Not open for further replies.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Just curious, why wouldn't you use it with the carts that are fillable?

I would to try it out but never had any luck with those things. I did see a mod using the SS mesh building a wick that extended in to the cart. I will try to find the link and post it here.

the SS wick is set up like the Gtank I will dig up the how video tonight

Last edited:

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Okay....I just pulled the trigger and picked up the A2-T....SS model! I'll let you all know how it is....love German engineering.

Also picked up a couple of empiremod dripshields for the darwin/provari that is forthcoming....all combined with the torpedo tank, the bulli atty and the gooseneck...I should be set until the next version of the EQ comes round.....maybe...possibly?....doubtful.

Last edited:

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
I would to try it out but never had any luck with those things. I did see a mod using the SS mesh building a wick that extended in to the cart. I will try to find the link and post it here.

the SS wick is set up like the Gtank I will dig up the how video tonight

I saw that someone rolled the mesh and skipped the wick in the mesh roll and reportedly it wicked better.

Rockproof

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
PA
I don't know if it has been mentioned yet but has anyone brought up the HOG Mod (thread link here...http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modder-accessories-supplier-forum/196163-hogs-mods.html) He is going down the path now of a VV bottom feeder. Below are some pics of the first prototype using an ORK-T switching regulator. Works great and will vape a LR DC well above 5v. I think the biggest advantage of this wood bottom feeder is the relative size compared to other wood VV's I have seen. The fit and finish of the box are also superb (the seams are barely noticeable).

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...

102_5371.jpg

102_5369.jpg

From left to right:

-The original, very first Hog wood mod I think...(with brass drip well added and converted to a VV with the ORK chip...I could make this a bottom feeder but I enjoy VV to much). Topped with a LR DC Carto and Liquinator.

-The very first VV Hog Mod botttom feeder (no tank necessary )

- My gold Buzz (modded with a 3amp chip set). Topped with a LR DC Carto and Liquinator. I really like the Buzz and also though it would give some scale for the Hogs...

102_5375.jpg

102_5379.jpg

Friend of Atlas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
CT
you all might want to research the sweetvapes grip vv unit. It's pretty cool

Tybin, do you have the 'vv power feeder grip'? I ask because I didn't see a way to pump the bottle without opening the door... Maybe the picture isn't doing it justice? OH - nevermind, I see the button used to 'feed' the liquid up to the atty... I did check this one out, but there was a reason I wasn't into it - I should be taking notes :) since I can't remember anymore...

At second glance, it does look nice - very comfortable to hold at the very least - and I like that the button and grip can be custom configured to how you want to hold it. On the other hand, the grip kinda locks you into a specific posture, so I guess you better be committed to holding you PV a certain way (which I am for the most part).

His wood combos are also good-looking, more understated, which I like (one of the reasons the monkeyboxx doesn't hold more allure for me)

Friend of Atlas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
CT
I don't know if it has been mentioned yet but has anyone brought up the HOG Mod (thread link here...http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modder-accessories-supplier-forum/196163-hogs-mods.html) He is going down the path now of a VV bottom feeder. Below are some pics of the first prototype using an ORK-T switching regulator. Works great and will vape a LR DC well above 5v. I think the biggest advantage of this wood bottom feeder is the relative size compared to other wood VV's I have seen. The fit and finish of the box are also superb (the seams are barely noticeable).

Thanks for bringing this one up Rockproof - This mod hasn't ever registered on my radar at all - and the woods being bantied about are really wild!

Gotta go do some more research.... really intriguing - I'd like to get some more info on that switching regulator (for my obsession with safety measures of course)...

Here's my secret fantasy mod from epipemods.com (can imagine a woman toking on this :?: :ohmy: :laugh:):

img_3488.jpg

26650 Battery- 10 ML bottom feeder bottle - Now all it needs is VV

Unfortunately at $300 for just the body (not including stem) - this will have to wait until my level of eccentricity rises a tad higher :p

Last edited:

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
What are you guys looking at?
I might just stay with what I've got for a while, watching for whatever developments that might arise.

EQ would've been my first VV. But, I've been pretty happy with LR @ 3.x for the past year.

Just thought I'd give VV a shot to see what all the hype is about. I'll consider a Darwin, but honestly, a standard battery with a LR atomizer has served me well for more than a year. Time will tell.

tybin

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
WA
yes, excellent craftsmanship. you either get the plunger (choose left or right side for it) or specifically ask for it to have a "sqounk" hole. reverse side for grips is also an option so you can fire with your thumb.
Tybin, do you have the 'vv power feeder grip'? I ask because I didn't see a way to pump the bottle without opening the door... Maybe the picture isn't doing it justice? OH - nevermind, I see the button used to 'feed' the liquid up to the atty... I did check this one out, but there was a reason I wasn't into it - I should be taking notes :) since I can't remember anymore...

At second glance, it does look nice - very comfortable to hold at the very least - and I like that the button and grip can be custom configured to how you want to hold it. On the other hand, the grip kinda locks you into a specific posture, so I guess you better be committed to holding you PV a certain way (which I am for the most part).

His wood combos are also good-looking, more understated, which I like (one of the reasons the monkeyboxx doesn't hold more allure for me)
mine is also slimmer than the standard. not sure if this is on purpose or not

Last edited:

Sacker

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
USA - Honolulu, HI
The black one is from Avid Vapes and I will try to take some photos tonight. It dose not cover the CC completely and it is like an evo cone but not as steep. I have the strait ones coming this week that should look more like I was going for. I will post photos of both on the Buzz when it comes in.

thx MXBNW .. does the bottom fit snug to the connector?

Sacker

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
USA - Honolulu, HI
Okay....I just pulled the trigger and picked up the A2-T....SS model! I'll let you all know how it is....love German engineering.

Also picked up a couple of empiremod dripshields for the darwin/provari that is forthcoming....all combined with the torpedo tank, the bulli atty and the gooseneck...I should be set until the next version of the EQ comes round.....maybe...possibly?....doubtful.

The SS A2-Tank.. you need to drill your own hole.. in the shell.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
The SS A2-Tank.. you need to drill your own hole.. in the shell.

It's my understanding that drilling is only required for the upgrade kit from A2 to the tank? Yes?

see this: http://bulli-smoker.com/verdampfer-atomizer/bulli-smoker-a1-atomizer-2-2-2.html

"With this Update kit you can update your Classic A2 Atomizer to the Tank System.

You need to drill self a 1mm Airhole,please watch the instruction Video.
Drilling Aluminium is easy,but at stainless steel can be more heavier,so if you can not do self,ask your friends or neigbours to drill it."

I did not get the upgrade kit...I got the A2-T...no drilling required.

Last edited:

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
I know on my original Empire ones you do not need an extension. I will check the Avid ones and let you know.

Empire still has some silver solid ones left. Empire 901 Drip Shields

I am waiting for the Flat to come back in stock I need a few Silver and Black ones :)

When I picked up the empiremod dripshield there was only 1 type available, so...I grabbed it and the 510 to 510 adapter...

question, how is it on the 510...I'd like to use it on the Darwin?

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
When I picked up the empiremod dripshield there was only 1 type available, so...I grabbed it and the 510 to 510 adapter...

I use mine on the Darwin but you'll need two 510 to 510 adapters otherwise it won't close without rubbing the side of the Darwin.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion

works good Never had any issues. I even put in on my REO a few times just to test it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread