What do you think about TheTruth(dot)com ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudyFutures

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2017
So, I was watching TV with these commercials playing from TheTruth.com. They are a huge Anti-vaping compaigne. These commercials keep trying to get people to quit vaping. But I feel like if people stop vaping they would just start smoking.

What do you guys think? Do you dislike these commercials or do you agree with the messages and how they present them?

• Agree
Reactions: DaveP

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
If vaping eliminated smoking, where would their (imaginary) relevance go?

If it's ANTZ, they need no reason to gripe. Vaping has always been a thorn in the government tax connection to tobacco. It's obvious that government likes the income from tobacco taxes even though they are down from 18B down to about 11B in 2010. Part of that drop is smokers quitting (or dying). The rest is probably from the switch to vaping. Government needs to find a legitimate cash cow and it's not vaping.

Reactions: AttyPops

CloudyFutures

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2017
If it's ANTZ, they need no reason to gripe. Vaping has always been a thorn in the government tax connection to tobacco. It's obvious that government likes the income from tobacco taxes even though they are down from 18B down to about 11B in 2010. Part of that drop is smokers quitting (or dying). The rest is probably from the switch to vaping. Government needs to find a legitimate cash cow and it's not vaping.

Pardon my ignorance... I don't get why the government couldn't have turned it into their new cash cow instead of pushing it away.

I mean, Philip Morris cashed in on vaping, why couldn't everyone else do the same?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Pardon my ignorance... I don't get why the government couldn't have turned it into their new cash cow instead of pushing it away.

I mean, Philip Morris cashed in on vaping, why couldn't everyone else do the same?

Antz believes that if it looks like a duck, it must be a duck ... and then they try to shoot it. Apparently there's a lot of ANTZ supporters in Congress. Most are Democrats according to the link below. Republicans are our friends, IMO.

Democratic Views On Vaping And E-Cigarettes | Republican Views
Republicans see vaping as a healthier alternative for smokers, which is saving lives. Democrats see it as a ploy to keep people addicted and draw in new users who otherwise would not have smoked cigarettes, especially children. Overall, Democrats support heavy regulation of the vaping industry, with FDA review of all products going on the market. While this seems logical, they have faced much criticism regarding the discrepancy between the regulations they’re putting on vaping and the regulations put on big tobacco.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
IMO anything that has to tell me it's "The Truth" is generally anything but the truth.

Agree. Most opinions shift according to the person offering it. The truth is that smoking is a known killer and that's been proven through analysis by the medical world. ANTZ chooses the critics they prefer to believe to support their claim. IMO, they are against anything that resembles smoking. IMO, they'd be better off fighting fast food than E-cigs. They would save many more lives.

This article from NCBI (The National Center for Biotechnology Information) offers what I believe to be a balanced discussion of vaping vs smoking.
Safety evaluation and risk assessment of electronic cigarettes as tobacco cigarette substitutes: a systematic review

Last edited:

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
This may sound like it has nothing to do with anything but I do trap neuter and return for cats I also assist people with getting veterinary care in special circumstances and every now and again foster. I receive assistance to do these things but it's not money like for me you know what I mean. I work with a charity who also receives money for the cause. We love cats but we are doing everything in our power to stop them from being born. This is because we actually care about the cause that we are saying we care about. We want it to no longer be an issue we want to have the charity no longer needed we would love nothing more than to never need another dollar to help these cats. We want the charity shut down because there's no longer a need.

Now here's where this is relevant to that stuff The anti tobacco groups do not want people to stop smoking they do not want people to get away from tobacco they do not want successful quit attempts. They urge people to do things that are likely to cause them to remain dependent on cigarettes and as an added bonus to die a slow expensive death.

The vast majority of interest groups and charities and non-profitsIf they actually give a darn about this work that they are doing they want nothing more than to never have to do this work again because they want whatever they're working on to no longer be a problem for anything. These anti-cigarette people or anti vaping people are not actually anti-anything they are pro they are absolutely pro keeping people addicted to combustible tobacco they make money off of it. And unlike my charity that I work with I bet you they don't have a 98.9% contribution directly to the cause with only 1.1% going towards operation expenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread