whats so great about provari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FourWinds

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2014
UK
Well guys, the advantages of a nice flat, non pulsed, output may, or may not be, a reality. The current Provaris don't have a power output setting however, and I think the display is poop (yes guys they don't get hurt by liquid; well make an OLED that doesn't get hurt by liquid either, right). Maybe it's a good device, but it could sure be a lot better when one considers the price. They need to up their game if they want my money.

Mutescream

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Florida, USA
I don't have a problem with your view on the Provari. To each their own. Its the general comment that we will come in here and try to cause trouble. The problem I have is with others putting a group down that they know nothing about, as well as a device that they know nothing about. Some people like drama. It's ironic that a person makes a statement that they are shocked that people haven't started trouble yet and then you just wait on it. If you poke a dog long enough, it will bite. Am i defensive about the comment you made about a wonderful group of people that I've come to know and respect? You bet! Am I agitated that you made a comment just asking for those of us to stand up for one another? You bet. I think people should stick to the original OP's question about Provari's and leave it at that. Everyone has their own opinion, it's when you generalize a group of people that you obviously have no clue about is when I get defensive. "as if on cue". I had read my previous posts and none are agitated or defensive, just the one about your post. Because I don't like people putting others down for no reason, especially ones that they know nothing about.

Did I actually say anything derogatory about the provari? Did I actually say anthing truly negative about provari owners?

I do admit to saying that provari owners would get defensive, which has happened. You yourself chose to get defensive, and react. I also admit to saying it is at least somewhat a status symbol thing. Do you deny that the "provariat" is a bit of a clique? I sure see a lot of forum sigs proudly proclaiming ownership.

Status symbols abound in our culture. Were it not the case, iproducts would also not be as ubiquitous as they are.

It's a part of just how things generally are.

If you are getting the vape you want out of it, why would you care what other people think?

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I do have a question.

If someone asks a question about a Provari shouldn't people who have owned a Provari be responding? Many times it is those that have never owned one saying the Provari owners will come.

I am at a bit of a loss. If someone asks about any other device shouldn't we expect the people that have owned those devices to show up? Sometimes Provari owners get a little edgy when they are proceeded by comments that we are coming with all of our ire. The personal attacks that come before our arrival when we are invited are a bit annoying.

Last edited:
And while you're picking those nits, KenD, I'm also confused about PWM. Granted that less costly mods use a standard 33.3Mhz PWM while Provari's is much higher, I can't understand how anyone would detect a difference in the vape because of that. One Hertz (hz), as I understand it,
is one cycle (or change in state) per second. One mega Hertz (Mhz) is one million state changes per second. So a one second vape will result in either 33.3 million pulses in that one second or 800 million in the same elapsed time.

I don't believe that a variance, even of the magnitude discussed here, is detectable by a human sucking up vapor.

Having said that, it's entirely possible that some vapers could notice the difference at the higher frequency. But with all the other variables involved in vaping I don't understand how this one factor could have much affect on the result.

I'm not trying to be a troll or smartass here, just don't see how this difference would be noticeable.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
And while you're picking those nits, KenD, I'm also confused about PWM. Granted that less costly mods use a standard 33.3Mhz PWM while Provari's is much higher, I can't understand how anyone would detect a difference in the vape because of that. One Hertz (hz), as I understand it,
is one cycle (or change in state) per second. One mega Hertz (Mhz) is one million state changes per second. So a one second vape will result in either 33.3 million pulses in that one second or 800 million in the same elapsed time.

I don't believe that a variance, even of the magnitude discussed here, is detectable by a human sucking up vapor.

Having said that, it's entirely possible that some vapers could notice the difference at the higher frequency. But with all the other variables involved in vaping I don't understand how this one factor could have much affect on the result.

I'm not trying to be a troll or smartass here, just don't see how this difference would be noticeable.

While it is not the only reason I own one (The biggest reason I got my first was for reliablity and long life) there does seem to be something different about it. I have had other devices and I didn't like using the others as much. Things just seemed better. A lot of anti Provari people crossed over after spending time with one. They just seem so nice to use in almost every way.

Last edited:

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I've seen so many posts that attest to the quality and durability of the things, it's hard for me to imagine that it's simply some kind of American jingoism going on. I just must believe that they are built of f'ing kryptonite. That said however; they are 'only' VV, and so change your coil, or have any resistance change through degradation, and guess again. And also I think the display is second rate and out of date.

When they make one with a power output setting and an OLED display I'll buy one. Until then I'll look elsewhere.

P.S. I think that peeps saying they produce better vapour are deluding themselves.

VW is not all it is cracked up to be. Switch from a single coil head running at say 6watts, to a dual coil head, with the device still set at 6 watts. You are now only pushing 3 watts per coil, and you may be struggling to get any vapor out of it. Do the same in a VV device, and now you have both coils working at the same capacity as the single coil did, and you see the advantage of dual coils actually working. A VV device would react much in the same way. Mech mod would in that aspect. And as a side note, I always run my VV/VW device in VV mode as it always felt more natural.

And I'm not saying you can't have your opinions, just need to clarify that there is some flaw in the advantages of VW over VV. As with anything, there is no free lunch. Always advantages to both sides. Just like the display may be outdated compared to other devices, many like the simplicity of the features, just like many like the simplicity of a mech mod (which also has limitations compared to an APV).

FWIW, I currently have an eVic that is dead after only 7 months (and I baby my equipment), sitting in a drawer, and currently using a Nemesis clone (kicked, because I can't stand the vape quality changing as battery dies), have a ProVari on the way, and have owned many of the traditional battery systems. Been Vaping for over 4 years, and not a sub-ohm cloud chaser....so for my opinions on what work best for me may not apply to what works best for someone else

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Southern Tina

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
FL
One thing though. I'd have preferred the full size Provari to have the same droplet pattern as the mini.

It really is a personal preference. I have the standard but the stripes vs the drops weren't a factor (to me personally). It was more about the size and it just fit me better. But everyone is different. Can't go wrong either way.

Southern Tina

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
FL
As if on cue...

Look, I am not saying the provari is a poorly made device, and from what I can see it's actually a pretty well built item (if a bit antiquated in the features department).

Please take a moment to reflect not just on the post I am replying to, but the two or three of yours preceding it. You are getting defensive and agitated.

I don't think "provariats" start trouble, tbh. But, the chip is noticably upon thy shoulder. Perhaps that is why some are out there that will poke with pointy sticks, so they can get a reaction.

Are you genuinely going to imply that status has nothing to do with it? I know people that do not own their mercedes to make them feel better about themselves, but on the same token would not be caught dead in a hyundai.

I meant to add. If you have a problem with me, I'm okay with that. PM me or direct your negative viewpoints at me personally. I assure you, I can take anything you have to say, and then some....go for it. I just wouldn't put a whole group of people in a "stereotype" which is what you did. They are wonderful, generous group of people and I just don't like people to be lumped together to seem negative to others.

Southern Tina

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
FL
I do have a question.

If someone asks a question about a Provari shouldn't people who have owned a Provari be responding? Many times it is those that have never owned one saying the Provari owners will come.

I am at a bit of a loss. If someone asks about any other device shouldn't we expect the people that have owned those devices show up? Sometimes Provari owners get a little edgy when they are proceeded by comments that we are coming with all of our ire. The personal attacks that come before our arrival when we are invited are a bit annoying.

Well, sure...that's the way it SHOULD be. But, it never is apparently.

jd1978

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
us
If you can hear it, and I have heard that people can, then it's perfectly reasonable to suggest that you can taste it also.

Please note that I'm working with no practical knowledge here, but I have been told that you can hear the pulsing.

Response to FatCatNat.

I can hear it on my Chinese mods. Sounds like a sprinkler system. Honestly for me to notice, I have to hold it to my ear.

Mutescream

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Florida, USA
Yes, I want that. Brand new 65 mustang exactly as built in 1965.

Bravo!

You know what you want, and are not ashamed to admit it. Whether or not it is a status thing is immaterial to the desire.

As an aside, I want one (a brand new off the assembly '65 mustang), too. It's truly a badazz car and it also does carry a certain air of status. Nothing to be ashamed of, as long as one doesn't put on airs about it or get bent out of shape when someone in a ricebox talks trash. It's enough to leave them eating exaust when the light turns green. :)

Southern Tina

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
FL
Did I actually say anything derogatory about the provari? Did I actually say anthing truly negative about provari owners?

I do admit to saying that provari owners would get defensive, which has happened. You yourself chose to get defensive, and react. I also admit to saying it is at least somewhat a status symbol thing. Do you deny that the "provariat" is a bit of a clique? I sure see a lot of forum sigs proudly proclaiming ownership.

Status symbols abound in our culture. Were it not the case, iproducts would also not be as ubiquitous as they are.

It's a part of just how things generally are.

If you are getting the vape you want out of it, why would you care what other people think?

Yes, you did say something about a group that owns them. If anyone wants something for a status symbol - then go for it. It's not for me, but I don't care what other people buy them for. I don't give a rats ... what people think of me. The ones that matter, know who I am.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Yes, you did say something about a group that owns them. If anyone wants something for a status symbol - then go for it. It's not for me, but I don't care what other people buy them for. I don't give a rats ... what people think of me. The ones that matter, know who I am.

I like this post.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Well guys, the advantages of a nice flat, non pulsed, output may, or may not be, a reality. The current Provaris don't have a power output setting however, and I think the display is poop (yes guys they don't get hurt by liquid; well make an OLED that doesn't get hurt by liquid either, right). Maybe it's a good device, but it could sure be a lot better when one considers the price. They need to up their game if they want my money.

Nope they don't have VW, and they also do not have eGo thread; they're 510 only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread