Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I’ve never had one whistle. I mean most do that whooshing air sound, but never a whistle. Maybe because my air is all the way open?
You've just been lucky. The designers have taken notice of our very loud complaints about loud attys. Not so many these days. Sometimes you could reduce it with coil placement and size but if it was a drop in you lived with or benched it. I always benched them.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Oh, yes, thats right!:shock:
I do have a pet peeve:wub:
Smok Spirals, whistled like an idiot! I hate that tank:mad: Not just because it whistled.

Hate is such a strong word.:unsure:

It made me angry:-x and I didnt like it, the tank:glare:, the anger felt pointless but kinda good:closedeyes:.
I still have it, the tank, not the anger. Sometimes I take the Spirals out of the box and look at it, just so I can feel something.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Oh, yes, thats right!:shock:
I do have a pet peeve:wub:
Smok Spirals, whistled like an idiot! I hate that tank:mad: Not just because it whistled.

Hate is such a strong word.:unsure:

It made me angry:-x and I didnt like it, the tank:glare:, the anger felt pointless but kinda good:closedeyes:.
I still have it, the tank, not the anger. Sometimes I take the Spirals out of the box and look at it, just so I can feel something.
The plus was worse. Still have it in case it's parts come in handy some day.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Although they are a plain box, I really dig the nx75, I happen to have all "a's", as they are aluminum and a bit lighter I think and aren't painted. I think the regular nx are zink perhaps and probably painted and another peeve, don't like mods that the paint comes off....but they are my work mods and they hold up really well. Because of the lack of these size mods, years ago I found olc stratums, they are expensive, but it was like they were built for me, so now I have collected 5 and they are my home mods...there is also vapeproline stratum, a little cheaper then olc, but also hi end and very small as well.
Yes. This. Compact removable battery kit is quite scarce. I've made repeat purchases of certain mods in part because I like them, and because there's not a lot to be had when it comes to smaller, plainer & simpler gear (pods are great, but they're basic). I presume the new battery formats will only nudge mod sizes up. Sigh. Guess I'll pick up yet another NX75 before they're truly extinct.

And yes again - the 20mg/ml nic limit is the most annoying aspect of the TPD (for me). I can mix my own for now, but it's not a long term option. (And I don't expect the limits to go if/when brexit kicks in). Ah well. Not to worry - I'm sure a shiny new vape tax will cheer everyone up soon.

One more, if I may - noisy tanks, because smoking was never loud.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Wattage starting at five, seven or 10, as well as no fractional wattage, are the two things that eliminate many mods from my consideration. My style requires about 4.5 watts. Many devices that can go from 1-100+ watts can't do fractions and their specs don't disclose that.:nah:

Size and shape are the other factors for me. I don't want to be lugging a three battery device around and even many one or two battery styles are inconvenient and not pocket friendly.

My other pet peeve is devices that require workarounds/adjustments to cover their flaws. I want to press a button or squeeze a panel and get a vape every time until the battery runs down. If a mod gets flaky from time to time requiring fiddling, it's not welcome here.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I've been resisting the big air attys lately. The couple I have don't suit me like they used to. Still use them for a week or so here and there but they always end up washed and back in the closet.
Like the 30mm Temple, that thing had air for days. So much that shuting it down to the lowest setting was still too much air. :lol:
F6b97bvl.jpg

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Like the 30mm Temple, that thing had air for days. So much that shuting it down to the lowest setting was still too much air. :lol:
F6b97bvl.jpg
Well I was thinking more about my puny Fireluke and dual E2. That there is an atty only a giant troll could vape.;)

fitzdevlin

Nov 11, 2016
mods with no fire button lock, drip tips that vent vapor out around edges to collect on top of the atomizer, air flow that weeps, mods that suck batteries dry more than another, buttons that make unecessary noises, whistles, clicking...disco lights, the fact that no mods come with drip tip covers...guess everyone's okay with dust and pocket lint in their mouths and lungs (do yourselves a favor and get an AtiCap), mods with oddly placed USB ports...

nevin

Mar 22, 2013
etters, pa, usa
i'll agree with whistling atty's. others are: poor mod design choices, lights, bluetooth, or any kind of multi-function b.s., 2, 3, 4+ battery monster mods, clouds/show-off, lack of knowledge/education of ecigs

should be severely understated, do it's job well, stay together/work for more than a year, lightweight, minimal, small/compact (no extra crap, just for looks, i mean we didn't flaunt it when we used to burn analogs.....did you walk around with a 12" cigarette holder?)

also, not being able to find parts for some mods. i'm one that tries to get the absolute maximum life out of my gear.

Greg Cumby

Jul 1, 2018
My biggest pet peeve is not enough airflow. Not into the mtl thing at all. Not hating on anyone's preference.. I am a power vaper and airflow hog. 2nd pet peeve are vapers who are not conscious of where they are .. vaping where we can't vape isn't cool and neither is CLOUDING folks out who are in the immediate vicinity. There is a kid at my gym who sneaks into the locker room between sets and vapes in there and he brags to me about how high his nicotine level is .. SMH .. folks don't like him and this sort of thing reflects badly on us all.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
There is a kid at my gym who sneaks into the locker room between sets and vapes in there and he brags to me about how high his nicotine level is .. SMH .. folks don't like him and this sort of thing reflects badly on us all.
Toss him a 50mg bottle of nic salts and tell that's what all the cool kids vape. :D

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
mods with no fire button lock, drip tips that vent vapor out around edges to collect on top of the atomizer, air flow that weeps, mods that suck batteries dry more than another, buttons that make unecessary noises, whistles, clicking...disco lights, the fact that no mods come with drip tip covers...guess everyone's okay with dust and pocket lint in their mouths and lungs (do yourselves a favor and get an AtiCap), mods with oddly placed USB ports...

If you use tanks with drop in coils the Aspire Revvo comes with a cover that also functions as a vape band.

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
With regulated mods, I like simple elegance. No lights, voice commands, talking mods, or designs and color schemes I would find in a child's toy box. Number of batteries and size would depend on what I want to put on it.

With mechs, I want small, compact, single cell squonks. I don't care for tube mods much, and with my vape style, multi battery mechs are overkill.

With RDAs, I look for small, compact, reduced chamber 22mm RDAs with restricted airflow. Crazy engravings and tons of words or designs just clutter up the device and detract from the looks in my opinion. I also don't care for proprietary drip tips or big 810s.

With RTAs, I look for good capacity, replacement tank availability, simplistic airflow, and well thought out wicking ports. No gimmick decks, airflow, or fill methods.

My biggest pet peeve in the vape world is how often a new product is instantly idolized as the new greatest thing ever made in the vaping industry, until two weeks later when another new product comes out and takes over that claim. Really makes it hard to find what is truely great.

But, flip side, this issue is The Cure for shinyitis!!

• Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread