Not open for further replies.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I have a Line now and am considering it a project for me to try to get the wick/coil just right. There are a few variations on the theme so in a sense, all who are investing in Genesis' attys now are like pioneers too, finding the best path to that "best vape" and on a rebuildable atty.

In the meantime my favorite go-to vendor is still VaporKings for quality bulk attys.
I can get as good a vape from a Joye SR 510 (2.2 to 2.5 Ohm) and a DSE SR 901 (2.9 Ohm) with a good VV, as anything out there imo. AND at less the $5. an atomizer, which can last at least one or two weeks, I'd say the quest for replacing cigarettes is over.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
wow; i was the last to post, and thought i'd revive it; it's been a while....
Photo on 2011-12-29 at 14.34.jpg
i picked up a Vapage 18650 XL VMod, bf... for less than $75 new; a la carte comes with a "silo" carto 2.2 Ohm and a 2.2 universal hybrid atty.
there's all kinds of discounts on them. They are a bargain imo.
The feed system has a closed chamber at the connector, around the bottom of the atty; leak free and makes the feed easy. 9ml bottle.
You can see the cone which has air hole/s, and there's a metal collar inside that that goes around the atty bottom too.

I rigged an i06 to take a drip tip, by turning the beige cap around, clipping off 1/3 of the barrel from the closed side, so it would slide over the i06 barrel, and put this pyrex d/t on; no problem. Of course the pyrex is not needed, but i do tend to drip with my bottom feeders too.

LR 1.5 i06 kicks azzz on this. Really loving this pv; especially for the price.

Last edited:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Darn, I can't find the link.....but, one of the Brit's shows had a Phidias modded to work with the Kick. No electrical savy here, but ran a wire from the kick "spring" to the metal contact point at the other end of the battery. This was the first beta version of the Kick.

Fono is now making sealed feed system Phids and is planning on making them Kick ready as soon as the Kick is available. He's on the list of modders receiving the latest Beta, I do believe.

Also, Brad, the Grip guy, has some great ideas as well and is very interested in the modders version. I believe he's been an early beta tester.

We will have VW in BF wood mods in 2012!

jimho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
New York
It will be interesting to see what happens with the Kick mods- As I understand it (I may have this wrong), there are options avialble to allow for display and control of the kick that are being made available to select builders, and then there's those modder boards which allow more flexibility.... I'd love to see some of that incorporated into some of our favorite wood devices.

Uke- those boxes from Aqua Lady look promising - plus looks like she's going to carry the modder boards ... I was never a fan of the Darwin because of the form factor and I never accepted the hype that setting power was a true advantage over setting the voltage, - but making these available to modders is a game changer....I'll give evolv some credit for figuring out a way to market the electronics apart from the device that carries it. i think that opens a new door for many of the machinists out there that have struggled with electronics design, and some of us hobyists that have some skills but don't have the time to tinker... in the end it will be good for all of us.

Re the phid: Ditto to what ripple said- I've always been a fan of the phidias, but I'm not impressed by what Fono is (or in reality isn't ) doing with it- soldering a wire from the negative terminal to the contact on the Kick is a no brianer.... he is taking the attitude that you set it and forget it. Maybe true if you use the same attys and same juice all the time- I suppose some will be fine with it, but I've grown acustomed to and appreciate the ability to easily tweak my provari's up and down a notch or two depending on how I feel and what I'm vaping - to me that's the 1/2 the point of VV vaping (the other half being stability).... I also like knowing what the setting is, how much battery is left, what the device is seeing as resistance without pulling out my meter, and having the ability to shut it off without inserting one of those plastic disks....Fono doesn't want to tinker with the dimensions on the phid which I can respect, but he had other options that could have been in our hands months ago- it was a conscious decision on his part to not build even a limited run based on another option. .....I'll consider buying another one if he ever comes out with a working version that includes the Kick (or I might just retrofit my old one), but unless he comes up with some better way of controlling the output, I doubt it will be my main vape like it once was.....

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I agree if you mean that Provari standard (Darwin display) of all those technical info bits at your fingertips is a must have now.
The Provari has been out OVER A YEAR, and it's like still, the only PV (except Darwin) that has those features!
I read your post jimho, and for the first time, almost freaked; thinking about how having the Vari, with its feedback on batt charge, atty resistance, etc has helped me in my vaping experience and learning curve. Pretty handy at eliminating guesswork when something doesn't work right or feel right. a must have imo.

it's helped me figure out, in the case of the VMod XL, that a good batt and a decent mechanical switch, with the right atty resistance and design will give a predictable vape... i had given up on bottom feeders til now.
The SGtArmyTank is great, but it's a bit fragile imo. VV evercool.
re: Fono, I sold my Phidias after it twice warped here in Hawaii. No wood boxes for me that aren't squared off or something.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I tweeted Michael asking if the EQ was dead and this is his response for those interested:

nope.. just not releasing any Info until everything is in order, it's gonna be some time but the EQ is def. not dead :)

LOL I will believe that when I see it. :)

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
wow... it seems like such a long time ago, and thinking about how long the Provari has been out and still one of the only TWO pv's with meter read outs and regulated VV, done nicely btw, I come to the conclusion that innovation moves rather slowly in the ecig world. It's according to demand and money volume, which is not near i/e an ipod speaker dock that kicks azz (just got an iKick 510 $165).
There have been some nice additions to the genre, but nothing earth shattering, and my opinion of the EQ is no more than a regulated VV with an auto pump feed. Not earth shattering either.
Even the Genesis mods imo are just a version of DIY on the existing technology of the atomizer.
Until there is a quantum leap in atomizing liquid nicotine technology, we are all just bouncing around at this level.
Is the cup half empty? I guess that's my feeling today.
Later it's going to be half full, after work is done and i can cruise.... :)

I want to see a new generation of atomizers that vaporize liq nic even better.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
Wayne I totally agree. He tweeted yesterday about them giving away three VV mods made in China so I retweeted about the EQ just to hear his response. As always useless info.

The VV mod is just a Volcano type VV the Lava Tube. Looks like a lot of vendors are selling them now.

I don't put much faith in the EQ ever coming out like it was going to. I think if I dose come out it will be a cheaper version with standard VV unit in it. He has to do something with all the cases he had built.

Just my 2c :)

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread