. I've made repeat purchases of certain mods in part because I like them, and because there's not a lot to be had when it comes to smaller, plainer & simpler gear (pods are great, but they're basic). I presume the new battery formats will only nudge mod sizes up. Sigh. Guess I'll pick up yet another NX75 before they're truly extinct.

And yes again - the 20mg/ml nic limit is the most annoying aspect of the TPD (for me). I can mix my own for now, but it's not a long term option. (And I don't expect the limits to go if/when brexit kicks in). Ah well. Not to worry - I'm sure a shiny new vape tax will cheer everyone up soon.

One more, if I may - noisy tanks, because smoking was never loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread