hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I got an email this morning that it has shipped. However, there was a statement in the email that “ tracking is not available with ups ground”. What kind of crap is that. I’ve never seen a ups package without a tracking number.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    My order from Mysnus shipped, but I forgot about the whole someone needing to be there to sign for it. But of course no one is home during the day so I had to cancel the delivery and have them hold it for pick up. Luckily the pick up site isn't too far from my work so I'll head over there on lunch today. Looking forward to having a little stock in the freezer for a change.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Good news. I picked up my Mysnus order from UPS and everything was correct. The expire dates were good which tells me they are shipping fresh snus unlike the last order I got from Northerner when half of it was expired or close to it. Now I'm pretty well stock up for the next 8 months and I saved close to a $100 off of buying local. ;)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    The jakobssen mint I got was really fresh from northerner and I'm pretty sure the melon will be since it's been out of stock until now. I know what you're saying though about them shipping old snus. It's happened to me before.

Reactions: The Rebel

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    The only good thing about the expired snus from Northerner is that they refunded my money and I got to keep the snus. I was a bit mad that it was expired but I used it anyway. It was only about a week past it's expire date, which was nothing compared to a few cans I already had in my freezer at the time. A couple of those were well past their date and I still ended up using them.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I am in my first husband free power outage without the husband. This should be fun. He rather kindly directed me to a few flashlights before he hung up. I have really bad night blindness.

Across the street has power! This is not fair! I think I am going to (EDITED: TRY TO) find the breaker box that is in this house SOMEWHERE? Maybe? Don't some of them LIVE outside? Surely not,

It's a big house. I am HUNGRY but also do not want to eat a SAD FRIDAY night dinner of pretzels, almonds and fruit or whatever's around like, in the dark. It seems so grim. It's probably not the breaker box, but perhaps my act of AGENCY will make something happen.

DO NOT make fun of me. I had this elderly and hence fairly well constructed fire alarm that beeped. First, it was for a few hours in the morning, kind of bearable, but well every day it got longer and so last night I climbed up and like dismantled it WITHOUT breakage, but I was like, "I will not sleep unless this is off." I have not REASSEMBLED it but I will. At some point. Probably.

Let's face it I should probably vanish in the Armageddon honestly (although I feel like staying here and redeeming myself would be more interesting) but I'd probably only have about 2 weeks to like, do it. That seems like an awfully short time in which to like, make such a HUGE personality change.

GAH. Breaker box, I bet that's not it, but it could be. I knew where ours was in the last two houses but the husband did not give me the "your own safety" tour in this one. LOL.

Anna

Nope just unlucky, I'm eating now I will read along and not comment, Perhaps I can eat more later,

Reactions: Doffy

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Arizona homes don't tend to have basements, IDK if it's because nothing would stay cold there anyway or nasty snaky vermin would collect down there.... But, no basement. Also the VAST majority of them are single story and don't have second floors.... Maybe it's the lack of wood or something, or all the elderly have collected in AZ and like, don't want to climb things.

It was in the former "dark room" which (seriously and sometimes I wonder about my landlord) is AN ACTUAL dark room, like, all these sinks, and pitch black and whatnot. It's where we shove the little dog here overnight if we think he will poop. Yeah no modifications to the house (like a dishwasher) but A darkroom is fine.

I have no clue. But I found it. No dice. AS I found it, I though to myself, "OH, holy GOODNESS like, the men in the lifty laddery things are all DEAD. There was this weird sound.... I can only describe it as "utility truck sound" and then this HUGE flash of FIERY something and then this CRASH of thunder that was perhaps, um the loudest and longest I ever heard. That is when I gave up and was like ,"Okay.... I'mma gonna eat." I ate this large meal of mostly unhealthy food and it wasn't even satisfying. I kept wishing for a nice slice of toast or a charming cup of tea but that is what power outages DO. Anyway I stopped expecting service right THEN and I also wondered how the husband had been hit TWO (He says three but one time he and his buddy were drunk and his ah pal asked what it was like to be hit by lightning and the husband was like, "Well, the river is getting hit pretty regularly want to go find out?" and so they waded in and sort of killed a few billion sperm-- that clearly needed to DIE but he calls it lightning strike and I call it "Are you so mentally ......ed you will not know how much of an idiot you are when I ask you?") In any case TWO direct hits one verified by his doc and everything the exit, the entrance, and the ringing headache and deafness for some time. I forget what happened the second time but like, apparently if you get hit once, you chances of repeat hits go up exponentially? If you ask me it's not fair. I mean, you don't win progressively larger lottery wins if you win a 2 dollar scratch off ticket if you keep at it.

So yeah I am pretty much stuck to the couch. This house is hazardous I'm not going to try and make coffee in the dark besides which all my hard earned groceries might be dead and I hate coffee without milk.

Dood, I hope our utility men are not dead. This is not ENTIRELY self interest on my part, although at least SOME.

I imagine I will get sleepy before my computer battery dies provided I don't start watching Meredith Grey or anything.

I have decided she is not the heroine she is the praying mantis on the show. All her paramours well BAD STUFF happens to them as in they die, are horribly humiliated, etc., only she's all like, "ME? Done? Having sex?? OF COURSE NOT this NEXT GUY will be the one."

Then he gets hit by lightning or whatever.

To be fair I would feel perfectly safe waltzing about in a lightning storm with the husband, it's probably one of the SAFEST PLACES I could be. But, I don't BRAG about it and be all "My last boyfriend caught his beard on fire and died and this one has been hit two, maybe three times if you count it but I am going to go ahead and bang him ANYWAY as it will all be fine."

Course, I didn't hear about the lightning right away or I MIGHT have bragged about it. Maybe.

Meredith Grey and her show makes me feel very uncomfortable with the relationships between men and women is all I am saying.

Also there is a very fine line between leaving a flashlight off to conserve it and having it roll under the couch and losing it and I am still discovering the parameters of that line.

Anna

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Anna, you crack me up. lol

Hitt, I'm guessing Northern sent you the shipping notification before it was actually shipped thus not having the shipping notification.

I had my UPS issue this week. I was waiting on a rheostat for my range since it wasn't the coil that was bad. I got notified that it was delivered in my mailbox. It wasn't there. I got on their site and they have a chat window but nobody responded for quite a while so I decided to call the Post Office since they did the ultimate delivery.

Guy checks on his end and it says delivered. I ask if it was my normal delivery person and it wasn't. He tells me he'll check with the carrier and get back to me. He doesn't. I checked the neighbors on each side of me, nothing.

I figure one of the others along the street may have gotten it and will drop it off in my mailbox so I journey up and down my 100 yard driveway three times until I give up and plan to check after rush hour thinking someone might drop it off on their way to work. Nothing.

I come in to call the PO again but check my email first. There's notification from UPS that a delivery is coming. Of course you never know what it is so it could have been unrelated so I go to tracking.

There it shows delivery yesterday and out for delivery today and I double check the old email and it's the same tracking. My guess is that the guy that received the handoff from UPS to USPS checked the wrong box. It would have been the first package I ever didn't receive and I get a lot of packages.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: stols001

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Hitt, have you got the order yet?

Yes, got the part and installed it this morning. It was the rheostat as opposed to the coil. I'm trying to decide if I want to pull out the new coil and send back the new one. It was a PIA in replacing it and it doesn't line up as well as the original but it was nearly $100. I figure I spent less than it would have cost had I called a repairman even with the new coil so I might just let well enough alone.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    That didn't take me long. Fifteen minutes after writing my comment, I had the range lifted looking to see if there was any way I could get the new burner lined up properly with the glass top. After careful consideration, If In went thru the trouble of moving it to the next hole, it would be out of line the other way. Therefore, I pulled it out and replaced the old one. Now I'm happy with where it sits on the glass top and happy I saved the packaging so I can ship it back with the same protection. Also happy to get the nearly $100 back. Now I just have to take the package tp Kohl's.

I'm still not comfortable and do not fully understand this Kohl's shipping option but we'll see. I finally found a returns page but something small I returned last week is going to take until the middle of September to get there.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Hitt, have you got the order yet?

Yes, got the part and installed it this morning. It was the rheostat as opposed to the coil. I'm trying to decide if I want to pull out the new coil and send back the new one. It was a PIA in replacing it and it doesn't line up as well as the original but it was nearly $100. I figure I spent less than it would have cost had I called a repairman even with the new coil so I might just let well enough alone.

My order is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

I’m sure a repairman would have been at least a few hundred.

Users who are viewing this thread