What do you hate about vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2018
Cumbria
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
7 months into my vaping journey, here are my personal peeves in no particular order. What's yours?
  • Poor quality control. Great looking and perfoming mods or attys let down by a poor quality finish or bad design. tanks that need pliers to unscrew. Mods with sharp edges. Battery chargers that eat the edges of wraps. Paint finishes that wear off or flake.
  • The number of variables that prevents you having a consistent vape from morning to night, one day to the next. Temperature, coil conditions, how hard you wick, age of juice. Battery charge.
  • Spitty coils. Not a violent tsunami of hot fluid, but the tiniest droplets that irritate the tip of your tongue. Invariably happens when you've got the flavour and overall temperature balance "just right"
  • Flavour fatigue. I'm currently surrounded by 8 different flavours to get through the day. All of them are really decent, but I can manage about 3 tankfuls/squonk bottles before I have to start dripping
  • The growing collection of ½ finished DIY juice that is nowhere near bad enough to chuck, but not good enough to vape regularly

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Vaping does have a learning curve doesn't it - I well remember too the learning curve I had after I decided to abandon cigarettes and take up pipe smoking in 1974 which was only resolved once I got to grips with the tecniques, found kit I could work with and then found out how to get the best results I could from that said kit.

Vaping was to me a bit like that but three and a bit years on I've found systems that work for me.

The only real peeve I have is when a manufacturer decides for no good reason to abandon a line of kit ( yes Aspire I mean you and the Triton Mini!!! )

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Overly sweet commercial juice.
Custard - BLAH!
The short retail shelf life of devices. "If you like it, buy two NOW."
Non standard sized squonk bottles.
Glass bottles and glass droppers
500ml of various flavour concentrates that I will never use again. (119ml of TFA Early Grey- free to a good home)
Lack of quality 18350 and 18500 batteries.

Cheers
I

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
After all my years of vaping, I've finaly settled for my perfect setups and juices.
Not to say I would not try out new things, but I've got setups that always work for me without issues.
So no complaints there.

What I really hate though, is the fact that I have to clean my windows far more often since I started vaping.
Especially in the winter months.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Hmmm, i was going to say the fact that all bottom air-flow atties will leak to some extent.
BUT. Then i remembered the days when ash would drop everywhere, pulling skin off my lips when a ciggy stuck to them, burning my fingers when a ciggie would slip, being smelly....

So i guess i don't really hate anything about vaping. Sorry.

Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2018
Cumbria
Overly sweet commercial juice.
Custard - BLAH!
The short retail shelf life of devices. "If you like it, buy two NOW."
Non standard sized squonk bottles.
Glass bottles and glass droppers
500ml of various flavour concentrates that I will never use again. (119ml of TFA Early Grey- free to a good home)
Lack of quality 18350 and 18500 batteries.

Cheers
I

You just reminded me of the of the one one thing I forgot to add to my original post, those really hard juice bottles that are impossible to squeeze.

BTW, to clarify, I really do love vaping, it's just those little irritations that get to me :confused:.

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
There was another thread asking about 'vaping family'... and what else do we want to add or what she missed typing. I said something like fakes and robbers. And if you ask me again what I hate about vaping are fakes fakes and fakes! Not necessarily products or hardware. But that adds up ESPECIALLY BATTERIES! I have no much qualms over attys or mods that are clones, there are good ones out there... only batteries! This area they should stop! And the worst thing of them all are the news reports. That should be it...

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
1. That it took so long to learn number "2".
2. Some wise man on here said to quit looking for the perfect equipment and learn to make the equipment you have perfect.
Lol! Used to see that all the time in the new members forum. These days the standard answer seems to be..... You need a Kroma Zenith Kit.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Anything can be improved, but I love vaping much more than I hated being addicted to cigarettes.

I can't think of anything about vaping that I can't change or modify to make better. I'd like to see a coil wire that doesn't crud up and require dry burn or frequent replacement and wicking that lasts a week or more.

Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2018
Cumbria
Box mods that have the control buttons on the same side as the fire button (why isn't this thing firing... oh, I have a finger touching the + button)

I've been caught out quite a few times with that on my Vaporesso Luxe. Pressed the fire button 5 times to shutdown, puzzled as to why it wasn't, to discover the way I'm holding it is activating the touch sensitive screen :(.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Anything can be improved, but I love vaping much more than I hated being addicted to cigarettes.

I can't think of anything about vaping that I can't change or modify to make better. I'd like to see a coil wire that doesn't crud up and require dry burn or frequent replacement and wicking that lasts a week or more.

1. DIY juice with out added flavor.
2. Ready-X-Wick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread