What's your funniest reactions received while vaping in public?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your funniest reactions received while vaping in public?

Well, I have two that really standout.

First: About a three weeks after quitting the analogs, I received the Blu Premiums with the little social case and all. My son was competing at a football combine in Atlanta, GA on this particular weekend. One evening we headed to eat at Cheese Cake Factory (as the wife and daughter was with us; us guys would have gone and grabbed a burger and been done with it). After getting there we find out that it is an hour and a half wait time to be seated. As we stand in the packed waiting area, the urge to have a hit off my Blu was strong, so I quickly leaned over and grabbed a mouthful of vapor thinking no one saw me. However, three black women only saw the light vapor appearing as smoke in their eyes. Mind you, they were approximately 20 feet away, and at this point continued to hawk me. I advised my son to pay attention to them, just to watch their reactions. At this point, they had only seen the vapor and not the blue light at the end of my ecig, therefore, I would turn the lighted end of the ecig away from them, grab a huge drag and then turn and puff it in the air. At this point, the dramatical presence of these women BEGAN! They, one by one began coughing and hacking, then waving their hands as if it was smokey in the room and had this extreme demeanor of being appalled that I would taint their air. Needless to say, as I notice one finally getting ready to advise management that I was smoking in the waiting area, I turned and began letting them see the blue light on the end. At this point the women were so confused, but apparently realized what it was and began to chuckle at themselves; and all things were fine.

Second: Me and my best friend took our teenage kids bowling one night about two months ago. On this certain night,I had in my presence a disposable cigar I found at LiteCigUSA. This thing is very realistic with a realistic orange glow on the end and pretty good vapor. As me and my buddy sat back at the rear table drinking on a picture of beer, while waiting for our time to bowl, I was getting some nice drags from the e-cigar and enjoying the night. Then it was my time to either throw the ball and get a strike or look like a complete hack as I hadn't been bowling in about 8 years at this point. As I jumped up and headed to the get my ball and have my turn, I was getting a big drag from the e-cigar and just threw it into my pants pocket while walking up. All of a sudden, this Hispanic lady with group next to me was watching and began tripping out, hollering, that guy just put a lit cigar in his pocket, Holy $%@ "did ya see it, did ya see it" she exclaimed to her friends. When I finished my turn, as I walked back, I quickly grabbed the e-cigar back out of my pocket and grabbed a big ol' drag and you could see their eyes grow wide as in amazement.

Nothing like a little shock & awe!:ohmy:

Hippieangst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Statesboro, GA
Anecdotal but not sure how funny it is. After vaping exclusively for 2 months now, I finally had someone ask me what the heck I was "smoking." I was driving and someone pulled up at a stop light and asked; I was rocking my eVic (all black) with a Tatroe Tank. I told her it was an e-cig, and she asked, "Oh, like a Blu?"

I replied with a waaaayyyy better.

She came back with asking if it worked, and I told her about not having an analog in almost two months (July 18th is the two month mark! :laugh:).

She said, "Oh, I need to quit; see, I'm pregnant and need to quit smoking."

Yikes...okay, that's actually scary, but I told her where to go online to get a starter kit. It was a long traffic light. I wish her and the little one all the best. Ideally, a woman with a child should be aiming to be as healthy as possible, so hopefully, she gets off the analogs.

Last edited:

Bob Lion54

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2013
Louisiana, USA
Bump! Wow! no one has anything funny experiences while vaping?

I haven't had any reactions. I keep expecting them, though. Of course, I'm using the Halo G6s and Tritons. The Triton is a bit big, but not like some of the mods people have and the G6 is a cig-a-like. I still expect people to notice when I pull up at the store and sit for a few moments and take a few puffs before heading in, but no one has.

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
I was vaping in the park and had a couple junkies come up to me wanting a hit of whatever I was smoking. They thought it was some new-fangled .... or speed pipe, not sure which. I couldn't convince them that my elaborate mod and tank was an "electric" cigarette. I think I should stop going to that park, lol.

vernhall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
United States
As me and my buddy sat back at the rear table drinking on a picture of beer, while waiting for our time to bowl, I was getting some nice drags from the e-cigar and enjoying the night.

I'd've thought the sight of you guys drinking a 'picture' of beer would've gotten funnier reactions than the e-cigar... :)

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Second: Me and my best friend took our teenage kids bowling one night about two months ago. On this certain night,I had in my presence a disposable cigar I found at LiteCigUSA. This thing is very realistic with a realistic orange glow on the end and pretty good vapor. As me and my buddy sat back at the rear table drinking on a picture of beer, while waiting for our time to bowl, I was getting some nice drags from the e-cigar and enjoying the night. Then it was my time to either throw the ball and get a strike or look like a complete hack as I hadn't been bowling in about 8 years at this point. As I jumped up and headed to the get my ball and have my turn, I was getting a big drag from the e-cigar and just threw it into my pants pocket while walking up. All of a sudden, this Hispanic lady with group next to me was watching and began tripping out, hollering, that guy just put a lit cigar in his pocket, Holy $%@ "did ya see it, did ya see it" she exclaimed to her friends. When I finished my turn, as I walked back, I quickly grabbed the e-cigar back out of my pocket and grabbed a big ol' drag and you could see their eyes grow wide as in amazement.

Nothing like a little shock & awe!:ohmy:

I was bowling two weeks ago and rocking with an eGo Evod combo full of Johnson Creek Domestic. A couple of mothers came up to me and demanded to know what I was "smoking." I explained that I wasn't--that I was using an electronic cigarette that produces harmless vapor.

"Ever seen a fog machine," I asked.

Yes they had, still eying me suspiciously.

"Watch this, then."

I took a plastic cup and took a massive draw from my setup, then slowly exhaled the vapor into the cup, where it stayed. Then I made the pouring out motion and the vapor literally fell from the cup and dissipated. I did it again, only this time I acted like I was drinking it.

At this point, the suspicion gave way to being curiously entertained. There were lots of questions, too. Both of their SO's are smokers and both want their guys to quit. At least if they decide to start vaping they'll have SO's who already know the score.

BTW, as a bowler, I make a heck of a vaper.

Co workers think I'm cracking out and want to take hits:vapor::facepalm:

Here at my house, we have a large sectional in the living room with a large square ottoman. The ottoman has a large wood surface in the center, where I keep my Johnson's Creek wooden box with my supplies, etc... It seems that every time my teenage kids bring a friend over they seem to come walking through when I'm refilling clearomizers, changing atomizers, etc... My kids never fail at telling their friends " don't worry, it's just his crack pipe", giggle then proceed to explain to them I quit smoking and its only an e-cig (but a large one).

I was bowling two weeks ago and rocking with an eGo Evod combo full of Johnson Creek Domestic. A couple of mothers came up to me and demanded to know what I was "smoking." I explained that I wasn't--that I was using an electronic cigarette that produces harmless vapor.

"Ever seen a fog machine," I asked.

Yes they had, still eying me suspiciously.

"Watch this, then."

I took a plastic cup and took a massive draw from my setup, then slowly exhaled the vapor into the cup, where it stayed. Then I made the pouring out motion and the vapor literally fell from the cup and dissipated. I did it again, only this time I acted like I was drinking it.

At this point, the suspicion gave way to being curiously entertained. There were lots of questions, too. Both of their SO's are smokers and both want their guys to quit. At least if they decide to start vaping they'll have SO's who already know the score.

BTW, as a bowler, I make a heck of a vaper.

Nice! Great way to introduce them to our new world!

MizStakes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Lafayette, LA
Doesn't sound funny but it always amuses me when I can pi$$ my ultra consevartive, hypocritical mom off...She caught me Vaping one day (I never smoked BTW) and she said "what the *bleep* do you think you are doing? IDK what is wrong with you! Why do you always have to do things that make us (family) look bad! Are you trying to give your Dad a heart attack? I had better not catch you doing that in public because I can still beat you in your 30's!" ......hahaha! Id like to see her try! Im a 5'8, 170lb ex marine and she is only 4'11, 110lb. Thinking of her hissy fit still cracks me up....:evil:

and I just love it when she pulls that "Dad" crap on me. Little does she know, he secretly encourages me to be myself. He was sneaking puffs of root beer float from my iTazte the other day, lol. :pervy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread