What Are Your Vaping Pet Peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have not had much ordering of late. I didn't worry about the ordering part, it was the getting to the mailbox part before the husband did that was hard.

I am not suffering though, I just won three things in quick succession, including a squonker that by ALL accounts doesn't suck and I also have a small rda that I can put on it.

Yeah, yeah I'm lucky. I hope I like squonking enough to use it happily but not buy 10 more squonkers or anything. That's my goal/plan etc. I really want to order some more batteries but eh, it's hard to make myself purchase even the necessities at the moment. Etc.

Anna

Pete M

Aug 5, 2018
Running out of battery and realising that the spare didn't charge properly

Coils that give out after half a day's use, or are just plain not working in the first place. Coils full stop actually - show me a decent tank which doesn't rely on replaceable parts and I'll show you my wallet

Smokers who think they're superior for still smoking 'proper' cigarettes and say so (less common these days)

Vapers who think they're superior people to smokers because now they're getting their nicotine in a different way and say so

I don't know ANYTHING...EVEN AFTER VAPING 5 YRS! But I DO know my faves... Alien 220 with a Big Baby Beast tank filled with Groovy Juice "Rocky Mountain Haze". I found them both, very early on in my vaping career, and BOTH are still my favorite go-tos. Rocky Mountain Haze is a Hazelnut, Vanilla, and Light Tobacco combo that all vapers absolutely MUST try! Ever since I started vaping it 5 yrs ago, people ALWAYS ask me what is that fragrance emanating from from me...even when I'm not vaping, but I have my mod in my pocket! As far as my Smok Alien mod goes...it works for ME...I'm on my third one!

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    members that spam the forum, with a million and one questions, don't read or take serious the answers. The ramifications of buying/owning a mod that they have no understanding of and not using good common sense :glare:
    Shhhh. It's been a little quiet. No reason to type anything in those, just use the emoji's on the posts.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Dang it @Rossum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL I held off from that comment for so long and then you go and do it.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:You are correct however, I was going to point out it was "AlienS" and that two dying wasn't exactly bolstering his vaping. No harm now, though.

Anna

kross8

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 20, 2016
    stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
    my requirements:
    attys:
    510 drip tip
    only small drip tips,, no 'chuff styles',,(feels like vaping on a tailpipe
    top fill
    rebuildable coils
    stainless steel in color (gray is ok too,, this way all of my attys' match all of my mods)
    22mm

mod requirements:
    works
    pocket friendly

my pet peeve is rude workers at vape shops, there are a few around me,, but only 2 ever get my business because of poor service,,,,,,I was so mad at 1 shop that I went to another one that was very nice and spent twice as much with no regret,, and told them why. (they knew everyone at the first shop,,they drank together,, so I am sure I was mentioned that night)
    my other pet peeve is not all battery wraps cover all 18650s,, I have a series of MXJO batteries I am shopping around for wraps,, as they are tiniest bit wider than the more common brands. right now I have 2 sets of wraps from 2 dif companies for 18650 and neither fit my batteries,,,,,,,,uggghhh!!!

semi pet peeve,,,,,,,,its time for the battery industry to step up their game on power (mah) on the 18650,, the technology is there,, 'get it done',,, right now I keep 7 batteries in rotation for 'just in case' I wish I only needed say 2 or 3.

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    money is my biggest factor....single mom of 2 special needs kids.....
    but aside from that, no sub-ohm....and I hate that most tanks are all pretty much aimed at sub-ohm
    I don't want sub-ohm, I don't want 810 wide bore drip tips, I don't want wide open airflow (now if it's an option, ok, but give me the option to close it as well)
    I'm mostly a MTL vaper, just now am able to do DTL (finally my lungs have healed after all these years) but I still prefer a happy medium or changeable from closed airflow to open so if I want one or the other but again mostly i want little airflow....and I can not stand wide bore drip tips....lol in fact at the moment i'm using a whistle tip but usually use a vase style drip tip
    and coils, ug, I want to try all the fancy coils but they are all premade for sub ohm :-x I mean i'm fine with 1ohm
    currently my stupid coil is reading .8 :yawn: but it's tolerable....but I wasn't paying attention and used a prebuilt coil head that came with my new atty and :mad: it was a .15 making me raise my watts to use it and that was entirely too hot of a vape for me...i'm pretty much a tootle puffer staying around 10w, lately with my new SS and cotton coils i've had to bump up to 15w and stay between 1 - 2 ohm....so yeah, I hate that everything seems to be directed towards DTL sub ohm high watt cloud chasing users, now I like me a good cloud but I don't want a burn my tongue off vape :p
    as for batteries go, I don't mind either single or dual batteries, which is one reason i chose the evic VTC dual because it uses either or....so if i want a small device use single, if i need more battery life, i use dual...for me it's about the battery life not the capacity to sub ohm at high watts
    ok i'm done now :lol:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Wow @Shadav I can only say in your position, switching from smoking to vaping must have required EXCEPTIONAL fortitude. Holy goodness, you are a total rock star!:thumbs::thumbs:

I was a single mom for two years, with one (more or less normal, I mean he had ADHD) kid, and it was some of the hardest times in my life. Kudos to you.

Anna

Reactions: Ryedan

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    Wow @Shadav I can only say in your position, switching from smoking to vaping must have required EXCEPTIONAL fortitude. Holy goodness, you are a total rock star!:thumbs::thumbs:

I was a single mom for two years, with one (more or less normal, I mean he had ADHD) kid, and it was some of the hardest times in my life. Kudos to you.

Anna
    thank you...it wasn't easy but I found my self smoking around my kids more and more and just couldn't do that to them

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    Oh, yes, thats right!:shock:
    I do have a pet peeve:wub:
    Smok Spirals, whistled like an idiot! I hate that tank:mad: Not just because it whistled.

Hate is such a strong word.:unsure:

It made me angry:-x and I didnt like it, the tank:glare:, the anger felt pointless but kinda good:closedeyes:.
    I still have it, the tank, not the anger. Sometimes I take the Spirals out of the box and look at it, just so I can feel something.
    A funny thing happened!!!
    A few days back I went at looked at the smok spirals, mainly so I could feel some outrage, anger and frustration and finally throw the thing out
    I checked out a spare coil in the box and it turned out to be the rba.
    So I made a coil and wicked it and got to vaping on it.

It was really good! damnit! It was not crap at all. I enjoyed it! I was sitting back vaping away and thinking, "it even looks good! this tank rocks!"
    Then it got stuck on the mod and I smashed the glass taking it off because Im a klutz.
    Anyway, Ive got some more glass on the way.

No longer a pet peeve tank, I love it.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    today I unpacked a new mod I never opened. tried to pull the squonk bottle out... aand the bottle pulled out of its metal cap. the cap was stuck up in the mod and I couldn't unscrew it so I pulled the tube out and the cap flung off the tube into my bookcase behind a row of books. had to move half the books off the shelf to find it. got the cap onto the bottle & (like an idiot) filled it then tried to squeez it up the squonk tube (not going to happen) so I had to pour it all back into the bottle. finally got the juice bottle filled and into the mod. unscrewed the battery door and it fell into my trashcan.

so today my petpeeve is this mod.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Interesting thread. I have just a couple peeves.

First – as much as I understand aesthetics are subjective I feel mod makers need to scale back. Take a page out of the smartphone market where aesthetics are very simple but yet stylish. Vaping is age restricted so there is no need to design a mod that looks like a cheap toy for a 10 year old. I understand that different regions may have different trends. But manufacture can cater to those trends which could lead to greater profits. That toy looking mod will no longer be collecting dust in a region where it will not sell.

And while we are on aesthetics, up your game on the durability of the finish. I take care of all my devices - my smartphone is a year old and looks like it was just unpacked….and I do not use a protective case with it. But yet if I give some of my mods a stern look they will scratch. With the industry adapting to larger colour screens, my poor eyesight does thank you, but use Gorilla glass instead of plastic. Nothing worse than a scratched screen. I would gladly pay the extra cost to prevent my screen looking like a cutting board out of Hell’s Kitchen

My other peeve is toward the elitist users who think they are vaping gods. Do not frown upon me or anyone else because our equipment or vaping style does not meet your approval. I am just as happy for the thermal nuclear mec user with the 50 lb coil as I am for the Juul user. No one handed me a rule book when I first started vaping so stop trying to create one! Lack of acceptance is the root to many of the worlds problems. And with vaping under threat there is strength in numbers. Take pride that someone has joined the vaping alliance and instead of discrediting how they vape or what they vape, fight along side of them against those who are trying to take this away from us.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    One should not criticize a man's gear, unless one has vaped a mile with his vape.

Unless it's a Smok mod darn it because I'm not traveling a mile in ANY direction carrying something from smok on my person.

I also can't praise joytech either because every ten feet they refuse to read my coil and that gets tiring and expensive.

LOL

Anna

UpNorth

Sep 3, 2018
    Tundra, Minnesota
    My biggest pet peeve is not being able to buy what I want to when I want, because it's either out of stock or I have to buy from 29 different shops because none of them stock enough merchandise. Also finding products for sale in online stores, yet they don't have batteries, wires, parts or so on that go with that item to be able to use it. I've only been vaping for a short while but it amazes me that the flow of product is so weak that everything is out of stock CONSTANTLY. Maybe this has always been the case but jeeze, Web-stores order more product!!!
    Mini Rant over!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread