Status
Not open for further replies.

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
I like the ProVari for what it is and the milestone it represents in the evolution of vaping.

I want one, but I can't make myself pull the trigger mostly because I bet they do a new version
or entirely new device that does VW....
But that's my own problem, not the ProVari's.

I have owned several VV/VW devices prior to getting my first Provari and I don't miss them at all. Once you become proficient at vaping and refine your tastes and senses, you can do, IMHO, everything with a Provari that you can do with a VW device. The set it (wattage) and forget it (what ever resistance atomizer) mentality doesn't work for me because the vast variety of juices I use don't vape to my liking at the same wattage.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
The only thing holding me back from pushing add to cart are the add-ons.
$15.00 for an led color $35.00 for a tatroe base.
I just get that I need ky jelly feeling :facepalm:

I got the blue LED, but nothing else. I have no ext cap, no Tatroe anything and OMG! I can still vape just fine!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I think you can plug a cell phone into the MVP to charge it. One of the features which makes ProVari outdated...

But if I charged my phone wouldn't that shorten my vape time? By how much? I need figures! I wouldn't use it to charge my phone at home, so that means I would use it when I was out. How long would it last after charging my phone? How could I charge my MVP when I was out? I would rather vape than talk on the phone.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
But if I charged my phone wouldn't that shorten my vape time? By how much? I need figures! I wouldn't use it to charge my phone at home, so that means I would use it when I was out. How long would it last after charging my phone? How could I charge my MVP when I was out? I would rather vape than talk on the phone.

Chinese technology allows the transfer of power between the MVP and cell phone, so when the phone is low, the MVP charges it, but when the MVP is low, the phone charges it. When both are out of power, the MVP sprouts a solar cell for instant charging of both devices...

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL

If I remember correctly, you like your Reo. An MVP is not going to top that. But to answer your question, the MVP (and VTR) actually do vape well and don't seem so affected by that chipset. And for me, a mod is not a cell phone charger. Would never do that.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
OMG I'm so ashamed. I didn't pay enough for an APV and ignored an opportunity to support my fellow American workers. I have no class. I only look out for myself. I vape at 6.5 or 7.0 watts, not volts even though that gaudy OLED menu will allow me to do either. I should be worried about wearing off that pretty Provari finish instead of going trouble-free with solid stainless steel. Most of all I hate myself because my epicurean taste is not so super keen that I can discern any difference between vapor made with a 33.3 Mz chip and a 800 Mhz chip. I'll admit it, I really get a kick about being promiscuous with batteries. One day it's a petite 18350, that evening it's a tall lanky 18650 and the next day it might be a curvacious 18490 or 18500. Yes, I've done the unthinkable, too. I've actually done two 18350s at once!

Worst of all I'm going to buy another of these Chinese Kalashnikovs as a back-up now that I can get one for $42. The one I'm using now works perfectly well after seven hard months and I'm buying another already!

007-1.jpg

You cannot shoot a 1/4 moa with a Kalashnikov. I know there is better now but even a properly set up 1903 Springfield can do that. I know that 1/4 moa does not cut it anymore but it is still respectable. I will have to admit that an even older K96 can do it as well and takes a little less tuning but shame on me. What does a rifle that has a very hard time getting 1 moa have to do with a Provari? :)

Oh, I have not seen a slightly newer K98 do 1/4 moa.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
If I remember correctly, you like your Reo. An MVP is not going to top that. But to answer your question, the MVP (and VTR) actually do vape well and don't seem so affected by that chipset. And for me, a mod is not a cell phone charger. Would never do that.

i haz a sarcasm.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I was in a local vape shop not long ago and was talking with the owner and an employee about some of the new things that were coming out and how they claimed to be Provari killers, the owner handed me an Innoken SVD, yes, it hit good, nice and smooth, really not bad. Then his employee shot off his mouth about how many Provari killers there were out right now. It was at this point I stood up, took my Provari mini out of my pocket, unscrewed the RDA I had on top and threw it on the floor. They both looked at me in horror! I picked it up, screwed the RDA back on and vaped. I looked at both of them and asked if they had anything they'd like me to throw the same way, they declined! I then asked "How many Provari killers are out there now?" They were both speechless, as I expected them to be.
If you enjoy your cheaper mod, fine, I'm happy for you, but there are a lot of GOOD reasons Provari's cost what they do, and I'll happily pay just for the durability it affords me! I've got a new phone on the way, it seems they want $50 and more for a hunk of rubber to protect said phone, but people sure seem to buy them without issue, to me that's a rip off!

Fergie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Toronto, Canada,
If it had been my store, I'd have taken you up on it and thrown the SVD on the floor, not to prove you right or wrong but to show the owners credibility. I don't throw my mods on the floor, they tend to find the floor by themselves, so far so good, nothing broke. My Samsung S3 has fell at least twice and not a scratch. Yes I was amazed on that one as they don't look really durable.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
I was in a local vape shop not long ago and was talking with the owner and an employee about some of the new things that were coming out and how they claimed to be Provari killers, the owner handed me an Innoken SVD, yes, it hit good, nice and smooth, really not bad. Then his employee shot off his mouth about how many Provari killers there were out right now. It was at this point I stood up, took my Provari mini out of my pocket, unscrewed the RDA I had on top and threw it on the floor. They both looked at me in horror! I picked it up, screwed the RDA back on and vaped. I looked at both of them and asked if they had anything they'd like me to throw the same way, they declined! I then asked "How many Provari killers are out there now?" They were both speechless, as I expected them to be.
If you enjoy your cheaper mod, fine, I'm happy for you, but there are a lot of GOOD reasons Provari's cost what they do, and I'll happily pay just for the durability it affords me! I've got a new phone on the way, it seems they want $50 and more for a hunk of rubber to protect said phone, but people sure seem to buy them without issue, to me that's a rip off!

Even if this isn't true, and I have no reason to doubt your credibility, but I laughed quite a bit at this... Funny stuff

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Cleaning up the mess

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
*off topic* I was in a city *ack* and went into an AT&T store just out of curiosity.

They asked if they could help me. I told them not really, this is just a curiosity and I told there there was no service in my area. He asked me where I lived and showed them on a map. I was assured that phone would work in my area. I asked as many different ways as I could if it would work to clarify. Kind of like on an unnamed e-cig device.

I get home and the next day to try it out. Nope, no signal. I could get a signal about 14 miles away on high ground but it was spotty at best not really usable. I called ATT&T on a land line. Nope, I shouldn't have bought the phone if I was in an area that does not have service. GRRRRRRR I was stuck in a contract that was no use to me.

I think that was maybe 8 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread