What one thing that really changed your vaping experience for the better

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
That one thing would undoubtedly be my first REO Grand. It took my favorite vaping, dripping, from being a two-handed activity I only was able to enjoy at home in the evenings, to something I can do one-handed, from wake-up to bedtime, even when driving, with a day-long 6 ml bottle and 18650 battery, in a palm sized package smaller than a pack cigarettes, with no need to carry anything else. It lets me continue to use my disposable drip attys and even acts as a tank and mod for my unpunched cartos, but the ultimate dripping on it is with the bottom-fed, flood-free, Reomizer 2.0 rda. It's my end game, a Snap-On-like, commercial-duty grade tool I use all day, every day--so I bought a backup.

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
As previously mentioned the advent of the first fixed voltage 650 mah eGo's. Next for me came the first few generations of the old steel bodied CE2's and the ECF community joint effort in experimentation and improvement. Good times. Those old CE2's were pivotal for me once I had things dialed in. By that time I hadn't smoked for quite some time but at last felt that I more than likely never would again.

I still have a fall back stash of those old CE2's and all the paraphernalia and experience with the required tweaks. You might call me a vape survivalist. WTH, if the absolute bitter end were to come I've still got 510 carts and atties but I sure hope that day never comes!

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Sounds JUST like me. I got tired of the carts and having to haul around 1/2 dozen 510 batteries, spare atty's, ton's of carts because they didn't wick good, to make it through the day.
...have spent over $400 to get back up to date, but that will last me to next year sometime, so in the long run I will save money over the stinkies. The N00B's have it easy over when we started. But I am smoke free again and Happy to be back on ECF.

:vapor:

Hey Bernie, been meaning to give ya shout!
You're one o' the old timers I had in mind with my post and indeed, we both have very similar stories (-:

But really, don't you feel like a noob all over again yourself? he-he, I sure do (-;

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The convergence of that cheapie VV box mod from MadVapes - the only one available for under $100 at the time - a 306 atomizer and Boba's Bounty. The day I put those three things together was the day I got my first glimpse of the possibilities of vaping. The box mod is long gone and I rarely use either a 306 or Boba's anymore, but I would still argue that that is one of the best combinations out there.

genghishahn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
Sunnyvale, CA, USA
For me it was the switch to RBAs from cartos. I guess that kinda ties into juice--the difference in flavor (and enjoyment I get from vaping) was huge. Well, it was to me at least. And then there was getting my first Kayfun--closest thing I've found to dripping in terms of flavor. I heart my Kayfuns :)

Sent from an itty bitty keyboard

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I used e-cigalikes 2 years ago and quit smoking for 6 months but the 25$ every other day for refill cartridges was as bad as the cost of smoking and 2 batteries that lasted me 1 hr each was a pain as well as the taste of juice in my mouth so I went back to smoking...

Much the same my experience. I switched to e-cigs a while ago and my frustrations with the experience was one of the reasons I went back to analogs. The literal explosion of appliances available now and the ever changing technology now makes me think I got into vaping at a good time.

I'm a bit of a geek, so having all these new shiny things that I can tinker and play with satisfies my need for nicotine and my need for a "cool" hobby!

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Hey Bernie, been meaning to give ya shout!
You're one o' the old timers I had in mind with my post and indeed, we both have very similar stories (-:

But really, don't you feel like a noob all over again yourself? he-he, I sure do (-;

Hi Olderthandirt,
Yep, at first it was WTH is all this and what fits what and which is better, etc.etc. Took a LOT of reading to understand the differences. Then I ordered every adapter I could find so my old mods would work with the new equipment. It has really been a learning curve all over. But I think I have the hang of the new stuff. Now if all my new equipment will come in I'll be a happy camper. Currently I still don't have any new batteries, I'm using old 510 batteries, my box mod with a 14500 battery, and my Fog Log with a 18650 battery. Here is a picture of the fog log with a CE4+ attached.
MsFogLog.RePainted.jpg
I would have an eGo kit but they sent a pink instead of black, pink is just not my color. Still waiting on the replacement to come in. Plus I have 2 orders with FT that might be Christmas before I get them. But I am hanging in there with my old batteries until the new ones get here. Good luck to you my friend, may we never go back to the stinkies.

:vapor:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Perhaps four-five years ago I tried quitting with a cig-alike and 8mg. :lol: 8-o Didn't work. Last fall I discovered there was 24mg juice when someone recommended Volcano. I don't think it was the equipment that made that much of the difference, it was all the juice strength. After I quit it wasn't too long before I cut down to 16mg. I don't care what fancy gadget or juice I might have had, it was the nic strength that got me over the hump. That and sheer willpower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread