Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
The ProVari (to me) makes juices taste better than the chineese models chipsets.....You have to vape one and compare it to what your now using side by side to know what Im talking about

And now that kayfun design is out there, thoose two together are unbeatable in my opinion. Nobody asked but the 12.00 Rocket from FT is one hell of a vape (Russian 91% cheapo copy).. Its a dripper, its a tank, its a rebuildable carto (sorta). ...just got to share !!

Last edited:

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I've done a bit of research and don't see much of a difference between the provari and most other vv/vw setups. I have the MVP 2 and I love it, but I see everybody on here seems to be all about the provari. Aside from the price I don't see that big of a difference, correct me if I am wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not a disposable device. There is no voltage drop. What you set is what you get. It's simple with no unneeded bells and whistles. It just plain works and works well. In the big scheme of things, it's not that expensive compared to many of the other things in life that we enjoy. I enjoy using mine and have never really looked at anything else (regulated) since I got my first one.

In vaping years, the provari is a bit old.. it's survived long after many others fell to the wayside. If you're new to the forum, you haven't seen the many many "provari vs XXX" threads over the years and the "provari killer" threads and all the endless discussions.. Many of the "Provari vs XXX" and the provari "killers" are no longer valid because XXX is no longer around (or at least in that same version).

Last edited:

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
What makes the Provari so special?

I don't know. I haven't touched mine in weeks. I have three Reos in constant rotation, and they perform just as well as my Provari did. Also, 100% made in the USA, and user serviceable so I can fix them myself if I have to.

Yep..Love my Reo and RM2 also! It runs right along side the Provaris :)

Best of both worlds :D

Last edited:

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
im not sure but i want one so bad so i can find out why myself!!!!

I feel your excitement LOL. Be advised.. the Provari won't do your dishes or mow you lawn. It has limitations that were specifically designed into it. When I was in my genesis/mesh/subohm phase, the provari wasn't ideal for that.. that's what mechs are for ;) But for the new current craze of kayfuns/taifuns and micro coils and cotton... it's perfect.

edit.. just noticed what your avatar says... love it!

BadTrainDriver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
Dublin, Ohio
All I can add to what's already been said is this:
I went from an Ego battery/Kanger ProTank setup to a Provari with an IBTanked cartomizer setup, and I couldn't be happier.

Do you know how when you hold something in your hand and it just feels like it's a quality product?
I can, and that is the Provari...to me. Simple, quality.

I truly don't want anything else than something that is quality, something that is rugged, and something that is going to work everytime I need it to.

I feel like I got that with the Provari.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

JoeDerty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Carrollton, Georgia, United States
I feel your excitement LOL. Be advised.. the Provari won't do your dishes or mow you lawn. It has limitations that were specifically designed into it. When I was in my genesis/mesh/subohm phase, the provari wasn't ideal for that.. that's what mechs are for ;) But for the new current craze of kayfuns/taifuns and micro coils and cotton... it's perfect.

Yea im not into blowing clouds i want the best taste possible! Its that or the Opus D but ill be putting a KayFun on it! and thanks!

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
It is a nice vv/vw mod if you are into that sort of thing, but really it does not hold a candle to my Reo. It is just another battery holder, while my Reo is a cloud machine.

If you want the best VV/VW, get a Provari. If you want the best vape, get a Reo. I know what I want.

I own both.. 2 different types of devices and 2 different types of vapes. I enjoy both pretty much equally.

The Reo, while a great device, is a box bottom feeder and some people aren't into that. The OP is asking about a specific device... so popping in to promote a device other than what the OP is asking about isn't appropriate. Provari people gets accused of that quite often. Lets not give the Reo people that reputation.

Last edited:

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
It is a nice vv/vw mod if you are into that sort of thing, but really it does not hold a candle to my Reo. It is just another battery holder, while my Reo is a cloud machine.

If you want the best VV/VW, get a Provari. If you want the best vape, get a Reo. I know what I want.

The Provari isn't VW.
The REO isn't a good choice for everyone either.
I've owned both, the two REO's are long gone.
Saying a Provari is just another battery tube is like saying the REO is just another mechanical.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

You lose credibility with others when you say that the Provari is a variable wattage mod. It is strictly variable voltage.

The Reo is probably the top bottom feeder box mod, as the Provari is probably the top tube VV mod. Not everyone is into bottom feeders; I'm one of them. I rarely pull out my bottom feeder anymore. I would argue that the Reo is not the best vape for everyone, but I respect that it is the best for you.

JoeDerty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Carrollton, Georgia, United States
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Poster request

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
The ProVari (to me) makes juices taste better than the chineese models chipsets.....You have to vape one and compare it to what your now using side by side to know what Im talking about

I don't see how that can be, please explain. Anyway, just for fun I did try it. I unscrewed my Protank II from my Provari and onto my MVP. Tastes exactly the same. EXACTLY. Then I took my topper from the MVP and screwed onto the Provari. Once again, exactly the same. I tried a few different toppers from other devices and alternated them between the Provari and MVP. I honestly can't tell the difference.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thunderball said:

I don't see how that can be, please explain. Anyway, just for fun I did try it. I unscrewed my Protank II from my Provari and onto my MVP. Tastes exactly the same. EXACTLY. Then I took my topper from the MVP and screwed onto the Provari. Once again, exactly the same. I tried a few different toppers from other devices and alternated them between the Provari and MVP. I honestly can't tell the difference.
The Provari and MVP both use a similar PWM frequency (I don't know what the MVP's is specifically, but the Provari's is 800+ hz). They will both have a similar vape. PBusardo has put the MVP on the oscelloscope which shows it to have a flat line just like a Provari. I've experienced the same smooth vape experience with the Provari (and MVP) as Thunderball.

Thunderball's comparision isn't between the Provari and an MVP, but the Provari (and MVP) vs the majority of mods that use the 33.3 hz PWM chip.

This is not a new revelation, and has been discussed on the forum previously.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/488840-rattlesnake-effect-why-cheapo-vv-exception-itaste-mvp-dont-vape-same-provari-dna20d.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/381232-provari-oscope-vs-vamo.html

Last edited:

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
OMG I'm so ashamed. I didn't pay enough for an APV and ignored an opportunity to support my fellow American workers. I have no class. I only look out for myself. I vape at 6.5 or 7.0 watts, not volts even though that gaudy OLED menu will allow me to do either. I should be worried about wearing off that pretty Provari finish instead of going trouble-free with solid stainless steel. Most of all I hate myself because my epicurean taste is not so super keen that I can discern any difference between vapor made with a 33.3 Mz chip and a 800 Mhz chip. I'll admit it, I really get a kick about being promiscuous with batteries. One day it's a petite 18350, that evening it's a tall lanky 18650 and the next day it might be a curvacious 18490 or 18500. Yes, I've done the unthinkable, too. I've actually done two 18350s at once!

Worst of all I'm going to buy another of these Chinese Kalashnikovs as a back-up now that I can get one for $42. The one I'm using now works perfectly well after seven hard months and I'm buying another already!

007-1.jpg

Hmmmmm......

Attachments

• IMG_63006771997553.jpg
    IMG_63006771997553.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 67

Cob24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
A place some call paradise
I'm new here but the thing that made it special to me was that once I had it, I was finally satisfied. I got the same thing from it each time I used it. It fit right in my hand and in my pocket.
Mine had her first drop today and I was terrified. But I picked it up off the concrete looked it over and all was well. All of the other doo hickeys I have bent or messed up in some way when I dropped them. It spends all day either in my hand or my pocket and I ruined quite a few other things that way. So when I asked the general population what I should get the majority said the provari would survive.

I have no technical talk to back it up, but I'm just another satisfied customer. I've never tried the box mods but I didn't like the shape which was the only reason I didn't consider that route.

Coldrake

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
The beautiful Puget Sound
If mystery metal 'stainless', crooked, 'fancy' screens that drain the battery and fail within a year, crunchy threads and a power delivery system that looks like an EKG on an oscilloscope are adequate for some, that's fine. ProVari don't deserve to be owned by everyone.
I'll bet you own a Mac.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
One thing the ProVari absolutely NOT do...

It will never LIE to you... If there is something on it that won't fire due to current/power limits, it will spit out an error code...

I have seen so many folks on here that are convinced their MVP/VAMO/Zmax or whatever is firing way above it's limits, simply because it fires when they set it to XX setting.

For example, the claim earlier in this thread where the MVP was firing a 3 Ohm coil at 9 watts. It never fired above 5V, but the fact that it fired at all would lead you to believe that it fired at 5.2V, which is not true at all...

Most of the Chinese mods are guilty of this... If you watch reviews which show the tech specs, scoped readings, and actual voltage output at particular settings, you can see where almost every Chinese device will never fire above it's rated settings (3 Amp limit, 5V limit, 11W limit, whatever the limit is)... But it will continue to fire whatever you have on there at the cap, and never let you know.

The ProVari doesn't mislead you like that... :) It just plain tells you that something is wrong, and to fix it before it will fire again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread